Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Worshipping In Our Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worshipping In Our Churches (706 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worshipping In Our Churches by Bosunojay: 8:59am On Jan 24, 2009
:When I was young going to church was a very solemn affair. You were not allowed to make any form of noise within the perimeter of the church which was seen as a hallowed ground. I have also been privileged to visit Rome and Jerusalem and no form of unnecessary shouting is allowed. The only time this tradition is breached is when Nigerian Pilgrims arrive at such places of worship. Obviously people from other culture frown at this invasion of the serene atmosphere. What is more puzzling is that denominations such as the Catholic, Anglican and the Methodist in Nigeria have joined in this practice of shouting at God. The following are questions that I am seeking answers to from members: a. Are prayers best answered when you shout, command or compel God?; b. When you are requesting anything from your earthly father or mother do you shout at them.;c. Could it be that God will not understand our requests unless we present such in very rowdy atmosphere?. I am not averse to being labelled as belonging to the old school but I want answers to the questions please and not criticisms. angry
Re: Worshipping In Our Churches by Magz(m): 3:27am On Jan 25, 2009
Did you go to Church on Sunday?
Re: Worshipping In Our Churches by OBVIOUS(m): 3:50am On Jan 25, 2009
hahahahahahahahahaha, funny question.
Re: Worshipping In Our Churches by jamace(m): 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2009
When I was young going to church was a very solemn affair. You were not allowed to make any form of noise within the perimeter of the church which was seen as a hallowed ground. I have also been privileged to visit Rome and Jerusalem and no form of unnecessary shouting is allowed. The only time this tradition is breached is when Nigerian Pilgrims arrive at such places of worship. Obviously people from other culture frown at this invasion of the serene atmosphere. What is more puzzling is that denominations such as the Catholic, Anglican and the Methodist in Nigeria have joined in this practice of shouting at God. The following are questions that I am seeking answers to from members: a. Are prayers best answered when you shout, command or compel God?; b. When you are requesting anything from your earthly father or mother do you shout at them.;c. Could it be that God will not understand our requests unless we present such in very rowdy atmosphere?. I am not averse to being labelled as belonging to the old school but I want answers to the questions please and not criticisms.

My brother, de thing tire me o o. These same people that shout, cast and bind the devil when given money or anything to share with their brethren will steal everything. Is it that they were shouting, casting and binding the devil so that they can have the opportunity to enjoy what the devil has been denying them? I just don't understand angry sad shocked embarassed.
Re: Worshipping In Our Churches by bindex(m): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2009
When there is wide spread poverty what else to you expect?
Re: Worshipping In Our Churches by AKO1(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2009
Well, God doesnt answer because your prayers because you whisper or you shout. He answers for other reasons which I believe you already know or should go and find out from scriptures.

Also, as for a rowdy atmosphere, there are times when you raise your voice in prayer because of the urgency of the request, e.g in an emergency, or because you are passionate a bout what you are asking for. I don't think you should bunch all the loud people into one rowdy category.
Re: Worshipping In Our Churches by kolaoloye(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2009
@topic
There is time for everything under the sun. In your daily activities or relationship with people or friends-
were there no time/ occassions whereby you raised your voice?.This thing is natural.
Bible say that we should ask it also suggests that the prayer should be fervent.
In order words there is time for all kinds of prayer session (cold,warm,hot) it all depends.

(1) (Reply)

What Will Make You Change Your Religious/non-religious Beliefs? / Rccg 4 Biliion Naira Jet, Right Or Wrong? / Gods Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.