Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,389 members, 7,812,149 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem (1279 Views)

Photo: Virgin Mary Shadow Appears On Wall In Kaduna Nigeria / Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them / Virgin Mary Spirit Appear On A Wall In A Catholic Church In Edo (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by Tonyet1(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2009
over time i have heard and overheard people talk about the significance of a wall located in Isreal (Jerusalem),

now its been said that whatever request/prayers one makes standing head faced on this great wall must be answered

just last week, my aunty got a slot for pilgrimage trip to the holy land (Isreal) and before she set sail, people who could not make it all came to her with straps of papers with prayer requests of all sorts asking her to please put their need into the cracked wall when prayers go on there

and it got me wondering:

1st, from my MD at the office who had had 6 issues all girls, chose to visit that wall sometime early last year (2008) with a request for not just a male child but twin male kids and poooooohhhh just last week (january, 2009) she was delivered of 2 bouncing baby boys

2nd, it was said that Obama even visited that spot and a tip of his prayer request was to clinch the presidential candidacy of America, and pooooooh just some few months later the whole world marvelled

3rd, A famous pastor in Port Harcourt got a quit-notice to leave a land belonging to a landowner in Port harcourt, it was believed that the pastor took this as a request to God at the wailing wall and on his return the owner offered to sell the plot for him for virutally a give a way price

there are so many instances i have come across with people, and i felt i should drop this to know what we have as an opinion to this mysterious wall in jerusalem ( the wailing or western wall)

click here for more significance
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by AKO1(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2009
I don't think so. undecided
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by Tonyet1(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2009
mr moderator

dont you think u should at least have some reasons?
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by AKO1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2009
Because myself, and nobody else can prove the efficacy of the Wailing wall from scriptures. Unless you want to prove it from some other material, or you are superstitious.
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by Tonyet1(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2009
you can feel free to go through the link i offered here, and its got scriptural backings from ezekiel and other books

read before you post sir!
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by AKO1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2009
Sir, the content on the linked page offers no scriptural backing. Or are they in one of the 'Related wiseGEEK articles' at the bottom of the page?
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2009
Most christians will make a good living as comedians.
Why would a God need you to go somewhere to make prayer requests?
*scoffs and leaves the thread*
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by AKO1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Most christians will make a good living as comedians.
Why would a God need you to go somewhere to make prayer requests?
*scoffs and leaves the thread*

Thank you, even from a common sense POV it sounds awkward.
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by PastorAIO: 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2009
Actually Obama's request was not to clinch the presidency. His piece of paper was taken out after he prayed and revealed to the press. He prayed that God should give him humility. There was nothing on the paper about winning the presidency.

Perhaps this is a good example of how when we want to believe something we easily twist the facts to make it suit what we want to believe.
Re: Is This True About The Wailing Wall In Jerusalem by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2009
no such thing is true. The wall is simply a reminder of the temple for the jews.

(1) (Reply)

Which People Does Jesus Recognise As His Associates? / Tb Joshua Again! Church Hiv Prayer Cure Claims 'cause Three Deaths' / Snap And Upload The Dress You Wore To Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.