Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? (1257 Views)

Top Strategies You Should Use For Massive Traffic Generation / Use Artisteer To Design Your Own Website Or Blog Theme No Php Or Css Code. / Using Artisteer To Create Your Own Website Or Blog Theme No Php Or Css Code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by pelij18(m): 6:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hello bosses and masters in the house, i have already commenced my codings since last month but due to constant power failure within my area, i hav'nt been able to meetup my supposed... Lets go

Here is the advice i need from you guys, should i align my site with table or css?, please give me reason why i should use your prefered algorithm, Thanks in advance.

Regards

Godwin Elijah
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by incredible6(m): 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
using table to align is just wrong..dats not its functiom .. using CSS is far better cus u would be able to modify it easier later.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by pelij18(m): 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
incredible6:
using table to align is just wrong..dats not its functiom .. using CSS is far better cus u would be able to modify it easier later.
thanks boss i thought as much..... Thats to say css expands to every screen size but table remain stagnant just as you fix it

more help shall be welcomed
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by thewebcraft(m): 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
pelij18:
Hello bosses and masters in the house, i have already commenced my codings since last month but due to constant power failure within my area, i hav'nt been able to meetup my supposed... Lets go

Here is the advice i need from you guys, should i align my site with table or css?, please give me reason why i should use your prefered algorithm, Thanks in advance.

Regards

Godwin Elijah

Use CSS. The age where site's are being created with tables is gone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by incredible6(m): 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
pelij18:
thanks boss i thought as much..... Thats to say css expands to every screen size but table remain stagnant just as you fix it

more help shall be welcomed

(it depends u noe DAT a fixed layout wouldn't expand ) are u based in Lagos i could work on project 4 u for free.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by pelij18(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
incredible6:

(it depends u noe DAT a fixed layout wouldn't expand ) are u based in Lagos i could work on project 4 u for free.
No... Unfortunately i live in portharcourt.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by incredible6(m): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
pelij18:
No... Unfortunately i live in portharcourt.

ooh
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by donsheddy1(m): 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
You said you've been coding for some weeks. And now you're talking about alignment or have u been busy coding your head tags for weeks? That's by the way.

Tables were the best options some centuries ago but now it is just too outdated.

Your best bet should be css. Comes bundled with so many goodies.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by pelij18(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
donsheddy1:
You said you've been coding for some weeks. And now you're talking about alignment or have u been busy coding your head tags for weeks? That's by the way.

Tables were the best options some centuries ago but now it is just too outdated.

Your best bet should be css. Comes bundled with so many goodies.
thanks for the brief...

Seem like you're a wapkan?
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by onyengbu: 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
donsheddy1:
You said you've been coding for some weeks. And now you're talking about alignment or have u been busy coding your head tags for weeks?
Una no go fit kill me wit laff for nairaland . Chei!
Meanwhile, tables is still needed for presenting tabular data and for html email.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by donsheddy1(m): 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
What is wapkan - let me know cos I know learn from your oga wey dey use wapka.
pelij18:
thanks for the brief...

Seem like you're a wapkan?
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by donsheddy1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
onyengbu:
Una no go fit kill me wit laff for nairaland . Chei!
Meanwhile, tables is still needed for presenting tabular data and for html email.
I thought you have a point. Who still designs a form using tables? I have to lay low until another good frontend developer comments on this thread and not this template dudes.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by pelij18(m): 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
donsheddy1:
I thought you have a point. Who still designs a form using tables? I have to lay low until another good frontend developer comments on this thread and not this template dudes.
Template dudes?
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by donsheddy1(m): 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
pelij18:
Template dudes?
That's what we call those who source for free html templates or cms templates and still have the guts to call themselves web developers.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by onyengbu: 12:46am On Apr 08, 2015
donsheddy1:
i said html email not forms.
That is if you are sending php email that is styled with html tags and maybe css. Table is the best way to contain your elements.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by donsheddy1(m): 8:52am On Apr 08, 2015
onyengbu:
i said html email not forms.
That is if you are sending php email that is styled with html tags and maybe css. Table is the best way to contain your elements.
Chisooooooox - I wanted to coment further but seeing your monicker alone has solved the equation.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by onyengbu: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2015
donsheddy1:
Chisooooooox - I wanted to coment further but seeing your monicker alone has solved the equation.
Ok, fair enough. Hope my monicker doesn't affect the way you judge my submission on the topic at hand.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by donsheddy1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
onyengbu:

Ok, fair enough. Hope my monicker doesn't affect the way you judge my submission on the topic at hand.
It does cos u speak like Onyengbu gbuwara isi. What is html email?
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by onyengbu: 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
donsheddy1:
It does cos u speak like Onyengbu gbuwara isi. What is html email?
Wow! You dont know what html email is and you think that na m na e speak like onye gbuwara isi?!!
The most depressing part is that you didnt even try to Google it first!

The time you guys use in looking for who to attack on nairaland will be better utilized in improving your skills.
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by donsheddy1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
onyengbu:

Wow! You dont know what html email is and you think that na m na e speak like onye gbuwara isi?!!

The time you guys use in looking for who to attack on nairaland will be better utilized in improving your skills.
okay
Re: Table Alignment Or Css Alignment Which Do You Prefer I Should Use? by resultcase(m): 4:26am On Apr 10, 2015
onyengbu:

funny but u r damn right!!

(1) (Reply)

I Can Creat A Website For You / Subject Deleted! / Expert Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.