Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Learn Programming With Ease Using Visual Basic.net(2010) - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Learn Programming With Ease Using Visual Basic.net(2010) (374 Views)

Write Your Final Year Project With Ease / 2015 NECO:- Make 8-9credits Grade With Ease In The Upcoming 2015/16 Neco Exam / Study In The UK & USA With Ease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn Programming With Ease Using Visual Basic.net(2010) by jofilah(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
1.2 What Is Visual Basic .NET?
Visual Basic .NET is the next generation of Visual Basic, but it is also a significant departure from
previous generations. Experienced Visual Basic 6 developers will feel comfortable with Visual
Basic .NET code and will recognize most of its constructs. However, Microsoft has made some
changes to make Visual Basic .NET a better language and an equal player in the .NET world. These
include such additions as a Classkeyword for defining classesand an Inheritskeyword for object
inheritance, among others. Visual Basic 6 code can't be compiled by the Visual Basic .NET compiler
without significant modification. The good news is that Microsoft has provided a migration tool to
handle the task (mostly, anyway). Code migration is explained in Appendix A. The Visual Basic .NET
language itself is detailed in Chapter 2.
Over the last several months I have spent almost all of my time playing with .NET and writing Visual
Basic .NET programs. As a user of Visual Basic since Version 4, I can tell you that I am pleased with
this new technology and with the changes that have been made to Visual Basic. In my opinion,
Microsoft has done it right.
1.3 An Example Visual Basic .NET Program
The first program to write is the same for all languages: Print the words hello, world
—Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie, The C Programming Language
It has become a tradition for programming books to begin with a hello, worldexample. The idea is that
entering and running a program—any program—may be the biggest hurdle faced by experienced
programmers approaching a new platform or language. Without overcoming this hurdle, nothing else
can follow. This chapter contains three such examples: one that creates a console application, one
that creates a GUI application, and one that creates a browser-based application. Each example
stands alone and can be run as is. The console and GUI applications can both be compiled from the
command line (yes, Visual Basic .NET has a command-line compiler!). The browser-based application
requires a computer running Internet Information Server (IIS).
1.3.1 hello, world
This is the world's favorite programming example, translated to Visual Basic .NET:
Imports System
Public Module Hello
Public Sub Main( )
Console.WriteLine("hello, world"wink
End Sub
End Module
This version of hello, world is a console application --it displays its output in a Windows commandprompt window. To compile this program, enter it using any text editor, such as Windows's Notepad,
save it in a file whose name ends with .vb, such as Hello.vb, and compile it from the Windows
command line with this command:
it might look a little bit difficult but i tell you its just freaky easy. you will be updated and you will soon find out programming is not as difficult as you think. if others can do it, why cant u?

(1) (Reply)

Federal Poly,bauchi Post-utme 2015/2016 Is Still On Sale. Call (08102589161) / Central University College Tema, 2015/2016 Admission Process Is Currently On / Wisconsin International University College 2015/2016 Admission Process Is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.