Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

True Meaning Of The Cruxifix - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Meaning Of The Cruxifix (404 Views)

Easter Day Significance And True Meaning!!! / The Hidden And True Meaning Of GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE. / Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Meaning Of The Cruxifix by yommyuk: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
We often hear the phrase “the crux of the matter” or “the crux of a situation.” The word crux comes from medieval Latin, and simply means “cross.” Why has the word crux come to be associated with a critical juncture or point in time? Because the cross of Christ is truly the crux of history. Without the cross, history itself cannot be defined or corrected.

Through time and human experience, the historical event of the cross intersects time and space and speaks to the deepest hurts of the human heart.

But we live with more than pain and suffering. We also live with deep hungers within the human heart, such as the hunger for truth, for justice, forgiveness, and peace. As I see it, there is only one place in the world where these hungers converge: It is in the cross of Christ, where perfect peace and perfect justice became united in one death on a Friday afternoon.

The cross defines what love’s entailments are. You see, in Christian terms, love does not stand merely as an emotion or even as an expression to just be reconciled to God. In a relationship with God, love ultimately flowers into worship. All earthly relationships as we know them will someday end. It is in worship alone that wonder and truth unite, prefiguring the consummation of eternal communion. That enrichment from worship feeds all other relationships and helps us to hold sacred all of life’s needed commitments.

Never has it been more obvious that this world needs redemption, and that redemption is costly. The cross—more than ever—in our language and in our longings, is necessary to bridge the divide between God and us and between ourselves. Without the cross, the gulf that separates us all from truth, love, justice, and forgiveness can never be bridged. The depths of mystery and love found in the cross can never be fully plumbed, but it must be the lifelong pursuit of the Christian to marvel at its costliness and to celebrate its meaning.
That is why we celebrate Easter. The cross stands as the defining counter-perspective to everything this world has to offer. As you observe this Holy Week, may you be moved to wonder and worship.

Acts 2:22
“Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Isaiah 43:10
“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor there any after me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: True Meaning Of The Cruxifix by Tallesty1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Abia
Re: True Meaning Of The Cruxifix by cyberuzo(m): 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
GOD Bless u

1 Like

Re: True Meaning Of The Cruxifix by Anas09: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2015
Thank you so much child of God. This really blessed me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible The Ultimate Book Of Life? / You Are Cordially Invited To Pazino ECC Monthly Praise Concert / Modern Day Churches There's God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.