Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (35360 Views)

10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Misogynist2014(m): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2015
dalaman:

Stories of his disciples suffering came hundreds of years later by the church to strengthen the faith of believers at that time. The stories of Jesus were written by Christians who lived at least 40 -100 years after Jesus supposedly died. Non of the authors of the gospels was an eye witness.
You see, history is very easy to twist. If they were not witnesses, why does their account of His resurrection match with ease? How did He fulfill prophecies? To say the Disciples and early christians did not face persecution is a very dry joke that holds no water.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by mustymatic(m): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2015
jmoore:
Jesus is alive!!.

Only fools believe there is no God.
Jesus na god?
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Misogynist2014(m): 11:09am On Apr 05, 2015
johnydon22:

Gotquestions.org is a christian apologetic website, why wouldn't it coincide with what you believe
You have a point, but I don't think the website really matters if they treat the issues raised. Creation.com and answeringislam.org are my best websites because they don't silence the views of the opposition. Answeringislam.org even gives links to those arguments. I have others that I read, like the good link I gave to you yesterday, which mentioned most of the points on wikipaedia (on which I PAINSTAKINGLY read both the 1st and 2nd Timothy arguments). I don't contradict what I write. I remain unshaken in Faith. Come quickly LORD!

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Edifyer: 11:54am On Apr 05, 2015
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by hulega(m): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
jesus is cumming soon, he has been fucking the world for too long.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by hulega(m): 12:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
jesus is coming soon? sure, he has been screwing the world for too long
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by caxim04(m): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You're very ignorant of their religion
sorry bros I am a Muslim and I know what am saying.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by oadaji: 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
Done deal G shipping agency UK is a big fraud. The owners name is Tayo Olaifa. I gave him 15 boxes to ship to Nigeria from the Uk last year may. I am yet to receive my boxes and he does not pick my calls or reply my emails. I need help in catching this criminal
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by NemzySeries(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
Breaking News EASTER may be postponed
REPORTS STATE THAT JUDAS IS REFUSING
TO
BETRAY JESUS THIS YEAR. HE CLAIMS THE
PIECES OF SILVER IS TOO SMALL DUE TO
CURRENT ECONOMIC SITUATIONS. HE IS
DEMANDING 100% INCREMENT ON THE
AMOUNT. NEGOTIATIONS ARE STILL ON-
GOING. THIS MEANS EASTER MAY NOT BE
CELEBRATED THIS YEAR.
YOU ARE KINDLY ADVISED TO FREE YOUR
GOATS & CHICKEN THAT ARE AWAITING
CRUCIFIXION DURING THE EASTER SEASON.
JUDAS AND HIS ENTIRE FAMILY DULY
APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCES
CAUSED. Av a lovely day
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Missmossy(f): 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
I agree and it goes beyond the conviction, its a thing of personal choice anyway.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Inkredible(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ymodulus:
The bible is the greatest book of fairy tales eve

Its not cool to refer to what people hold in high regard as a mere book Ymodulus........ Just cause u don't believe in GOD or ANYTHING doesn't make u cool homie!!!!
Atheism doesn't mean u r actualized and live in the NIHILITY of GOD...... No!!! Its the complete state of CONFUSION IN TRYING TO COME TO TERMS WITH THE EXISTENCE OF THE SUPREME BEING........

Do u think ur analysis are right?? Ur opinions are perfectly unarguable?? The world and all happening around disapproves of God's existence?? Walahi mai gida think again.....
Ask urself what if........... WHAT IF... Nothing more..... Just What if......

I can't change ur believe now...... I believe with time God will Amaze u Ymodulus..... It's me Inkredible...... Ur fwend..

HAPPY EASTER!
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by alexconcept(m): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yes Jesus, the Christ is alive, though its takes only divine grace of God to understand this power of resurrection, because the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness, but unto us which are save it is the power of God. All you can do is to pray for many that are yet to get this understanding that God should reveal himself to them. Api Easter!

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by kay1one(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Trustworthiness:

Who says the bible is holy? Do you know the meaning of the word bible. Bible means collection of books. So, you need to ask yourself if the books collected together were holy and divine before the bible can be address as being only.

Books written, on an account of an event that happen, by individuals can't be referred to as holy. Yes, these books might contain some quotation from an holy book such as Gospel of Jesus christ himself, that does not make it holy.

Divine revelations or Holy books are reveal directly by God to His chosen ones, such as Jesus christ. The individual must be a true prophet and a messenger of God sent to a nation, as in the case of Moses and Jesus sent to the people of Israel with Torah and Injil (The Gospel) respectively.

You haven't proven that the Bible isn't Holy. You haven't discredited anyone of the people who penned it down via the inspiration of the Holy Spirit!
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
Jesus died and was ressurected, why will God waited for 600 years before sending muhammed to say"they crucified him not?thoes that died before the coming of muhammed,who will be blame for believing Jesus died and ressurected? Allah or satan?
Read this thread for proved in the quran Jesus died https://www.nairaland.com/2008614/evidences-death-jesus-quran-prove
I can see they have answered all your questions perfectly in the thread.
If you think in your own mind that jesus was killed by jews that is your own believe.
We muslims knew and believe firmly that Jesus was not killed .Allah raised him up and will surely come back to the world to die as a muslim.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Bifwoli: 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
sarmiie:

this is fvcked up
funny as hell, but also very fvcked up

LoL, black men need Jesus as a reminder to pull up their socks of life.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Requoting verses in the bible is in itself not an evidence.

Do you know the meaning of evidence?
\
I wonder o... Absolute rubbish. Using bible claims to confirm bible validity = ignorance and stupidity of the highest order.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Edifyer: 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
kay1one:

You haven't proven that the Bible isn't Holy. You haven't discredited anyone of the people who penned it down via the inspiration of the Holy Spirit!
indeed holy:
(1) Then went Samson to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in unto her. – Bible : Judges (16) : 1.

(2) And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. – Bible : Genesis (19) : 33 – 36.

(3) And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father’s concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve. – Bible : Genesis (35) : 22.

(4) And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her. – Bible: Genesis (38) : 2.

(5) And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother’s wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother’s wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. – Bible : Genesis (38) : 8 – 9.

(6) When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face. And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me? And he said, I will send thee a kid from the flock. And she said, Wilt thou give me a pledge, till thou send it? And he said, What pledge shall I give thee? And she said, Thy signet, and thy bracelets, and thy staff that is in thine hand. And he gave it her, and came in unto her, and she conceived by him. – Bible : Genesis (38) : 15 – 18.

(7) And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister. And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly. And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee. Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her. – Bible : 2 Samuel (13) : 11 – 14.

(cool So they spread Absalom a tent upon the top of the house; and Absalom went in unto his father’s concubines in the sight of all Israel. – Bible : 2 Samuel (16) : 22.

(9) Thou hast played the LovePeddler also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied. – Bible : Ezekiel (16) : 28.

(10) And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity. – Bible : Ezekiel (23) : 3.

(11) And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians her neighbours, Which were clothed with blue, captains and rulers, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding upon horses. Thus she committed her whoredoms with them, with all them that were the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she doted: with all their idols she defiled herself. Neither left she her whoredoms brought from Egypt: for in her youth they lay with her, and they bruised the breasts of her virginity, and poured their whoredom upon her. – Bible : Ezekiel (23) : 5 – 8.

(12) And when her sister Aholibah saw this, she was more corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her whoredoms more than her sister in her whoredoms. She doted upon the Assyrians her neighbours, captains and rulers clothed most gorgeously, horsemen riding upon horses, all of them desirable young men. Then I saw that she was defiled, that they took both one way, And that she increased her whoredoms: for when she saw men pourtrayed upon the wall, the images of the Chaldeans pourtrayed with vermilion, Girded with girdles upon their loins, exceeding in dyed attire upon their heads, all of them princes to look to, after the manner of the Babylonians of Chaldea, the land of their nativity: And as soon as she saw them with her eyes, she doted upon them, and sent messengers unto them into Chaldea. And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whoredom, and she was polluted with them, and her mind was alienated from them. So she discovered her whoredoms, and discovered her unclothedness: then my mind was alienated from her, like as my mind was alienated from her sister. Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt. For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses. Thus thou calledst to remembrance the lewdness of thy youth, in bruising thy teats by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth. – Bible : Ezekiel (23) : 11 – 21.

(13) My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God. – Bible: Hosea (4) : 12.

(14) I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled. – Bible : Hosea (6) : 10.

(15) Rejoice not, O Israel, for joy, as other people: for thou hast gone a whoring from thy God, thou hast loved a reward upon every cornfloor. – Bible : Hosea (9) : 1.

(16) And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. – Bible : Genesis (9) : 21.

(17) And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets? – Bible : 1 Samuel (19) : 24.

(18) Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself! – Bible : 2 Samuel (6) : 20.

(19) So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt. – Bible : Isaiah (20) : 4.

(20) And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding, Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house, In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night: And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart. (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house: Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.) So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him, I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows. Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee. I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt. I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves. For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey: He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed. With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him. He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; – Bible : Proverbs (7) : 7 – 22.

(21) Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. – Bible : Isaiah (13) : 16.

(22) And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter’s virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. – Bible : Deuteronomy (22) : 17.

(23) While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof. A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts. – Bible : Song of Solomon (1) : 12 – 13.

(24) Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies. – Bible : Song of Solomon (4) : 5.

(25) I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour. – Bible : Song of Solomon (cool : 10.

(26) But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. – Bible : Numbers (31) : 18.

(27) This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes. I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples; – Bible : Song of Solomon (7) : 7 – 8.

(28) And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house. – Bible : 2 Samuel (11) : 4.

(29) Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins. – Bible : Song of Solomon (7) : 3.

As a special treat, this website has pictorial depictions of the Bible’s sexual literature, it’s a bit awkward at first but it really brings to reality the obscene acts that this, so called, “holy scripture” contains.

http://callingchristians.com/2011/12/23/29-sexually-explicit-profane-and-dirty-stories-and-verses-in-the-bible/
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by egobetatoday: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=aminho post=32361818]Even we Muslims believe that Jesus is coming back[/quote

Even we Muslims believe that Jesus is coming back? what is he coming back to do?
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by bablojnr: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
EASTER PROMO!!!!. MTN data share for 1gig @ 1100. Whatsapp 08184732157 or call 08176602847. Offer available for a while to come. or vist this lonk to confirm authenticity. https://www.nairaland.com/2136980/etisalat-data-1gig-1100-naira#32374021.
ETISALAT PROMO DATA ALSO AVAILABLE

Etisalat Data Available
250mb @ #350
500mb @ #700
750mb @ #900
1gb @ #1100
1.5gb @ #1700
2gb @ #2200,
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Edifyer: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=egobetatoday post=32374309][/quote]

He was not dead and he is coming to reiterate Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Because he is the only prophet of God that Christians mistook for son/God or both

and Also he will be the one to kill the Dajjal the false messiah. with God help as he stated in Jonh 5:30
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
gearcoin:

I can see they have answered all your questions perfectly in the thread.
If you think in your own mind that jesus was killed by jews that is your own believe.
We muslims knew and believe firmly that Jesus was not killed .Allah raised him up and will surely come back to the world to die as a muslim.
non of them answer the op. Pay attention to this the quran say the Jew killed the messiah , muhammed Don't know what he was writing here;

Surah 4:157: And their saying:
Surely we have killed the Messiah,
Isa son of Marium, the messenger
of Allah; and they did not kill him
nor did they crucify him, but it
appeared to them so (like Isa) and
most surely those who differ therein
are only in a doubt about it; they
have no knowledge respecting it, but
only follow a conjecture, and they
killed him not for sure. (Shakir)

If you read this account in its entirety
from Surah 4:153 to Surah 4:162, you
will understand who they are that are
saying, “Surely we have killed the
Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the
messenger of Allah.” According to the
Qur’an, it is the Jews saying this. Think!
Would the hostile Jews call Jesus the
“Messiah” when they have rejected him
as the Messiah? It must be remembered
that the Jewish religious leaders even
objected when Pilate wrote a title saying,
“King of the Jews.” (John 19:19-22). It is,
therefore, illogical for the Jews to
boastfully say that “we have killed the
Messiah” when they did not accept Jesus
as the Messiah in the first place. And if
they did recognize him as the Messiah –
as this verse implies – would they have
killed him? Whether they accept Jesus or
not, the Jews will never make such a
statement, sarcastically or otherwise,
regarding the Messiah because the
Messiah is a reverential figure for whom
they waiting for deliverance. No Jews will
boast that they have killed the Messiah.
And the Jews are still devotedly waiting
for the Messiah.
Surah 4:157 is an excellent example of

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
non of them answer the op. Pay attention to this the quran say the Jew killed the messiah , muhammed Don't know what he was writing here;

Surah 4:157: And their saying:
Surely we have killed the Messiah,
Isa son of Marium, the messenger
of Allah; and they did not kill him
nor did they crucify him, but it
appeared to them so (like Isa) and
most surely those who differ therein
are only in a doubt about it; they
have no knowledge respecting it, but
only follow a conjecture, and they
killed him not for sure. (Shakir)

If you read this account in its entirety
from Surah 4:153 to Surah 4:162, you
will understand who they are that are
saying, “Surely we have killed the
Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the
messenger of Allah.” According to the
Qur’an, it is the Jews saying this. Think!
Would the hostile Jews call Jesus the
“Messiah” when they have rejected him
as the Messiah? It must be remembered
that the Jewish religious leaders even
objected when Pilate wrote a title saying,
“King of the Jews.” (John 19:19-22). It is,
therefore, illogical for the Jews to
boastfully say that “we have killed the
Messiah” when they did not accept Jesus
as the Messiah in the first place. And if
they did recognize him as the Messiah –
as this verse implies – would they have
killed him? Whether they accept Jesus or
not, the Jews will never make such a
statement, sarcastically or otherwise,
regarding the Messiah because the
Messiah is a reverential figure for whom
they waiting for deliverance. No Jews will
boast that they have killed the Messiah.
And the Jews are still devotedly waiting
for the Messiah.
Surah 4:157 is an excellent example of
Read the reply in the post very well with open mind and you will know that they have surely treated your f.uCc.c.k up.
Jews surely knew that Jesus is the true mesiah to them but due to hatred toward him they rejected him the exact way igbos people believe GMB is a good person but most of them rejected him because of their personal hatred for him.
For Jews to be bold and boast of killing jesus (of which they do not succeed based on quran evidence), It was a way of mocking Jesus
because they hated him. They thought they killed Jesus and in their eyes that was proof
that he wasn't the Messiah. They
took the "Messiah" seriously, but not
Jesus. They weren't making fun of
the concept of Messiah, but were
making fun of Jesus.
So mr man, if you believe that Jesus die for you that is our own belief and problem.
For we Muslim, Jesus did not die for us we only adore him and believe on him as a true prophet sent to Isrealite to know the oneness of God.
If you like die as a christian that is your choice nobody care. For me, I will like to die like a true muslim. that is my choice and I believe firmly on it.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
gearcoin:

Read the reply in the post very well with open mind and you will know that they have surely treat your Bleep up.
Jews do know that Jesus is the true mesiah to them but due to hatred toward him they rejected him the exact way igbos people believe GMB is a good person but most of them rejected because him because of their personal hatred for him.
For Jews to be bold and boast of killing jesus (of which they do not succeed based on quran evidence), It was a way of mocking Jesus
because they hated him. They thought they killed Jesus and in their eyes that was proof
that he wasn't the Messiah. They
took the "Messiah" seriously, but not
Jesus. They weren't making fun of
the concept of Messiah, but were
making fun of Jesus.
So mr man, if you believe that Jesus die for you that is our own belief and problem.
For we Muslim, Jesus did not die for us we only adore him and believe on him as a true prophet sent to Isrealite to know the oneness of God.
you mean Allah was making fun of the Jews? from Surah 4:153 to Surah 4:162, it was Allah that is talking.

The Jews will never killed the messiah,if they believe Jesus is the messiah they will not killed him, but the quran show that the Jews know Jesus is the messiah. Muhammed is very very confused here, he did not no what he was writing.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Yinbanjonic(m): 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
I need no other argument I need no other plea it is enough that Jesus died and that he died for me.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by davien(m): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
But you don't doubt the existence of Aristotle and Confucius, even when they Lived before Him. Every myth has a similar tone, why is it that Bible dates its own myth? Even when there are opposition to this link, you hold it true because they say what you wish to hear. Even Jewish Rabbis don't deny His existence.
For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to
sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own
desires and will look for teachers who will tell them
whatever their itching ears want to hear.

That's because Aristotle and confucius have well detailed histories and left behind better evidences of their existence...

Even when most of their works(particularly confucius) was destroyed...historians recorded the events.

It's not the situation where accounts predates and oversee the event or person by centuries and contradict each other...

And then again, "jesus" existence wouldn't legitimize the bible....just like the existence of New York doesn't legitimize spider-man.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by davien(m): 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
EreluY:
[size=15pt]@ davien, many thanks for the rebuttal. Lazy indoctrinated Nigerians don't see beyond their nose. The latest scholarship on this subject matter is Richard Carrier's "On the Historicity of Jesus" published last year (2014) by Sheffield Phoenix Press Ltd. A 712 pages long, that has been robustly and positively reviewed in leading biblical studies journals, it is the second book of a two volume set, the first being "Proving History: Bayes’s Theorem and the Quest for the Historical Jesus" (Prometheus Books, 2012). Both works, for many biblical scholars, succeeded in demolishing the historicity of Jesus. Why Nigerians keep believing in trash called religion is beyond me.[/size]

My pleasure...Most Nigerians don't have decent education on matters like religion and it's taught in schools by Christians/Muslims so they basically preach to them over and over again till they hear it so much they literally believe it..
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ayobase(m): 4:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
EreluY:
[size=15pt]@ davien, many thanks for the rebuttal. Lazy indoctrinated Nigerians don't see beyond their nose. The latest scholarship on this subject matter is Richard Carrier's "On the Historicity of Jesus" published last year (2014) by Sheffield Phoenix Press Ltd. A 712 pages long, that has been robustly and positively reviewed in leading biblical studies journals, it is the second book of a two volume set, the first being "Proving History: Bayes’s Theorem and the Quest for the Historical Jesus" (Prometheus Books, 2012). Both works, for many biblical scholars, succeeded in demolishing the historicity of Jesus. Why Nigerians keep believing in trash called religion is beyond me.[/size]

and who told you some of these "supposed" indoctrinated Nigerians don't read wider than u think.

So tell me something, do you feed on and digest everything you have ever read? I mean ingesting the hook, line and the sinker?

we read for different purposes abi?

Religions are as old as cultures. And everything wouldn't be within your understanding. Some issues will surely be beyond you.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
caxim04:
sorry bros I am a Muslim and I know what am saying.
after 600 years, Allah send muhammed to say they crucified him not? All the Jews and christians who believe Jesus was crucified before the coming of muhammed, if they died, who gonna take the blame of their unbelief? Satan or Allah? Infacte Allah waited for soo long to send muhammed to contradicts the bible meaning All those who have been reading the bible before muhammed arrived if they died before muhammed came, they are going to hell? Isn't it strange to you that All the prophet are from isreal with the exception of muhammed?

Surah 29:27: And (as for Abraham), We
bestowed upon him Isaac and (Isaac’s
son) Jacob, and caused prophethood and
revelation to continue among his
offspring.

The prophethood are to come from the lineage of Isaac and Jacob. Muhammed is from the lineage of ishmael and ishmael had no covenant with the true God.with proved from this surah, muhammed is a false prophet.

1 Like

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
EreluY:
Another reason for rejecting God (choosing atheism), is a willing acceptance of satanic deception.

The angel Lucifer (“luminous one”) fell
and became Satan (“adversary”) due to
his desire to supplant God. This was
Lucifer’s single-minded obsession.

He not only rejected God by attempting
to supplant Him, but he urged humans
to do likewise. Satan urged Eve to choose against God for her own self-fulfilment:

He said to the woman, “Did God actually
say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the
garden’?” And the woman said to the
serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the
trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You
shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” But the
serpent said to the woman, “You will not
surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).

LET ANALYSED THIS VERSE;
The tactic is clear: firstly, question God’s
statements, then, contradict God’s statements and, finally, urge rebellion in seeking equality with God.

This manifests in atheists as
1. Questioning whether there is a God to
make statements in the first place, so
God did not say anything.
2. Contradicting the statements said to
have been spoken by God.
3.Seeking equality with God by replacing God with the self.
This satanic deception appeals strongly
to atheists as it bolsters two of their
desired delusions: 1) absolute autonomy —being free to do as they please, and 2) the lack of ultimate accountability—there are no eternal consequences for doing as they please.

May God open your mind to the truth.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by dalaman: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You see, history is very easy to twist. If they were not witnesses, why does their account of His resurrection match with ease? How did He fulfill prophecies? To say the Disciples and early christians did not face persecution is a very dry joke that holds no water.

Match with ease? According to whom? How did John die?
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
you mean Allah was making fun of the Jews? from Surah 4:153 to Surah 4:162, it was Allah that is talking.

The Jews will never killed the messiah,if they believe Jesus is the messiah they will not killed him, but the quran show that the Jews know Jesus is the messiah. Muhammed is very very confused here, he did not no what he was writing.
Is like you have problem in reading line to line.
The power of hatred is that you will never care anything to hurt the person your hated. That is what happen to the Jews. Upon many miracles Jesus did in isreal, they surely knew he is the messiah sent to them so they attempted to kill him which they did not succeed according to quran evidence.

Yes quran admited that Jesus is a messiah sent to isrealite, not me and you.
you must be the one that confused.
Re: 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
gearcoin:

Is like you have problem in reading line to line.
The power of hatred is that you will never care anything to hurt the person your hated. That is what happen to the Jews. Upon many miracles Jesus did in isreal, they surely knew he is the messiah sent to them so they attempted to kill him which they did not succeed according to quran evidence.

Yes quran admited that Jesus is a messiah sent to isrealite, not me and you.
you must be the one that confused.
why are muslims soo rude when ever they are shown the flaws in there book? You said the Jews know that Jesus is the messiah and they conspired to killed him? Go to isreal now, ask any Jews about the messiah, their answer will be " we are still waiting for his coming" why will they conspired to killed the one who they are waiting for?

According to the prophecy, the messiah will deliver the kingdom to the Jews , all the kings in the bible fought war for the Jews and win it, so when Jesus claimed to fulfilled this prophecy, they are hoping he will continue the tradition of fighting war for them;

Acts 1:6-7
6 So when they had come together, they
asked him, “Lord, will you at this time
RESTORED THE KINGDOM TO ISREAL ?” 7 He said
to them, “It is not for you to know times
or seasons that the Father has fixed by
his own authority.

In verse 8 Jesus told them to preach the gospel to the end of the earth, meaning JESUS CAME TO CALLED THE SINNERS TO REPENTENC.
Mark2:17>>>17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but SINNERS.

That why the Jews did not accepts him as their messiah,because he did not fight war as deed the old testament kings like David,ahab,saul solomon and the rest. Now if the Jew know Jesus is the messiah according to the quran, why will they want to killed him? I repeat,muhammed is very very confused here, he did not no what he was writing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charles Omole: Biodun Fatoyinbo May Not Be Convicted, Busola Has No Evidence / Tunde Bakare Donates Church Halls To Lagos, Ogun As Isolation Centres / Apostle Suleman & His Wife Rock Matching Outfit For A Video Shoot(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.