Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight (977 Views)

Photos From Chelsea Title Win Celebrations - Up Blues! / Rare Pics From Chelsea Dressing Room After Beating West Brom To Clinch EPL Title / Chelsea's Title Triumph And Parade In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2015
[b]Joe Hart sent out a warning to Chelsea as Manchester City prepare a late resurgence to claim the English Premier League title.

Manchester City are nine points behind Chelsea as they prepare for their Monday trip to Crystal Palace. Manchester City face an uphill task to retain the title with eight matches remaining.

Despite Manchester City losing two of their last four matches, Joe Hart has not given up hope of Manchester City winning the English Premier League back-to-back. Hart pointed out City's last surge last season to topple Liverpool and lift the title after the Cityzens won their last five fixtures.

"We will never give up. It's kind of how we do it. We like to do it a different way," Hart said.

"We've not necessarily reached the standard week in, week out that we wanted to, but the beauty of football is that you get another chance – and that starts on Monday.

"We've proved it and the fans have proved it. That is one thing that is part of Manchester City, which we've taken with us from the olden days. We'll never give up while anything is possible."

Hart added: "We'll go for it. We know that the way we won the league the first time [in 2012] set a DNA.

"We have definitely moved on as a team since then. That was a massive achievement, but now we expect it of ourselves.

"We have been disappointed at certain times this season, but there are eight games to go and we'll give it all we've got.

"We've got some massive games - eight big games to reach a level that we need to reach.

"We've not necessarily done that all season, but we feel we are in the right place now.

"We have a lot of rest time and there are no excuses. Everyone is fit and ready to go."

Since Manchester City's English Premier League win under Mancini, it is clear the CityZens fight to the end, no matter the odds. Just as we saw Manchester City turn around a tough group position in the UEFA Champions League group stage to qualify for the knockout phase of the competition this season.

This season looked promising with the signings of Mangala, Fernandinho but the team have not performed as they did last season. However, Manchester City can win the title with a late resurgence.

Chelsea are not looking convincing and there is a chance they can slip up. In their game against Hull City, Chelsea gave away a two goal lead but Remy scored the winner to secure a win. Against Stoke City, Chelsea gave away another lead.

With Diego Costa injured and Fabregas not performing as he did earlier this season, Chelsea can slip.

However, Manchester City needs to improve their performances and win games convincingly if they are to stand a chance for the title.

No one should write the CityZens off with eight games to go and Manchester City having a mathematical chance to win the league.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/chelsea-beware-manchester-city-will-not.html[/b]
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by TI1919(m): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15am On Apr 05, 2015
TI1919:
grin

Funny reply. grin grin grin

Either way, it is not over until it is over. Eight games to go.
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ok...i don hear u
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by pamcode(m): 9:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
well Joe hart can eat his words with mayonaisse now. Respect ur rivals ktbffh
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by coded01: 5:59am On Apr 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Funny reply. grin grin grin

Either way, it is not over until it is over. Eight games to go.

Hope you can now accept Man City Title Chase is now over... grin grin
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:16am On Apr 14, 2015
coded01:

Hope you can now accept Man City Title Chase is now over... grin grin

On the Man Utd vs Man City Match thread, I conceded like GEJ.

I even conceded the second and third position.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by coded01: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You be correct Guy... wink

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by coded01: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
I think the players are not in Unity... lipsrsealed
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
coded01:
I think the players are not in Unity... lipsrsealed

Very true. You will notice it from Nasri's reaction to Pellegrini substituting him.

The players are not working hard for Pellegrini. It seems they want to go. Pellegrini is not the kind of man to fall out with players but this guys are ridiculous and full of themselves.

I hope Pellegrini stays so he can flush them out as Mancini did.
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by coded01: 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Very true. You will notice it from Nasri's reaction to Pellegrini substituting him.

The players are not working hard for Pellegrini. It seems they want to go. Pellegrini is not the kind of man to fall out with players but this guys are ridiculous and full of themselves.

I hope Pellegrini stays so he can flush them out as Mancini did.

I completely agree with you but unfortunately the coach will be blamed for their non-challant attitude... lipsrsealed

Man City want to be like Chelsea that fire coaches anyhow... lipsrsealed

Imagine Man City dey drop points like ... shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
coded01:

I completely agree with you but unfortunately the coach will be blamed for their non-challant attitude... lipsrsealed

Man City want to be like Chelsea that fire coaches anyhow... lipsrsealed

Imagine Man City dey drop points like ... shocked shocked grin grin

I get you. I just hope the top figures at the job do the right thing and give Pellegrini a chance to rebuild the team, especially with more youthful and ambitious players.
Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by coded01: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I get you. I just hope the top figures at the job do the right thing and give Pellegrini a chance to rebuild the team, especially with more youthful and ambitious players.

I hope so oh... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Beware: Manchester City Will Not Give Up The Title Fight by Emaprince: 12:48am On Apr 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

: / Hilarious Pictures Of Machester United, Premier League Champions 2011/2012 / Who's Better Ronaldinho Or Henry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.