Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

SYBT 2 Kings Album Review - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / SYBT 2 Kings Album Review (538 Views)

J. Cole - 4 Your Eyes Only (album Review) / VIDEO: Olamide & Phyno Talk ‘2 Kings’ Album And More On ‘my Music & I / Olamide + Phyno - 2 Kings [ Album Download ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SYBT 2 Kings Album Review by big2unde: 9:23am On Apr 07, 2015
Arguably the top 2 rappers in Nigeria right now, Olamide and Phyno have finally dropped the joint album titled 2 Kings. The album features collaborations with producers and guest artists such as Wizkid, Lil Kesh, Storm Rex, Pheelz, Major Bangz, B.Banks and Young John. You can download the album HERE

1. Cypher

T: Is there a better way to start an album called 2 Kings by going back and forth? I don’t think so! This is that real hiphop stuff. Shout out to Pheelz and Banks on the production

S: 2 Kings sharing money? Phyno really sonn’d Olamide on this.

T: And you know that how?

S: Because Igbos vote more than Yorubas in Lagos :|

T: They both came correct

2. Koba Koba

T: Once again production knocks. Olamide was subpar on this one

S: Subpar is an understatement. Be like say dem just force am go studio.This didn’t gel at all and this sweet beat is wasting

T: They just wasted the beat for Pheelz and Young John. I’m sure this was one of the songs they recorded last and just wanted to drop the album and get it out of the way

S: And good beats are hard to come by…ask Phenom

T: Double D breasts are hard to come by too. Ask me

3. Nobody’s Fault

S: Killer sample. Production on this tape so far is on point

T: My favourite song

S: Olamide spat in English sha. Its not as unbearable as i thought

T: Could have spat in French and the song would still be fire. The Nina Simone sample is just gold. Pheelz came with everything

S: Phyno again with the murking! Like he be writing his verses after Olamide

T: On some…”Oo you go first”. I agree. Even tho i didn’t understand

4. Ladi feat Lil Kesh

T: They legit dedicated a song to say they don’t eat ass Not for me

S: This na myyyyy jam. Clearly gon be a street hit. Now the question we should ask is…what dressing do you use when you toss salad?

T: Ewww

S: Eww? What dressing is that? Is it Greek?

2 Kings

T: I don’t like the song. They didn’t even let Phyno speak Yoruba well

S: The shit sweet die (no puns)

T: I see what you did there..sadly

5. God Be With Us

S: This one ain’t for me

T: Major Bangz and Phyno have chemistry but somehow it wasn’t evident on this

S: This sounds like a Phyno song featuring Olamide. Its lacking

T: Be like say Etisalat managers dey there when Olamide dey there

S: “you haven’t name dropped us on a song com’on son”

6. Une

T: I don’t know what Phyno was saying but i know this song is fire

S: A song for Nobs. This song comes with a white feather and red cap

T: Eastside! Even tho rappers shouldn’t be rhyming Miley Cyrus and Virus in 2015

S: But technically Miley Cyrus could have a virus

T: Glad her gimmicks didn’t really make it to 2015

S: One white person per year. It was Iggy’s turn

7. Real Niggaz

T: Another radio friendly single

S: Skip

T: Nothing special

S: Didn’t make it to Olamide’ verse

T: He sounded high.. You didn’t miss too much

8. Confam feat Wizkid

Go here >> HEAR NO EVIL

9. Carry Me Go feat Storm Rex

S: Can Penthouse unleash Storm Rex for heaven sake!!! Another murked hook in the bag!

T: Storm Rex has killed every single chorus I’ve heard her on. This year just might be her year

S: This is a pretty decent wedding song. Phyno and Olamide did just about right

T: Not at my wedding sha

10. For My City

T: Olamide’s best lyrical performance on 2 Kings. I cant even sing Pheelz praise enough on this album

S: This track is fire. Production solid. Olamide murked it

T: What about Phyno

S: Phyno well…he (tried to) rhyme “business” with “bruce wilis”..Like he was playing concerntration…”names of words that start with B and end with S”

Verdict >>> http://sybt.tv/2015/04/07/2-kings-olamide-and-phyno-album-review/

(1) (Reply)

Airforce1's Yet-to-be Released Platinum Album / Mavins Remix: CDQ & Olamide - INDOMIE (trap Edit ~ An Altims Remix) / Can Someone Pls Help Me With D Title Of Dis Music? It Was Sang By Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.