Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Wife Issues - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wife Issues (2026 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Issues by randa(m): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2009
my wife is pregnant with our first child and her attitude has changed, not that it is unexpected but i didnt see it cming the way i did, i get wken up like 1am screaming she wants to eat this and that, one nite i had to g out around 2am to look for suya, yesterday wile driving back hme we stopped up t three times t buy groundnuts ,banana and sme funny stuff, i am trying hard, but i think i may begin t call her bluff, not accedding to her requests all the time
Re: Wife Issues by largie(f): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2009
don't you think you should rather be sympathetic ?she has all her system running haywire and this is something she can't controll.she is directly feeling the impact of pregnancy what you are feeling is her reaction to the impact and you 'want to call her bluff' If you don't want to hurt her feelings and your relationship i will tell you to soft pedal and accomodate that and even brace up for more of it.I will advise you meet other guys well experienced and ask them how they pull through.Welcome to the women's world.Go on the internet and get to understand all that happens to a woman in pregnancy and what is expected of her partner.show her more love that way it gets easier for both of you.
good luck
Re: Wife Issues by Chookym(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2009
Go to this site www.babycenter.com and register. They will give u weakly update of wat goes on in a pregnant woman.
You have to be patient nad loving throughout this period. She needs your love and care.
Re: Wife Issues by tpia: 3:57am On Jan 24, 2009
Re: Wife Issues by TOYOSI20(f): 1:06am On Jan 26, 2009
@ Op

I believe Ur wife is essentially going through a phase so i ask u be patient wid her at this time. . .

Good luck to ya!! smiley
Re: Wife Issues by skulachi(m): 2:59am On Jan 26, 2009
It is very true that your wife is going through a very difficult time. These behaviour are most times expected in women especially if it is their first pregnancy. You have to plead with on the kind of food is getting hungry for because at the end it will be of less good than harm. She would not know the repercussion for eating anything that the desire hungers for now. the consequences are usually foreseen during child labor as the child may grow too big and cause difficulty in labour, even lead her to been obese or overweight in most cases. Mine own very birth was a piratical case. When my mother was carrying me during pregnancy she eat anything that hungered her but when it was time to conceive it was a big war. five good hours she was still in labour and when i finally came out, do you care to know what i weighed 6.25KG for a baby, that was me. Today i have reduced my self and now average in weight.
To cut the long story short after my experience, nobody told my mother she would not have to eat anything that comes are way or craves for. The rest children after my very birth were nothing more than 2.1kg in weight. she learnt a valuable lesson which she told me this very day.
Let you wife read this message and learn from the story if not she would get what she never bargained for and we don't pray for it because it is only her that would be in that labour. I wish u the best of luck, show her love pal. this is the time she needs all the love and attention u can ever give her, let her have the love and undying support now

1 Like

Re: Wife Issues by KarmaMod(f): 3:03am On Jan 26, 2009
Women have weird cravings at VERY odd times. Blame your greedy baby in her womb abi?

Didnt you hear about these things before?
Re: Wife Issues by tpia: 4:52am On Jan 26, 2009
Re: Wife Issues by carnal: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2009
@randa, i think you need a lot of patience to make things work well for your pregnant wife and not the other way round, i did remember when my wife was carrying our first baby pregnancy it was like that everyday of the week,she is no longer ready to drive,you must drive her and not even her driver could stand her excessess,most days of the week i had to drive her myself from home to work and back,the most she gets from her driver then were errands,sometimes am in meetings and she will call me out and alot of other stuffs but at last my baby came out well and sound, i am grateful to her to carrying the first and even delivering the second sound and safety too though the second pregnancy didn't give much wahala,it is the first pregnancy so my guy you need to accomodate alot of stuffs because if you cant somehow it will bounce back to you,so take it easy and be patience
Re: Wife Issues by darqly(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2009
Its a phase pregnant women pass thru that thoroughly amazes and amuses me, I'm not a dad though (Yet anyway, )
My cousin is pregnant, I dropped by to say hi and ran straight into a plea for food. Her husband was reluctant to go out and buy anything cos they had tons of food at home.

Needless to say she practically BEGGED me to run the errand, the thought alone ALWAYS gives me the giggles, and I use it to taunt her every now and then. She also got invited to a birthday party which she singlehandely turned into a Come-Chop affair as they had to attend to her cravings instantly, lol

God is great.
Re: Wife Issues by Thadude(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2009
U signed up for it, wetin dey sweet if e no kill e go worry person, that is wht u re experiencing.
take heart eh!, small time e go stop after d baby come. I hope other guys are learning oh, cos me i don take this one learn in my own little way.
Re: Wife Issues by chyemma: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
randa:

my wife is pregnant with our first child and her attitude has changed, not that it is unexpected but i didnt see it cming the way i did, i get wken up like 1am screaming she wants to eat this and that, one nite i had to g out around 2am to look for suya, yesterday wile driving back hme we stopped up t three times t buy groundnuts ,banana and sme funny stuff, i am trying hard, but i think i may begin t call her bluff, not accedding to her requests all the time

ROFLMAO,
Bros, you neva jam, this is just the begining; me I have to eat my crackers and cereal on the bed before I stand up and go straight to the kitchen for a cup of hot tea and then while going to work I package a full plate of rice in my bag, and when I get to the office I simply forget it because I have bought two wraps of Okpa or moi moi and a bottle of coke, and right infront of my office is one woman that sells fruit she already knows when to bring my cheries and oranges or garden egg and then later in the after noon, I will send send for a plate of my fufu or eba with vegetable or draw and when am done I will remember I have a plate of rice in my bag and then gradually gradually the rice go finish I will start calling for anything, may be gum,chocolate or ice cream, then when I get home in the evening all the house will be smelling grin I will go outside the compound and stay then there I will buy anything that comes around as long as it enters the stomach, but guess what? in the night maybe around 9:00/9:30PM, I will simply vomit everything sad and start another round of food and my husband will simply say oh! my God, am not sure you are going to have another baby after this, your own don too much; and my reaction, its not my fault after all, you put me into this and you must attend to my needs, but right inside of me, I dey vess because I don vomit all the things wey I don chop.
At times pregnancy na disease.
Re: Wife Issues by sparta(f): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
chyemma:

ROFLMAO,
Bros, you neva jam, this is just the begining; me I have to eat my crackers and cereal on the bed before I stand up and go straight to the kitchen for a cup of hot tea and then while going to work I package a full plate of rice in my bag, and when I get to the office I simply forget it because I have bought two wraps of Okpa or moi moi and a bottle of coke, and right infront of my office is one woman that sells fruit she already knows when to bring my cheries and oranges or garden egg and then later in the after noon, I will send send for a plate of my fufu or eba with vegetable or draw and when am done I will remember I have a plate of rice in my bag and then gradually gradually the rice go finish I will start calling for anything, may be gum,chocolate or ice cream, then when I get home in the evening all the house will be smelling grin I will go outside the compound and stay then there I will buy anything that comes around as long as it enters the stomach, but guess what? in the night maybe around 9:00/9:30PM, I will simply vomit everything sad and start another round of food and my husband will simply say oh! my God, am not sure you are going to have another baby after this, your own don too much; and my reaction, its not my fault after all, you put me into this and you must attend to my needs, but right inside of me, I dey vess because I don vomit all the things wey I don chop.
At times pregnancy na disease.

Very funny, after gobbling everything and anythin, u end up throwing up? Madam, you just dey waste food na. I no like am o. grin LOL

(1) (Reply)

Diabetes & High BP Care Package From Green World - Is It Really Working? / Diffrence between A Fake Milk And Original Milk Spark Arguments Among Nigerians / Malaria Resistance Again? Even With Amatem Or Coartem? God Save Us From Malaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.