Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

The Overcomer's Hope In Christ Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Overcomer's Hope In Christ Jesus (465 Views)

The Truth About Christ Jesus {peace Be Unto Him) / How Can We Experience True Freedom In Christ? / Hope In God In Hopeless Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Overcomer's Hope In Christ Jesus by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Overcomer's Hope in Christ Jesus

The hope of an overcomer is that he will one day be with Christ in glory (Colossians 1:27). This hope hinges upon a continual personal relationship that exists between the overcomer and The Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 3:21 (NKJV)
'To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.'

This hope which all believers have is the mystery of Christ which according to Scriptures is the incorporation of Gentiles into God's promise of life and salvation. Gentiles through faith in The Lord Jesus Christ have become heirs together with Israel in inheriting all that God has promised overcomers.

Ephesians 3:4-6 (NIV)
'In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.'

Overcomers are persons who by the grace of God through faith in The Lord Jesus Christ have been saved. They no longer conform themselves to the lifestyle of the people of the world; they deny all ungodliness and the lusts and passions therein.

Romans 12:1-2 (NIV)
'Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.'

Titus 2:11-12
'For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.

Brethren salvation does not start and end with altar call like many in the church of this age are made to believe. Salvation entails our yielding ourselves completely to God and His will; seeking those things that are above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Since we have been raised by Christ we have to live our lives like those who have been made alive in Him.

Colossians 3:1-3
'If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.'

Overcomers are people who have been delivered from the Kingdom of darkness and have been translated into the Kingdom of His dear Son (Colossians 1:13). They understand that the world is a battleground not a playground. Hence through The Holy Spirit's empowerment, righteous living, the Word of God, the blood of Christ, and faith are able to defeat the forces of satan as they war against their souls and destinies.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (NIV)
'For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.'

Ephesians 6:14 (NIV)
'Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place.'

Ephesians 6:16-17 (NIV)
'In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.'

1 John 5:4 (NIV)
'For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.'

Revelation 12:11a (NKJV)
'And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.'

Overcomers endure till the end. The challenges and difficulties they encounter don't affect their love for their Master, Jesus Christ. They know that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us (Romans 8:18).

Romans 8:35-39 (NKJV)
'Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.'

1 Corinthians 15:58
'Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.'

Conclusion
The hope of eternity for all who are in Christ Jesus is the reason He is our hope of glory. His living in overcomers is the assurance of a secured future and eternal life. There will come a day that the corruptible shall put on incorruption; when mortality shall put on immortality (1 Corinthians 15:53). Overcomers shall put on an imperishable body free from decay and death; a body adapted for the new heaven and new earth.

Brethren it is either you are an overcomer or not. It is either you are with Christ or you are against Him. There is no middle road.

1 John 3:4-10
'Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.'

The teaching propagated by some of these preachers that divides the Body of Christ into two groups with two distinct destinies is erroneous. According to Revelation 2:11b, there is only one destiny for all overcomers.

'He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.'

My brothers and sisters there is hope for every overcomer, no matter the circumstances of life. We have to keep walking with Christ and aspire to be like Him in all purity.

1 John 3:2-3 (NIV)
'Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.'

Do you know Jesus Christ? Do you have a relationship with Him? Are you His disciple or a church goer? Can you hear Him when He calls you? Should He come today, will you be in heaven with Him? My brothers and sisters those who hear Him now are those who will hear the trumpet when it sounds. Those who have Him now are those who have the hope of glory. Think about these.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Example Of The Reality Of Life- By Imaam Gaazali- Rahimullah / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.