Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,931 members, 7,848,775 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

Is Hiphop Going Places In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Hiphop Going Places In Nigeria? (629 Views)

Is Hiphop Now As Respected As Other Genres? / Is Hiphop Month Of History What Do You Know About Hiphop Say It Out / African Gospel Going Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Hiphop Going Places In Nigeria? by ricqyultra(m): 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2009
IS HIPHOP GOING PLACES IN NIGERIA?
The hiphop generation has just started in Nigeria.Over the years,many rappers or rather MC's have been coming out of the streets to show what they can offer.But STILL nothig has changed yet.I dont wish to blame Nas who publicly blasted the sophomore jam titled "HIPHOP IS DEAD".But the question is "Is it dead in U.S.A or Africa Or Nigeria or the World as a whole".Take a look at Mode9,Ruggedman,EEDRIS Abdulkareem,Naeto C,Saecekid,etc.They still are not the desperadoes of hiphop in N.I.G! Where do you expect the real RAPPERS to come out from because the northern part of Nigeria is the source whether we like it or not.Lagos is just the market for it.Are the radio stations,TV stations and the press really doing justice to over a thousand and one underground MCs who are keeping the game real beneath?Well,only time will tell.But click on this link below and see if somethig is about to happen:-

www.myspace.com/worldofultra

Argue for OR against this topic.Reactions should be plain and null of abuses.
Re: Is Hiphop Going Places In Nigeria? by princesa(f): 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2009
i actually dnt know where u are heading at

(1) (Reply)

Suspect Features Wyclef, Mi-fliss On His Yet 2b Releasd Track. / I Wana Be A Star: / Are U A Female? Do U think U Gat Great Voice?:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.