Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

An Open Letter To Governor Ibikunle Amosun On MAPOLY Impunity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To Governor Ibikunle Amosun On MAPOLY Impunity (652 Views)

Amosun Signs Bill Upgrading MAPOLY To University / Ogun Set To Convert MAPOLY To A University / Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Governor Ibikunle Amosun On MAPOLY Impunity by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 05, 2015
Here is an open letter to the amiable Governor of Ogun State in person of Senator Ibikunle Amosun. This letter is written to bring to the Governor's attention the seemingly deliberate attempt by management of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic to 'seat on money' belonging to the poor masses who toil to raise money with which they send their wards to school. The school is withholding money of several students of the institution under the guise of 'payment errors on their school portal'. Here are scenarios that justify this assertion:
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic has been operating an online payment portal for some years now. The portal was built in such a way that students can make payments several times for the same merchandize (i.e. acceptance fee, school fee etc). An attempt to pay on the portal often shows error and subsequent trials continuously deduct money from student's account. For at least three sessions now, it has been like that without solution from the management.
It is not unusual to see many students queuing at the so-called accountant office to lodge the same complaints every year. The response from the school management has always been "we acknowledge the receipt of multiple payment from your account and we will return it soon". The soon, in most cases, takes up to a whole one year- that is if it is even refunded!
On November 21st, 2014, I helped a brother of mine to make payment (Acceptance fee) on the school portal with a MasterCard Debit card. The first transaction returned 'error' and that the transaction was unsuccessful. I retried and it became successful. After some time, the bank alert confirmed that double of the amount had been deducted from my account (N51,000 instead of N25,500). I proceeded to the bank (WEMA) to lodge a complaint. Eventually, the bank was able to trace the money to MAPOLY account and I was given my statement of account to support the Bank's stance.
Having confirmed where the money was, I contacted Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (Account Department) the following day and made the complaint. The accountant admitted that the money was with them and assured that it would be refunded as soon as possible. I had contacted the school several times through phone call and by physically appearing before the accountant on the issues all to no avail. I, and several other students, get the same generic response "we will refund it, but we cannot specify the time"! Several students who only rely on the money to pay their school fees were unable to do so. A situation occurred where two sisters gained admission at the same time and deposited their 'school fees' in the same account. The money was deducted twice for one of the sisters leaving the other without money to pay.
Beside the generic response usually given, the accountant was often fond of saying that the student should have used VISA CARD instead of MASTER CARD. He often boasts that if VISA card were used, such an issue wouldn't have occurred. The school management knew this but failed to conspicuously state it on the school portal as warning to students. This act shows that it is a deliberate attempt to withhold people's money.
From November 21st till date, my money and that of several others have not be refunded by the school authorities.

Please Mr. Governor, Save Us from the oppressive 'hands' of MAPOLY!

Obasanya S (From Yewa North, Ogun St

(1) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria English (mine)-correct Yourself! / Our Teachers Can Lie But They Should Be Brief! / JAMB (UTME) And SSCE Tutorial Videos For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.