Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Startup Entrepreneur - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Startup Entrepreneur (1424 Views)

7 Ways To Fund Your Startup Idea As A Nigerian / Startup Entrepreneur Forum. / 7 Common Mistakes Startup Entrepreneur Makes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Startup Entrepreneur by anasey(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
We Inspire Entrepreneurship. We delight in bringing the best out of Businesses & Individuals by shaping & scaling a culture of purpose,meaning & values.

Kindly follow us on
BBChannel: C001B4330
Twitter: GrandfixC

We hope to see you there.

1 Like

Re: Startup Entrepreneur by anasey(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
On the 24 March at 19:09, I asked a question which was...
Que:What are the major challenges
entrepreneurs face when starting a
small business from scratch?

A follower of Entrepreneurial Quotes on my facebook page said...

Response: Some of the problems that entrepreneurs face is structures to put in place so as to develop that business idea and most critical one is capital for starting up.

I shared more insight to the problems that was listed....

More Insight: Thank you for your response. Let me start with taking out the issue of an Entrepreneur who has to develop his/her Vision and Business Idea. I'll start with this Quote by Thomas Edison, he said “To have a great idea, have a lot of them.”

I agree with you that developing your business idea can be a very difficult task for start-ups. Finding the right business opportunity or creatively developing an idea is certainly not an easy task. As an Entrepreneur, you must possess the ability to see what others can not see. While others see problems, you must see opportunities.

You must realize that there is far more opportunities than there is abilities.
But seeing opportunities is just the
beginning. The main business challenge is going to be your ability to forge that opportunity into a business
idea. I see this as a business challenge
because the process of transforming
problems into business opportunities is
like trying to turn lead into gold.

I can say an entrepreneur creates value out of nothing. There are few processes I'll like to list....

Identifying a problem > Seeing an opportunity in the problem > Coming up with a solution > Forging the opportunity into a business idea> Integrating your solution into a business plan.

It is the duty of an entrepreneur to bring into present what is yet to be. It is also the duty of an entrepreneur to bring solutions to
other people’s problems.

Let me tackle the second part which is the issue of raising capital.

After developing your ideas, the next
challenge an entrepreneur is likely to face when starting a business from scratch is that
of raising capital.

I'll pick the words of J. Ogden Armour, he said “Capital can do nothing without brains to direct it.”

Trying to convince investors about
something that doesn’t exist is definitely a challenge. Trying to make them understand that you are trustworthy and equal to the task is not child’s play especially when you are
building your first business.

Benjamin Franklin said “If you want to know the value of money, go and try to borrow some.”

There is more to raising capital than just simply asking for money. Most investors want to invest in already established businesses with little or no risk and they want to be sure that they get returns for the risk they took.

Most brilliant business ideas never scale
through the venture capital stage
because the entrepreneur is either not
prepared or lacks what it takes to raise
the needed capital.
I'll borrow the words of Robert Kiyosaki:
“The world is filled with brilliant ideas and excellent products but the world lacks seasoned entrepreneurs.” –

To overcome the challenge of raising
capital, you must develop the ability to
sell your idea and vision to potential
investors. When I say “ sell your
ideas“, I mean improving your
communication skill and your manner
of presentation.

In the game of raising capital, you must have a good story to tell; backed by a strong business plan and good persuasion skills. You must know how to pitch your ideas to angel investors and venture capitalists.

There are other ways capitals can be raised. Watch out! I'll be writing an article on that.

1 Like

Re: Startup Entrepreneur by BiznesServices(f): 4:32am On Apr 09, 2015
anasey:
We Inspire Entrepreneurship. We delight in bringing the best out of Businesses & Individuals by shaping & scaling a culture of purpose,meaning & values.
Kindly follow us on
BBChannel: C001B4330
Twitter: GrandfixC
We hope to see you there.
Re: Startup Entrepreneur by vikky01(m): 5:38am On Apr 09, 2015
anasey:
On the 24 March at 19:09, I asked a question which was...
Que:What are the major challenges
entrepreneurs face when starting a
small business from scratch?

A follower of Entrepreneurial Quotes on my facebook page said...

Response: Some of the problems that entrepreneurs face is structures to put in place so as to develop that business idea and most critical one is capital for starting up.

I shared more insight to the problems that was listed....

More Insight: Thank you for your response. Let me start with taking out the issue of an Entrepreneur who has to develop his/her Vision and Business Idea. I'll start with this Quote by Thomas Edison, he said “To have a great idea, have a lot of them.”

I agree with you that developing your business idea can be a very difficult task for start-ups. Finding the right business opportunity or creatively developing an idea is certainly not an easy task. As an Entrepreneur, you must possess the ability to see what others can not see. While others see problems, you must see opportunities.

You must realize that there is far more opportunities than there is abilities.
But seeing opportunities is just the
beginning. The main business challenge is going to be your ability to forge that opportunity into a business
idea. I see this as a business challenge
because the process of transforming
problems into business opportunities is
like trying to turn lead into gold.

I can say an entrepreneur creates value out of nothing. There are few processes I'll like to list....

Identifying a problem > Seeing an opportunity in the problem > Coming up with a solution > Forging the opportunity into a business idea> Integrating your solution into a business plan.

It is the duty of an entrepreneur to bring into present what is yet to be. It is also the duty of an entrepreneur to bring solutions to
other people’s problems.

Let me tackle the second part which is the issue of raising capital.

After developing your ideas, the next
challenge an entrepreneur is likely to face when starting a business from scratch is that
of raising capital.

I'll pick the words of J. Ogden Armour, he said “Capital can do nothing without brains to direct it.”

Trying to convince investors about
something that doesn’t exist is definitely a challenge. Trying to make them understand that you are trustworthy and equal to the task is not child’s play especially when you are
building your first business.

Benjamin Franklin said “If you want to know the value of money, go and try to borrow some.”

There is more to raising capital than just simply asking for money. Most investors want to invest in already established businesses with little or no risk and they want to be sure that they get returns for the risk they took.

Most brilliant business ideas never scale
through the venture capital stage
because the entrepreneur is either not
prepared or lacks what it takes to raise
the needed capital.
I'll borrow the words of Robert Kiyosaki:
“The world is filled with brilliant ideas and excellent products but the world lacks seasoned entrepreneurs.” –

To overcome the challenge of raising
capital, you must develop the ability to
sell your idea and vision to potential
investors. When I say “ sell your
ideas“, I mean improving your
communication skill and your manner
of presentation.

In the game of raising capital, you must have a good story to tell; backed by a strong business plan and good persuasion skills. You must know how to pitch your ideas to angel investors and venture capitalists.

There are other ways capitals can be raised. Watch out! I'll be writing an article on that.
GOOD WRITE-UP
Re: Startup Entrepreneur by 1k001(m): 8:28am On Apr 09, 2015
Lack of capital is quite a hindrance to the average startup entrepreneur. I however posit that in our instance, the bigger problem is poor knowledge and consequent inability to execute. The advantage of not having money is the opportunity it gives to become more creative and learn quickly. When one is able to execute without money, the capital will come eventually and propel one to greater heights. On the other hand if one keeps waiting for money before executing anything, the money will not make a difference if it does come.

Bottom line is us entrepreneurs should stop complaining about capital, we need to get off our bum and start executing in any way possible. When this is done consistently, getting money will be easier and more useful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Startup Entrepreneur by anasey(m): 6:49am On Apr 12, 2015
1k001:
Lack of capital is quite a hindrance to the average startup entrepreneur. I however posit that in our instance, the bigger problem is poor knowledge and consequent inability to execute. The advantage of not having money is the opportunity it gives to become more creative and learn quickly. When one is able to execute without money, the capital will come eventually and propel one to greater heights. On the other hand if one keeps waiting for money before executing anything, the money will not make a difference if it does come.

Bottom line is us entrepreneurs should stop complaining about capital, we need to get off our bum and start executing in any way possible. When this is done consistently, getting money will be easier and more useful.

Good one! It's high time we as startup entrepreneurs seize from shying away from our responsibility. It's true that money is needed for that business BUT ask yourself, what are those things you have in place for that business to kick start?
Have you been able to prepare your mindset and business ideas to be able to deal with the challenges involved with starting up? Do you have a mapped out business plan? I tell you, failure to plan is just the beginning
of planing to fail. Until all this is sorted, raising capitals might be difficult. Feel free to contact me on BBM: 25AB2090. Whatsapp- +2348092903382
Re: Startup Entrepreneur by anasey(m): 11:33am On Apr 18, 2015
Keep your eyes on the path & soon enough you'll be holding the prize!

“I know some people say "Keep your eyes on the prize," but I disagree. When your eyes are stuck on the prize,you're going to keep stumbling & crashing into things. If you really want to get ahead, you've got to keep your eyes focused on the path.”
~ R Simmons

First step:Freeze your vision in your mind.

Then:"Always focus on your effort, instead of the results of that effort."

Spledid day Peeps

Re: Startup Entrepreneur by anasey(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
From Within

“The difference between remarkable Entrepreneur and everyone else has little to do with circumstance and more to do with mindset.”
~ Jeff Goins
Re: Startup Entrepreneur by Nobody: 9:31am On May 19, 2015
Real Estate/Property Website

Are you a real estate consultant or own company then this opportunity is for you to own a professional looking website to deploy and meet your clients need
Do you know you can reach and attract millions of online users to your website

features:

Listing of your.properties

Search engine optimization your site will be found on google etc

Ability for client to search for type of property base on location, and other specifications

Have a free bulk sms account opened for you to reach out for notification purposes to your clients

social network integration e.g facebook etc and the ability to share on several platforms

Google maps to validate the physical address of your properties listed

Customized email account for your company

Ability to add agents to a specific property and lots more........

in need of our portfolio?

email us on : info4baycrystal@gmail.com
bbm: 532FC7C5
Re: Startup Entrepreneur by bisolaadeniyi(f): 4:40pm On May 19, 2015
if your looking for a consulting company to provide business assistance, visit www.mtrc.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Startup Entrepreneur by anasey(m): 6:46am On Jul 07, 2015
bisolaadeniyi:
if your looking for a consulting company to provide business assistance, visit www.mtrc.com.ng

This is a very brilliant initiative! I am also into Digital Marketing, SEO , Mobile(BulkSMS) Marketing Service (www.grandfix.com.ng), Social Media Marketing, Analytic.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does Gtbank Sell US Dollars? / How Investors Lost $100m To MMM Ponzi Scheme / See What Robert Kiyosaki Says Concerning MMM!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.