Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

“I See Blogging Becoming A Big Business” - Dayo Ibitoye - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / “I See Blogging Becoming A Big Business” - Dayo Ibitoye (758 Views)

Assessment Of Two Employees.. - A Big Lesson For All Workers. / NEW BIG BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY FOR NIGERIAN / Looking For A Big Business To Invest In! This Is IT!! (CAREER CHANGING) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I See Blogging Becoming A Big Business” - Dayo Ibitoye by monsfala: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dayo Ibitoye is a Digital Media Consultant, Digital Community Management, Tech guru and Entrepreneurship. He is a co-founder of dayoibitoye.net, an Information Technology driven blog with a special purpose of providing latest information on Science and Technology. The blog has bagged duos awards as the best science and technology blog twice. In this special interview, he talks about his blog and what inspired him to venture into blogging. Excerpts:

Tell me about dayoibitoye.net?
www.dayoibitoye.net is a tech blog that started in 2011. It has bagged two awards at the Nigeria blog awards -- Best science and technology blog award in 2012 and 2013 respectively. It was also nominated for the Nigeria Blog of the year Awards in 2013 alongside popular blogs like Linda Ikeji Blog, SisiYemi Blog and 360 nobs.

What inspired you to go into ICT blogging?
I started blogging out of curiosity. I remember back in 2010, I was freelancing for a US tabloid, UPI International, I would go online to source for stories and get to know what the latest trend is to report on, in that process, I stumbled on blogs like CP Africa, YNaija etc. Blogging then was not very popular, only few blogs then were common, Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija were few of the most popular ones. One day, I just thought to myself that I can start something like this. And this prompted me to open my first blog, which I named ‘impressions of my passion’. All I did then was to post on it my publications then for UPI and The Nation newspaper. I did this up till 2012 when I decided to go fully into ICT blogging since it wasn’t very popular as at then. That was how DayoIbitoye’s blog (DIB) started.

What excites you most about what you do every day as a blogger?
The ability to share stories of innovations, startups and inventions in an interesting way to educate people gives me joy. I feel fulfilled knowing people add to their wealth of knowledge anytime they open my blog to read.

Is blogging your full time job?
No it isn’t, I have a regular 9-5 job in the international development sector. But on the other hand, I would say it is because I partly work as a blogger in my company. So blogging still pays my bills (smiles).

How do you combine blogging with your full time job?
Hmmm, well it has not been easy since I started working full time. The demands of my job have not made me pay full attention to DIB unlike before. Now I have someone that regularly update the blog for me whenever I get very busy but most times I do it myself when I have the chance.

Click here to read http://opportuniti.org/?p=554

(1) (Reply)

Career And Business Resources / Masters Degree Scholarship For Nigerian Students / An Advice To All Young Entrepreneurers Especially Ladies From Linda Ikeji.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.