Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) (45054 Views)

Lyrics Challenge:- In Which Song Did Wizkid Used This Lyrics ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by richiemcgold: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
eMJPossibility:
I remember 1993-98 in mainland makoko to be precise

all my family members used this except the female folks

thank God that civilization

.Call me to order
If I'm not making sense
Thank you

but electric clippers were already in vogue in the early 90s nah
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by MadBrain(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
I saw when it was used It was for elderly people. Mine was like comb but they insert razor blade inside for kids..

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ahmed0336:
Saw this yesterday and thought I should share. Good old days!!!!!!!! grin

White men really change everything to make life easier..back then those barber wey among d big men in town.with their small bag on d shoulder n chair...clipper wey dey bite person for head like say na fight na so d man go use hand hold ur forehead like goat wey Dem want slaughter.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Kennyideal(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
Na cutlass i dey use grin
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by taiwotimitt: 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
2015 post on front page....
wetin dey happen
my father used to cut my hair with this.....sweet Dad
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Greystone: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ahmed0336:

Let me respect my 40 years age and keep quiet undecided

Very painful and annoying old clipper back in the day angry

#memories
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
airminem:
Okay. Then i took my kiddo bro to one oga joe shop in zaria, kaduna and my lil bro cries all thru the haircut session. After i asked him why he cried and he told me his ear hurts him when taking the haircut (i guess the tool was pinching his ears like painfully) RIP Oga Joejoe wink
Okay. Same name, different people. I never had any painful experience with the clipper though. The sound of the clipper(like a sewing machine) was enough music for me to sleep off.� Anyway, RIP to the two Oga Joes.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by GoldHorse(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
kolomax:
Chaiiii back then In baba jelili's place naso the man go just dey knock my head like door cry undecided

Our own na Baba Moses! grin grin grin. He usually comes around on his bicycle or we go to his place under the tree. Apart from those knocks, the man will grip your head so hard and be turning it at will as if part of the job was to either crush your head or break your neck... grin grin grin

The reigning style was "bentigor" ...... small hair in front while the rest na "gorimapa" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Wow. Where did you find this? That thing can pain head?!

Every week or 2 my dad used to take me and my brother's to one papas barber shop for our regular skin cut. Those were the days grin
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by yeman1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ahmed0336:

I used it wella....he he he .. around 80s
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
MadBrain:
I saw when it was used
It was for elderly people.
Mine was like comb but they insert razor blade inside for kids..

Not only kids ó..... That was the barbing fashion trend......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
jimyjames:

my mom had the clipper,
maybe she didn't know how to use it well,cause it used to be painful, sometimes they clipper will just hook in my hair , I hated that clipper
grin You must have had a long and curly hair. The trick in cutting long hairs is to start from the top of the hair down to root of the hair. If you want to force your way and start from the root, it will hook.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Legacy001: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
it lasted till 90s
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
eleko1:
sorry! They started using electric clippers in the late 90s in Nigeria.with few barbers have electric clipper.Some pipu that knw how to barb use comb plus razor blade be do the korodo/punk style for u.Punk is very rampant among youths in the 90
That’s not true haba! I was born in the 80s and even as ‘late’ as 1990 my dad was taking me to salons with electric clippers. Electric clippers don dey since naa, especially in urbanized towns and cities.

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
eleko1:
sorry! They started using electric clippers in the late 90s in Nigeria.with few barbers have electric clipper.Some pipu that knw how to barb use comb plus razor blade be do the korodo/punk style for u.Punk is very rampant among youths in the 90

am just getting to know this!
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by baralatie(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
Angelfrost:
Backward tool of brutality... Made getting a hair cut worse than a nightmare. Thank God for the electric clipper, and whoever invented it.

Africans and suffer! Smh!!! undecided
do you know that not all guys like that electric clipper
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by baralatie(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Legacy001:
it lasted till 90s
it is still in use
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by eleko1: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
Grandmeister:

That’s not true haba! I was born in the 80s and even as ‘late’ as 1990 my dad was taking me to salons with electric clippers. Electric clippers don dey since naa, especially in urbanized towns and cities.
Ask Ur father well ok
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Graciousnaija: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
I did used this hair clipper in the late 70s and early 80s.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by airminem(f): 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
MagumForce:

Okay. Same name, different people. I never had any painful experience with the clipper though. The sound of the clipper(like a sewing machine) was enough music for me to sleep off.� Anyway, RIP to the two Oga Joes.
smiley
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by orikoku: 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Good old days.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
eleko1:
Ask Ur father well ok
I don’t need to ask him( he is already resting with his forefathers). I can speak for myself because I had my hair cut regularly in the later 80s to mid 90s with strictly electric clippers.

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Telemundo: 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
This is "bad old days".
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by tlops(m): 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
I used it in d 80s, that or my mum uses scissors to cut my hair. Usually gorimapa (skin cut)
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by eleko1: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
Grandmeister:

I don’t need to ask him( he is already resting with his forefathers). I can speak for myself because I had my hair cut regularly in the later 80s to mid 90s with strictly electric clippers.
can u hear urself now grin? Dem born u in d 80 and u knw dem dey use electric clippers in the 80s
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Jez9(m): 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
vibbb:
Ofcos yea. Manual clipper.
Infact, if u sustain any injury at d process of barbing; ur hair would be use to stop d bleeding by placing some hair at d spot and b4 u knw it, d wound dries up
Very true, I use to cry then me and my Elder bro
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
eleko1:
can u hear urself now grin? Dem born u in d 80 and u knw dem dey use electric clippers in the 80s
Person wey dem born for 1982 no fit know Wetin dey sup in 1988??
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by eleko1: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Grandmeister:

Person wey dem born for 1982 no fit know Wetin dey sup in 1988??
How many Barbers dey use electric clippers those days since u said it is not true/how many pipu dey do barber back then if not one Baba Tolu,pa Emma
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Samiah33(m): 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
this is not good old days, this na the days of pain, remembered those days I dreaded the words " your hair is full it needs barbing" man tears go begin dey commot from my eyes. who ever came up with that "instrument of pain"

2 Likes

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Plut01: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2021

Funny

It is not that old jor. Something I used in 1992 Christmas period that made me hate barber shop till today.

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
See them claiming Good old days, even the ones wey dem born 2002/2003 undecided

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by femi4: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
This wicked thing and sharp knife (abe) for shaping is the beginning of fear anytime I hear "O ya ni barbing salon"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CNN Features Abdulahi Olatoyan: Is He The World's Most Dapper Squeegee Man? / Guy Spends N3million On 3 Versace Handbags, Shows It Off On IG / Miss Philippines Is Miss World 2013!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.