Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving (7909 Views)

Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? / John Obi Mikel Arrested For Drunk-driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2009
Premier League - Mikel faces drink-drive charge

Eurosport - Mon, 26 Jan 08:42:00 2009

John Obi Mikel has been charged with suspected drink-driving hours before Chelsea's FA Cup match against Ipswich.

The 21-year-old was stopped by police at 5.30am on Saturday, after being seen driving his Range Rover "erratically" near his club's ground in London's Fulham Road.

Later the same day, Chelsea beat Ipswich 3-1 in the fourth round - although Mikel was not part of the squad.

The Nigerian midfielder has since been charged and will appear in court on April 3.

He faces a year's driving ban or a jail term if the offence is deemed exceptionally serious.

A Chelsea spokesman told The Sun: "We are aware (Mikel) was arrested and charged. We want to establish the facts before we comment."
Sporting Life / Eurosport

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26012009/58/premier-league-mikel-faces-drink-drive-charge.html

Haba, wetin my guy do again?!
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2009
Does it surprise you that he's already drunk-driving?
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2009
Just wondering why he keeps making himself vulnerable. he needs a lower profile or are people just picking on him everywhere?
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Mpele(m): 8:29am On Jan 27, 2009
Send the bloody asshole to jail
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by mykali(m): 9:28am On Jan 27, 2009
mikel's life can never be complete without controversies. But he aint going to jail. He's just gonna pay a very huge fine and all this will be over.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by SamMilla1(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2009
no big deal, almost all of them drinks and drives, mikel should not be exceptional
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by FBS: 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2009
na wa oo, na so una hate this guy reach? 5 thread on just one topic? 
Do we have to mention all the football players that has messed up one time or the other? we all know them, or dont we?
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by bgees(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2009
mikel has a problem with publicity. he can't speak well with the press. he is always giving out silly opinions, and now he drinks and drive. yeye boy. money miss road.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Sauron1: 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2009
bgees:

mikel has a problem with publicity. he can't speak well with the press. he is always giving out silly opinions, and now he drinks and drive. yeye boy. money miss road.

It's not a big offence. . . . . . .He will only go to jail if he's caught 5 times n above commiting the same offence.
He would be fined(heavy) cos he is working(premiership player) and the court believes he should be a role model for youngsters.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by ADUNOKIKI(f): 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2009
they are doing the guy and i also guess the money is intusticating him if not he wont be caught around an awkward time. it is not easy to put on the blues uniform.
adunola afolabi
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by AloyEmeka9: 6:46am On Jan 28, 2009
He's young and is bound to make mistakes. Y'all should give him a break. Some of us here do the same but because we live in Nigeria, we get away with it. He should be more careful though unless he wants to end up like Etim Esin.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by 9ja4eva: 7:24am On Jan 28, 2009
He needs Jail Term to keep him back on track.

Dt boy no be am
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by chidichris(m): 10:26am On Jan 28, 2009
it is stupid that most of here will never comment when ever mikel is on the right lane. is it a big deal to drink and drive. there is practically less than 5% of stars all over the world that does not get involved.
gerald is facing assult case, robinho is facing sexual harrassment, rooney assult and the list continues.
it is obvious that most us here are envious of the guy's achievements. please go and die if you hate the guy because soon i mean very soon, he is joining the premier league's top earners. for you all prophets of doom, you will soon join the gov of yobe state.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by switch47(m): 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2009
@post
This was caused by chelsea bad luck-------------being in a bad luck team brings bad luck---i guess it is the chelsea frustration------send him to jail------6 months is just okay.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by plappville(f): 12:06pm On Jan 29, 2009
THERE IS NOTHING NEW, HE IS NOT GOING TO JAIL BECOS OF DRINK AND DRIVE, HE WILL LOSE DRIVING POINTS AND PAY A FOUND, HIS LICENCE WILL BE DEFINATLY SUSPENDED FOR SOME MONTHS OR YEARS.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by MrCrackles(m): 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2009
He will pay a huge fine and get a ban most likely!

If he gets a very good lawyer~

For example the likes of Mr Freeman ("Mr Loophole"wink, he may get away with a bit of technicality but i doubt it, especially as it is drink driving!

Fabian Delph of Leeds United just got slapped with an 18month ban and over a grand in fines for the same offence same as El;hadj Diouf

So Mikel should expect similar punishment, but he aint going to no jail!
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by MrCrackles(m): 12:12pm On Jan 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's not a big offence. . . . . . .He will only go to jail if he's caught 5 times n above commiting the same offence.
He would be fined(heavy) cos he is working(premiership player) and the court believes he should be a role model for youngsters.

Plus a ban too!
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by switch47(m): 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2009
mikel obi is going to jail. chikena. he must go to jail.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Tatase(f): 9:03am On Jan 30, 2009
Chelsea FC- Turning Nigerian players in England into accused criminals since 1999 (remember Babayaro and the rape situation)!
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by omar22(m): 10:32am On Jan 30, 2009
Have you ever heard of someone going to jail for drink driving!!
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2009
omar22:

Have you ever heard of some going to jail for drink driving!!

It depends on what speed he clocked at that time and also if the juju man/woman wey dey winch am wan follow up the case lol.

And those comparing Mikel with other players in court cases, I would rather think he should be compared with the likes of Messi and Fabregas who have made significant progress in their career without so much noise. My 1 pee!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by ayoola22: 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2009
Either Manchester uniter or winches from Jos are after the man.

Does he understand what he is doing,

http://naijareports..com/2009/01/mikel-obi-attempted-sucide.html

SUCIDE
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by switch47(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2009
mikel obi is going to be jailed for one season!!
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by otukpo(f): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2009
switch47:

mikel obi is going to jail. chikena. he must go to jail.

ol boy, wetin mikel do u?

They just take it easy with him. It is probably youthful exuberance.

But, he should learn to be more careful and humble.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by hollandis(f): 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2009
SCOLARI must have vexed the guy bid time
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by skylooh(m): 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2009
That boy should know that he is a public figure, and all eyes are on him no matter what he does, he has to be carefull.
he will probabely get a fat fine and and lose his drivers license 4 a month or 2
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by kufreabasi(m): 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2009
What was Mikel doing with alcohol in the first place? He should repent of his evil ways,for, if he's abusing alcohol at twenty one, I wonder what he`ll be abusing at 40.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by samparian(m): 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2009
Everyone is making so much fuss about Mikel's case because he's a Nigerian Youth.  The police spokes man said they noticed a Range Rover swerve off its lane in Fulham area and decided to pull over the car. It was when the car pulled over that they knew who the driver was.
Mikel is still a small boy and is highly intoxicated by the amount he makes. I wouldnt blame him.
If any male Nairalander who owns a car says he has never drank and driven, make e talk. I know i did on more occassions than i can remember. Luckily i did not have any accident. Though i aint proud of those days, i was young and had cash to throw around.
Mikel's case is minor. Its a common offence abroad.
We all know when C. Ronaldo .wrecked his Ferrari. He was drunk too. Did any of us crucify him.
My advice to Mikel and his family is that they manage his wealth and fame very well. Or he ends up like most of our past soccer stars.
I'm proud of th bobo
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by phanthom(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2009
If its wrong to drink and drive, why do almost all hotels, motels and bars have parking lots
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by Tumm(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2009
I am nt suprised he is drunk cos he is a chealsea player. Chelsea players n their fans are alwayz drunk. No such stories wit MAN U.
Abeg UP MAN U.
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by omodada1: 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2009
don mind the garage-boy. he has forgotten wen he dey suffer for nija b4 his breaktru. make he dey com home come join eyimba fc abi wetin now? grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Arrested For Drunk Driving by ichommy(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2009
wonders shall never ends grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) / Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates / Christian Obiozor Unveiled As Enyimba Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.