Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) (1053 Views)

Help - My Wife Wants An Open Marriage / What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. / What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 06, 2015
Open marriage typically refers to a marriage
in which the partners agree that each may
engage in extramarital sexual relationships ,
without this being regarded as infidelity..

This type of Marriage ,The husband can engage in sexual activities with other women and the wife can engage in sexual activities with other men..However,most Open marriages forbid emotional attachment,
illegitimate children, extramarital sex in the marital bed, extramarital sex with those known to both partners, and requiring use of barrier contraception
??

Can Open Marriage be successful in a typical Nigerian setting ?? A friend of mine insists her fiancee Is bent on him and her practising an open marriage ...Advice pls
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by buygala(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2015
of course

Open for me smiley

Locked with padlock and magun for her undecided
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by Dyt(f): 11:14am On Apr 06, 2015
buygala:
of course

Open for me smiley

Locked with padlock and magun for her undecided

Selfish

Our men have always practiced open marriage na
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by buygala(m): 11:23am On Apr 06, 2015
Dyt:

Selfish

Our men have always practiced open marriage na

Selfish ke

Do I look like a fish seller to you? angry

''Our men have always practiced open marriage na''..... abeg, which men you dey talk about?
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by Dyt(f): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2015
buygala:

Selfish ke

Do I look like a fish seller to you? angry

''Our men have always practiced open marriage na''..... abeg, which men you dey talk about?

You are def one of them
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by buygala(m): 11:33am On Apr 06, 2015
Dyt:

You are def one of them

Do I look like some married bloke to you?

Anyway

I haven't eaten this morning... so I can't even think straight.... So I have nothing sensible to say cry

Will edit whatever I said here after I have had breakfast, brunch, lunch, dilunch, dinner, and finally, midnight tea embarassed

So please ignore my present incoherent ramblings embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by bennyrazz: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2015
open marriage cuz of sex? then why is it called marriage in the first place? The system/concept of open marriage cannot work in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by MissAdeife(f): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2015
Definitely No
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by digitalembrace(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Can you enter into an open marriage because of love?

You haven't explained the emboldened bit. What's love gotta do with it?
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Love has absolutely nothing to do with Open marriages. Come to think of it, a lot of nigerians are practising it already without them knowing.
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sophyrocks:
Love has absolutely nothing to do with Open marriages. Come to think of it, a lot of nigerians are practising it already without them knowing.
hm na wao, if i want to get married, u will b my counsillor o.
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by ayusco85(m): 6:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Iamsynord:
Open marriage typically refers to a marriage
in which the partners agree that each may
engage in extramarital sexual relationships ,
without this being regarded as infidelity..

This type of Marriage ,The husband can engage in sexual activities with other women and the wife can engage in sexual activities with other men..However,most Open marriages forbid emotional attachment,
illegitimate children, extramarital sex in the marital bed, extramarital sex with those known to both partners, and requiring use of barrier contraception
??

Can Open Marriage be successful in a typical Nigerian setting ?? A friend of mine insists her fiancee Is bent on him and her practising an open marriage ...Advice pls
Cc lalasticlala

What is this world turning into? Our parents and our grand parents lived happily in their matrimonial home without trying to copy the white mans way of life. Open marriage is Alien to our society, its Devillish...... No one should even give it a second thought. Its not always about sex.

Truly........ This is sign of end time.
Re: Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) by edwife(f): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Open marriage will not work because Nigerians men are not good at sharing only receiving.... smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Strange Births And Long Lives, Seriously Weird Irish Facts / Touching Pic: Mother's Love For Her Child. / Zambian Woman Gives Birth To Brazilian Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.