Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,781 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:09 AM

10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It (1214 Views)

This 3yrs Old Boy Is More Popular Than Some Celebrities On Nairaland (picture) / Stunning Photos Of Fathia Balogun That Make You Doubt She Is 46years Old / After Kylie Jenner Is Tagged “more Popular” Than Kim, 6 Nude Photos Hit The Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 30, 2015
Hi! It's TheWisest again!

After a long break from posting content on Nairaland, I was amazed at how easy it is for original content to be copied round the Internet within a short time - even without marketing! My last post that got featured on Nairaland Frontpage which garnered over 43,324 views and inspired one other Nairalander to pen an alternate version that still made Frontpage, got copied by people I don't know almost all over the Internet. The day I found out through google, I was mad.. but felt like a celebrity! I m not there yet... so here is another powerful post for everyone today to devour. This one is POWERFUL... after lots of personal study, this is how I know to become a celebrity like the rest you adore on TV and online. I'm kinda scared to reveal this - it's like revealing the location of the lost city of Atlantis that everyone thought was a myth. Yet... I love Nairaland... and we are Nairalanders. So I'll spill the secrets! Write this down:

1. Have a Super Power: Everyone knows Spiderman. What's special about him - he has the ability to spin strong webs to save the day. Superman? Super strong, can fly, has laser eyes and enhanced ears. But before you conclude that you can't get a superpower like these Marvel comic heroes, let's come down to real life. Linda Ikeji has a super power - her ability to connect us with the high and mighty in society through her blog. Who else? Wizkid? Wizkid is legendary as a freestyle musician - spinning mad melodies on the fly like he rehearsed them the night before. What's my super power as TheWisest? The ability to write sweetly and present the most interesting posts that matter to you my reader. Fact is everyone has a superpower. Find one or create one - trust me it's as easy as just asking, "What do I love to do anyway?"

2. What's your look signature and social signature??: Reflect and remember almost every one of your favorite celebrities. You'll notice they rock their own individual ways of presenting themselves. Drake the American rapper has his fine haircut and outstanding eyebrows and regular simple jacket and jeans. Lil Wayne his label mate has his usual shades and dreadlocks and saggy three-quarter shorts. Nicki has her hips that stand out - okay, pardon me, that's what most of us guys do notice. But she has this way of presenting herself, so strong on the sexual hint... gosh! Even your president Goodluck Jonathan isn't silly for always dressing the way he does - that's why he is a celebrity, more popular than his wife the first lady. Remember his hat and his apparel and his smile? Exactly my point! Exactly why he's the most celebrated Nigerian president ever with mass appeal. So for your looks, strive to maintain a consistent way of presenting yourself. For me, I may have to stick with the "10 Simple Things" way of presenting myself on Nairaland posts. Lol. But for real, even my writing voice ought to be seen as consistent too.

On the B part of this number 2, talking about your social signature, it just refers to how you relate with others on an everyday basis. What's the normal you? Are you polite? Cautious with your words? Rude? Proud? Arrogant? Just maintain one signature and always use every opportunity you can to show yourself - in fact, show yaself...

3. What's your origin story? : Most of the time, it's your story that explains why you have your superpowers. Here's how it happens: people observe your super power and then, the next thing, humans, being naturally curious, want to know how come you're so good at what you do. Then your story comes along to explain everything. Then suddenly, they understand. Plus the story will never leave their minds forever. Your story will be your that-is-it-o in your fans' minds for why you can do the extraordinary things you do. My own story as TheWisest is short - t'was long but I could shorten it: I used to be on Nairaland earlier in the early 2000s and used to be bad, then got banned in the late 2000s which made me quit Nairaland for a long time. Then in the later 2000s after 2010, around 2014, Google brought me back to Nairaland and I felt like I missed it. But this time I vowed to be a good boy and contribute only meaningful and wise content to help people. That's how I became theWisest. The End... Write your own story now!

4. Find millions... Satisfy millions... Make millions: There is a theory of scale and magnitude that says that once you can find millions and serve millions, then you'll become a millionaire. I couldn't agree more. Though obvious that it's the number of admirers that make celebrities famous, it is tempting to ask, who came first: the admirers or the celebrities? The celebrities came first - satisfying millions who fell in love with the celebrities. And guess why it's easy to find these millions for you to influence? Because most times you can find them gathered in one place: find them on a popular website (think Linda Ikeji and Nairaland), find them through a radio or TV platform, find them through a popular author's or popular magazine's back-page advertisement, etc. Find the millions that need you, serve them, help them and millions will start admiring you... and start paying you too.

5. Stir emotions and be willing to become a canvass: If you're such a shy person and such a sensitive sweet person, then pleaaaaaaasse, becoming a celebrity is not for you. Do you know how many times I've been walking down the street in our estate and a group of tout boys would sneer and make the most painful comments like, "See as e dey form jand... like sey e be oyibo". If I dey do like oyibo, wetin concern you? I even know that pidgin doesn't fit me - my sisters have told me countless times. But all in all, I really don't care what people say or think. There is always a cost for anything you want in life, and if you want to become a celebrity, then you must be willing to pay the price of giving up your sensitivity - to a great level. People love to castigate others as mirrors for their own mistakes and who better to castigate than someone working in front of them, someone in the heat of the battle. Don't you know that's why it's easier to bark at football players on your TV than to join them on the field and help them play? Just be ready for bashing from your so-called fans. Lol.

6. Have a name that rhymes with your most notable feature(s): Wizkid - A wizard at free-styling. IcePrince - too cool for an aboki, if not the coolest aboki ever. Goodluck - you know your president that "never wore shoes" and went on to rule Nigeria. So many many examples... find a way to come up with a name that matches your most important feature(s) or superpower(s). This will crest you faster in the minds of your fans.

7. Create something or things that others want to steal: Like the last article I wrote?! It wasn't their fault shah... I guess they just appreciated my work... without even giving credit to the right source! Well, let me behave now... How many of you girls would love to exchange your life with that Kim Kardashian?!!! I hear lots of "Ays"! Kim Kardashian created something... a life whether real or fantasy I don't know. But every girl would give up growing large boobs to have Kim's lifestyle. Abi ladies, I lie?

8. Never stop your work 'heartbeat': Meaning keep showing up with HIGH QUALITY STUFF. Be consistent. Never give long gaps... in releasing new works, and HIGH QUALITY works they must be. Now you can start understanding the kind of pressure most of these popular musicians encounter in their lives. In order to stay relevant as celebrities, they have to keep churning out new works while maintaining high standards, along with their everyday grind. Not easy... told you there is always a cost. That's part of my signature look, "There is always a cost".

9. Use Celebrity Status to Help People: Above all, people always want to copy celebs. This implies that your celeb status should be a platform for you to execute your purpose for living - anything really dear to your heart you want to correct or help with around you. This purpose is how you relate with everyone and how everyone relates with you, everyday. If you mentor people everyday, then mentoring is your purpose and calling. If you make others laugh everyday and enjoy a good time doing it, then that is your purpose. Why not visit the motherless centers and make them laugh and have a good time with them. Celebrities do this - it's just admirable, using your status to change people's lives for the better.

10. Act Perfect 80% of the time - 20% other, confide in others: And finally, though it might seem controversial, but you have to learn to "act" perfect if you want to be taken seriously as a celebrity. All the bling-blings you see on celebrities on TV do cover up a lot of things they go through in their personal lives. But that's what people want to see - idols, gods of the screen. That's why celebrities are revered. Yet, on another hand, too much perfection will make you seem distant and unrealistic to people, like you're not real, like you're forming too much. So the solution - use your instinct and learn when to confide sensitive parts of your life to your fans. Do it 80% Mr/Miss Perfect and 20% let's be real. Like... phew... me, I'll say this; two of my younger siblings have been mentally ill since last year. They've recovered a lot but the worst part was that I didn't know about their condition because I wasn't around home for 2 years. And they knew that I'd break down if I found out. So my family hid it from me over the phone. You know the feeling of coming back home after a long time, expecting everything to be perfect, only for something as crazy as this to surface? Yeah... well, just confiding in you all my brothers and sisters.

So, the 10 simple things these celebrities do that you can start doing today to boost your business or career. Comment softly and if you must bash, well, you're still welcome. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2015
Brb
Re: 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2015
grin
Re: 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
Create stuff people would like to steal?
Now that's a good one
Re: 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 31, 2015
misscastle:
Create stuff people would like to steal?
Now that's a good one

Lol. Just try it... The feeling is a rush ahswear...
Re: 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Codyt(m): 12:02am On Mar 31, 2015
This is going to work for me a great deal. Thanks for the write up. Self-esteem 80% already and counting cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2015
Codyt:
This is going to work for me a great deal. Thanks for the write up. Self-esteem 80% already and counting cool

Yes boss smiley
Re: 10 Simple Things That Make Celebrities More Popular Than You & How To Change It by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
TheWisest:

Yes boss smiley

Uhmm, i Can't reply emails embarassed don't know why

(1) (Reply)

Man Pays $2.35 Million To Have Lunch With Warren Buffett. See What Buffet Eats.. / Unlike Davido, Wizkid Didn't Pay Alicia Keys To Dance To His Music (VIDEOS) / Photo From The Bus Accident On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.