Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) (884 Views)

Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern / Pls Help With Some Clarifications On That Portion Of The Bible II Kings 2 23-24 / September 23/24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by BodePolScience: 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sirs/Madams, we all know there are so many professing christian and also rich. In fact, some are more than being rich but Jesus says it will be very hard for rich individuals to make heaven. Please am I missing something?
Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by Orunto: 3:53am On Mar 30, 2015
Please am I missing something? Yes. Favour is like Grace from God. The Richman should start playing "Favouratism". It is like being Gracious. And Heaven straigth he will go!!!!
Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by BodePolScience: 7:50am On Mar 30, 2015
Orunto:
Please am I missing something? Yes. Favour is like Grace from God. The Richman should start playing "Favouratism". It is like being Gracious. And Heaven straigth he will go!!!!
I don't really understand your point.
Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by emmyskies(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2015
Yes. It is written: It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of GOD than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, as we are mandated to sell all we have and give to the poor.

We shouldn't amass wealth. As much as the wealth comes, we shouldn't keep them for ourselves, we should rather use it to help the poor and needy around us, orphans, homeless etc. That way, our earthly wealth would be translated into heavenly eternal richies.
Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by BodePolScience: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2015
emmyskies:
Yes. It is written: It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of GOD than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, as we are mandated to sell all we have and give to the poor.

We shouldn't amass wealth. As much as the wealth comes, we shouldn't keep them for ourselves, we should rather use it to help the poor and needy around us, orphans, homeless etc. That way, our earthly wealth would be translated into heavenly eternal richies.
hmmn, so elucidative and clear but this seems to be very ironical when we look at the contemporary christian community since we have pastors with fleet of cars, multiple landed property and private jet while members are languishing in poverty and want.

1 Like

Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2015
The good thing about it is that Jesus never said it is impossible for a rich man.... So as a rich man, my prayer has always been, Father, expand the eye of the needle or shrink the camel for thy beloved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by kuss: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2015
Op please read the full text to get understanding of what Christ is saying

Mark 10:25-30 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

What Christ is saying is don't trust in your riches, use your riches to promote the gospel and you will have a hundred fold more riches and in the world to come eternal life.

4 Likes

Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by biggerboyc(m): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2015
thanks for this. the reason why people do get the wrong side of the bible is that they only read maybe a verse and not every thing the bible said about such. you have really do justice to it
kuss:
Op please read the full text to get understanding of what Christ is saying

Mark 10:25-30 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

What Christ is saying is don't trust in your riches, use your riches to promote the gospel and you will have a hundred fold more riches and in the world to come eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by emmyskies(m): 12:52am On Mar 31, 2015
BodePolScience:
hmmn, so elucidative and clear but this seems to be very ironical when we look at the contemporary christian community since we have pastors with fleet of cars, multiple landed property and private jet while members are languishing in poverty and want.
Work out your salvation and ignore pastors and church-goers that claims to be christian. A christian is someone who is Christ-like. Obey the words of JESUS Christ. He tells us that if we continue in His commandments, then we are His disciples. We ought learn of Him -foxes have holes, birds have nest but the son of man has no where to lay his head.

What say you??know ye not that the LORD will judge us from His word? Follow His word, stick to His commandments and do His will.
GOD bless you

1 Like

Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by BodePolScience: 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
Thanks, I ve learnt from different inputs. I think the bottom line is that we should surrender our wealth to God's leading. We should act as caretaker and not as owner of money. We should show that we love God more than money. Our affection should be God and not money as we cannot love God and money. God first!
Re: Help! So A Rich Man Cant Make Heaven.(matt 19:23-24) by An2elect2(f): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
Apart from lusting after material wealth there is also the part of forsaking our merits, righteousness, good works, religious background, etc of acceptance before God.

We must come as poor sinners who have nothing to hold on to but the righteousness of Christ which is imputed in us by faith.

(1) (Reply)

"What If I'm Wrong?" - To God On The Judgement Day. / Is It Wrong For God To Send A Deluding Influence On People? / Drop Your Prayer Request Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.