Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,712 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice (682 Views)

Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice / Must See Photos From An Abuja Baby Shower With Three Gorgeous Mummies To Be / Mummies In The House Please HELP!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by nickyblinky(f): 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
I need ur advice,let me start my introducing myself am Becky and am 18yrs old,am d second child of my parents and d only daughter I have two siblings.
My mum is wonderful,she taught me so much in every area of life,she will always check my contacts, SMS,and pictures, if I make call she will always ask who was dat ,she always say Becky I don't want to see u with any boy" yes I know is right" but now am finding it very difficult to make calls in her present or even chatting with friends on my phone. I can't see her my male friends even if they want to know her.
The word dat make me get mad,is if we are discussing about some issue,she will always say so u are 18 now,I can't believe this.
she is too protective and am finding it difficult to tell her some issue. have tried many ways to make her understand am mature to make so decisions of my own but she still believe am still a child.
because of that I don't make friends close to my area.
Mummies in d house in wat way will I make her understand am matured to make decision of my own.
Re: Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by ammyluv2002(f): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mothers will always see their kids as babies no matter how old they are. I think, you should talk to your dad about it or any of your mum's sister maybe they will make her understand how embarrassing it is
Re: Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by nickyblinky(f): 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
my Dad is not around,my mum don't like it when we discussed family issues with other,she is also the only daughter of her parents and the eldest.
Re: Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by dominique(f): 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
But this is what the dads normally does not the mum. Don't worry, five years later what you will be hearing is where is your fiance?
Re: Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by nickyblinky(f): 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
I forget to mention dat my Dad doesn't leave with us,my mum rise us up all my herself though my Dad do cater for our needs.because he is not in d country
Re: Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by thorpido(m): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
^^^Your dad is not in the country and that's more the reason why your mum really should protect you.She wouldn't want your dad to see she can't handle the home front.
I believe you are still a student.Your priorities now should be your studies.You can always make friends with people in school and do all your chatting there.
It won't be long and you will have all the independence you want.For now,just bear with your mum.

*Addendum:not to ridicule you but your english is the reason why your studies is what is important now.
Re: Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by Ewuro4: 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
The woman is scared to death because she's solely responsible for how you turned out even though you're already an adult. Once you're preggy out of wedluck and without tangible degree to show, a child's path is tampered with. Who wants that for their child.? So I don't blame her.

A 20yr old must've convinced me to trust her before giving her a upper hand in all decision making. I siezed all my tween's gadgets since last week for a week for watching a PG13 movie without consulting me first.

So if you want to earn her trust, prove yourself first to her and she'll soft pedal.

Sorry if I sound too hash but I'm only Speaking from mom's standpoint here.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice by nickyblinky(f): 10:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
thanks to u all,am grateful

(1) (Reply)

Prepare A Wonderful Party With Air Horn & Snow Spray For Your Family Members / Please Help! / The Baby Factory Market In Warri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.