Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. (851 Views)

How I Was Robbed This Morning By A "One Chance" Syndicate / I Was Hung Upside Down And Tortured For 3months: Victim Of Police Brutality(PIC) / Photo: Actor/comedian Funky Mallam Survives Food Poisoning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by Chillext(m): 7:54am On Mar 31, 2015
My sis got back from Europe yesterday, she decided to change some euro's to naira, unluckily for her, she was short paid by the mallam of 125k, but she confirmed the money was complete at the spot where she was paid. I believe the mallam might have used some kind of vodoo to get the money back.

Nairalander's pls advice us on what to do
Re: Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by delishpot: 7:56am On Mar 31, 2015
There is norring you can do. He will deny it cos shr counted and admited that it was complete to the malam. Next time, let 2 people count it and count again.
Your only option left is to carry police and set the malam up again. As in undercover police O. Let malam count and short change you again then the police will catch him like a rat. Das all.
Re: Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 31, 2015
No voodoo was involved.

This is the oldest trick inb the book and I have fallen to this as well.

The mallam gave her money to count which wasn't complete let's say 100k which will be short on counting

Your sis after counting it returned it back to him. He counted it and saw it was short and immediately handed it back to her in order to produce the shortfall. It was at this time on handing back to her that he swiftly removed from the pile. Your sister did not count it thinking the money was correct. Sher only counted the shortfall that he then gave her.

Oldest scam.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by Chillext(m): 8:05am On Mar 31, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
No voodoo was involved.

This is the oldest trick inb the book and I have fallen to this as well.

The mallam gave her money to count which wasn't complete let's say 100k which will be short on counting

Your sis after counting it returned it back to him. He counted it and saw it was short and immediately handed it back to her in order to produce the shortfall. It was at this time on handing back to her that he swiftly removed from the pile. Your sister did not count it thinking the money was correct. Sher only counted the shortfall that he then gave her.

Oldest scam.
pls! So what can we do, cos I can still remember the mallam
Re: Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by 9jii(m): 8:11am On Mar 31, 2015
Chillext:

Police will believe you
Re: Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by Chillext(m): 8:17am On Mar 31, 2015
9jii:

Police will believe you
are you saying I should report to the Airport police?
Re: Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2015
I am sure the money changer was in front of Airport Hotel, Ikeja.

They will offer you a higher rate.

I have fallen for this trick in the past but I went back after a month and patronized the same vendor. He offered the higher rate of about 142 to a dollar when it was sellingg for about 136.

Knowing his scam, I went back to him to change 400 dollars. They usually use smaller denominations like 500 which makes counting cumbersome.

I counted the first batch he gave me and as usual it was short by 6000. I gave it back to him to count and he did and saw it was short. I did not remove my eyes from the bundle. He gave it back to me and I recounted it to be sure. It was complete. He then gave me the 6k shortage which I counted again.
The remaining balance I still counted.

When I was satisfied that the money was complete I then gave him 300. He became angry and said he paid me for 400 not 300. I then said to him let me count it. That's when he knew I knew hs scam. He said take your dollars give me my money. I then gave him hisb 100 balance. He was angry because he had paid me more than the usual rate

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice, I Was Short Paid By A Mallam At The Burea The Change. by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 31, 2015
Chillext:

Rob the nigga or scam him back

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Coffins Arranged For 4 Nigerians Awaiting Death Sentence In Indonesia / Benenoise Soldier Strips Female Workers Naked & Tie Them To A Tree For Allegedly / Uniben Student Crush Buy Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.