Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Android-to-Android: Stream Videos And Music Over WiFi - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Android-to-Android: Stream Videos And Music Over WiFi (1179 Views)

Become A Professional Video Editor And Build Compelling Videos And Advert / How To Transfer Contacts From Android To Computer / How To Recover Photos, Videos And Music From Nexus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Android-to-Android: Stream Videos And Music Over WiFi by agentmike204(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
This Tutorial is a personal discovery.
Some weeks ago, I had a read/write issue with my 8G SD card so I had to dump it for a limited 2G SD card.
Recently, I really needed to watch a particular Chinese movie which my phone's storage had no accommodation for. So, I tasked myself to search for an android to android streaming option. To my amazement, despite my thorough search I couldn't find such.
However, by a stroke of luck I was able to use my wealth of XP with X-plore and Computer-to-android(and vice versa) streaming to undertake the quite easy option.

Basic Requirements..

- Two Android Phones (With WiFi hotspot service)

- Download and Install the following
* X-plore File Manager on both phones
* An Android Browser (e.g. Boat Browser, Opera, Chrome)
*A Music/Video Player (e.g. BS Player, MX Player Pro)

1st Step: Connect over Wi-Fi

-You need to connect the two phones over Wi-Fi first using the Wi-Fi Hotspot service.

Switch on the Wi-Fi Hotspot on phone A (locate your hotspot switch in settings)

Switch on the Wi-Fi on phone B and connect to the hotspot provided by Phone A.

2nd Step: X-Plore Wi-Fi share service

Note: You will need to make phone where the file you want to stream is stored the 'server' and the other phone will be the 'receiver'. In my case, the Chinese movie was stored on my cousin's phone so I had to make it the server.
From now, I will call the serving phone by "Server Phone" and the receiving phone by "Recipient Phone"

- Launch the X-Plore File Manager on the Server Phone

On the first(left) pane, you'll see 'Show' at the end of the list.
Press 'Show' and press Wi-Fi File sharing

Press back to view the main pane again and then Long press Wi-Fi file sharing which must have shown on the list.

Press Wi-Fi sharing options and disable auto Wi-Fi on and off.

Exit the Wi-Fi sharing options to the main pane
Press Wi-Fi and then start.

This will start the Wi-Fi sharing server on the server phone

Copy the IP address shown on the Wi-Fi file sharing tab e.g. 192.168.44.98:1111

3rd Step: Access using Browser and A Media Player

Launch a browser on the Recipient Phone and insert the IP address you copied into the web address box and Enter/Go

This action will show all the files on the memory card of the server phone.

Locate the music or video file you want to stream, press the file and select MX player or BS Player or any other Standard Media Player to play/stream the file.

---------- Sorry, Screenshot is request only-----------

If you've benefited, Please Appreciate.... Thanks

Brought to you by
AgentMike204
(Pioneer member of CheerAndroid)

EmPowered by
#ConnectNaijaNetwork

(1) (Reply)

Get Free MTN 150MB To Browse Unlimited Everyday On Android & Pc / How & Where To Buy/ Sell Usdt in Nigeria And Get Paid Instantly?. Try Bingtellar / Sony Prototype Sends Electricity Through The Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.