Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty (7969 Views)

Girl's Hair Grows Mold After She Wears Weave-on For Over 4 Months (pics) / Photo Of A Man Proudly Wearing Weave-on / Crochet Weave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by Jbenue: 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
sinizia:

When you answer my own questions correctly up there, and start practicing what you preach, then I'll answer you. wink

Clothes as far as I can tell came about from a need for shelter from the harsh weather conditions i.e. thick fur in cold climes and loose garbs in hot dry climes. Humans have not fur so in most cases we must covers ourselves from the external weather. Weave wearing for the most part is borne out of a deep sense of my hair looks bad like you have alluded to throughout your comments. And I don't buy that its difficult to maintain crap it takes 15 mins in the morning max and 15 mins at night max. People can spend 30 mins on applying make up and shit but can't do that?

Now answer my question No dodging!

Why do you feel a weave is favorable to a black woman natural hair? cause thats what you have been alluding to so far in this thread.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by Jbenue: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
ireneidiva:

Is that the point? The point is white people wear weaves! They wear afro and we know afro is of african origin. So what more do you want to hear

Show me where you will see 10 white women and 8 of them will wear and afro wig please post it and give me the link. You will never see that non sense because they are proud of their natural God given hair. One thing they are not proud of is their skin for some reason they can spend $$$ on fake tan sun beds and all sorts of nonsense.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
sinizia:

Lame reply. I never expected anything coherent from you anyways. And for your info, I'm a guy but won't let you denigrate the females for no cogent reasons, or for the same reasons men are guilty of.

Bros, it's easy for you to judge. Try and keep your hair like an African woman, but don't relax or apply foreign creams on your hair to make it soft. Then come back here and testify how it's EASY for you to groom and COMB it. undecided

Bravo!
Very well argued. Thank you for sticking up for some of us.
Not every black woman who wears a weave suffers from the almighty general disease called "inferiority complex"

1 Like

Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by Jbenue: 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Bravo!
Very well argued. Thank you for sticking up for some of us.
Not every black woman who wears a weave suffers from the almighty general disease called "inferiority complex"

Why would you say that with a head full of weave, the truth hurts but you are beautiful with your natural hair babe, I can just imagine you now hmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by sinizia: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jbenue:

Clothes as far as I can tell came about from a need for shelter from the harsh weather conditions i.e. thick fur in cold climes and loose garbs in hot dry climes. Humans have not fur so in most cases we must covers ourselves from the external weather. Weave wearing for the most part is borne out of a deep sense of my hair looks bad like you have alluded to throughout your comments. And I don't buy that its difficult to maintain crap it takes 15 mins in the morning max and 15 mins at night max. People can spend 30 mins on applying make up and shit but can't do that?

Now answer my question No dodging!

Why do you feel a weave is favorable to a black woman natural hair? cause thats what you have been alluding to so far in this thread.

@ embolden, who are you to reject what the women feel? Are you their parents or what? And if a lady's hair feels bad and she decides to go for weave, who are you to tell her what to do? Is it not her choice? Doesn't she feel good with it? That you don't buy the crap, doesn't make your opinion the law. That's for you. You ain't a woman. And you can't tell another woman what to do with her hair.

Secondly, I never said weave are favorable to a Black woman's hair. Can you point it out because I hate lies. The reasons I gave for Black women wearing weaves and their natural hair is what other people echoed and I'll quote my post and that of others and pray that you don't twist my words as usual.

sassy.chic:
This topic is baseless.
There is nothing I hate hearing more than 'Weaves symbolise inferiority complex' undecided
It doesn't.
I'm personally not a huge fan of weaves, as I love my hair, but there are times when taking care of your hair everyday becomes stressful both to you and your hair.
Its not about wanting to look like others (what?!) It's about doing what you want and what you feel like doing without listening to critics like you.
If I feel like I'll rock my natural hair and if I don't, you can't force you opinion on me tongue

I'm just trying to correct the mentality that weaves are wrong.
ire.neony:
cool!
but natural hair is hard n expensive to maintain

si.nizia:

Bros, it's easy for you to judge. Try and keep your hair like an African woman, but don't relax or apply foreign creams on your hair to make it soft. Then come back here and testify how it's EASY for you to groom and COMB it. undecided

Unfortunately, you don't buy the reasons we gave, neither do I buy your reasons too. Let's leave it at that.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by sinizia: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jbenue, you gave your reasons why humans put on artificial clothes on their natural body, but refuse to buy the reasons why women put on artificial hair on their natural hair. Nice judgment right there.

Grow your hair like a woman for 8 years on just shear butter and come back here to give testimony how EASY it was. undecided
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by ireneidiva(f): 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jbenue:

Show me where you will see 10 white women and 8 of them will wear and afro wig please post it and give me the link. You will never see that non sense because they are proud of their natural God given hair. One thing they are not proud of is their skin for some reason they can spend $$$ on fake tan sun beds and all sorts of nonsense.
Now you are leaving the main topic you raised. And what makes you think they tan because the are not proud of their skin. That's just your problem. You don't understand that people do things out of choice and not because of shame. Plus fyi, when most nigerians gather, some are actually on their natural hair and not just weaves. Smh
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by Jbenue: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
sinizia:

@ embolden, who are you to reject what the women feel? Are you their parents or what? And if a lady's hair feels bad and she decides to go for weave, who are you to tell her what to do? Is it not her choice? Doesn't she feel good with it? That you don't buy the crap, doesn't make your opinion the law. That's for you. You ain't a woman. And you can't tell another woman what to do with her hair.
sinizia post=32488881:

Secondly, I never said weave are favorable to a Black woman's hair. Can you point it out because I hate lies. The reasons I gave for Black women wearing weaves and their natural hair is what other people echoed and I'll quote my post and that of others and pray that you don't twist my words as usual.
Unfortunately, you don't buy the reasons we gave, neither do I buy your reasons too. Let's leave it at that.

Who am I? I am a person with a Opinion, just like you, People go about bleaching their skin to make themselves feel better, is it wrong for me to speak against that as well. You are getting very agitated I never said my word was Law. Point remains to go an shun your own Natural hair for something that is of Another race is ludicrous, no matter how you package it. In homes all over Nigeria Mothers are reinforcing a message to their children that weave is better than their own hair.

And I think you did allude to weave being more favorable I quote "You can't choose the Western acts that favours you, and condemn the acts that favours the women."

Stand by your word sir don't run away from them
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by Jbenue: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
sinizia:
Jbenue, you gave your reasons why humans put on artificial clothes on their natural body, but refuse to buy the reasons why women put on artificial hair on their natural hair. Nice judgment right there.

Grow your hair like a woman for 8 years on just shear butter and come back here to give testimony how EASY it was. undecided

What Reason Do they have OK Its Easier! can be conceded but thats not the main reason when I talk to black girls 99% their first reaction is it looks better then I point out how s.tupid and idiotic that sounds and they change to its easier to manage. FACT

Go out and try it and see for yourself and watch how they treat girls that have natural hair. It didnt used to bother me that they wore weave before, honestly I found it a turn-off but it didn't bother me until I saw how girls who had their natural hair were being treated by guys and girls. Then in African shops hear in Europe I paid more Attention to what Mothers wear telling their children as young as 5.

One black woman came in as I was getting my hair cut with 2 mixed children one was a girls and she came to get her and her daughters no more than 5 weave fixed because she wanted her to look more beautiful, thats her words. The Husband came in he was white and the look of disgust on his face was plain, the thing on the womans head was faker than monopoly money and was so shinny. Disgusting and the Husband was like I dont want my daughter to be walking around town with something that looks that fake, he almost refused to pay for it.
I was just their shaking my head and saying BLACK PEOPLE.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by sinizia: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jbenue:

What Reason Do they have OK Its Easier! can be conceded but thats not the main reason when I talk to black girls 99% their first reaction is it looks better then I point out how s.tupid and idiotic that sounds and they change to its easier to manage. FACT

Go out and try it and see for yourself and watch how they treat girls that have natural hair. It didnt used to bother me that they wore weave before, honestly I found it a turn-off but it didn't bother me until I saw how girls who had their natural hair were being treated by guys and girls. Then in African shops hear in Europe I paid more Attention to what Mothers wear telling their children as young as 5.

One black woman came in as I was getting my hair cut with 2 mixed children one was a girls and she came to get her and her daughters no more than 5 weave fixed because she wanted her to look more beautiful, thats her words. The Husband came in he was white and the look of disgust on his face was plain, the thing on the womans head was faker than monopoly money and was so shinny. Disgusting and the Husband was like I dont want my daughter to be walking around town with something that looks that fake, he almost refused to pay for it.
I was just their shaking my head and saying BLACK PEOPLE.

I think I get your point now. The craze for it and looking down on their natural hair is what makes you angry. Yeah, I feel it's bad. That woman has succeeded in making those children hate their natural hair for life. That's bad. That act is reprehensible. I don't support it. Children of that age should be allowed to enjoy their natural hair and love it too.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by sinizia: 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jbenue:

Who am I? I am a person with a Opinion, just like you, People go about bleaching their skin to make themselves feel better, is it wrong for me to speak against that as well. You are getting very agitated I never said my word was Law. Point remains to go an shun your own Natural hair for something that is of Another race is ludicrous, no matter how you package it. In homes all over Nigeria Mothers are reinforcing a message to their children that weave is better than their own hair.

And I think you did allude to weave being more favorable I quote "You can't choose the Western acts that favours you, and condemn the acts that favours the women."

Stand by your word sir don't run away from them

Those embolden words doesn't mean weave favours Black women more than their natural hair. You are the one interpreting it wrongly.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by Jbenue: 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
sinizia:

I think I get your point now. The craze for it and looking down on their natural hair is what makes you angry. Yeah, I feel it's bad. That woman has succeeded in making those children hate their natural hair for life. That's bad. That act is reprehensible. I don't support it. Children of that age should be allowed to enjoy their natural hair and love it too.

Thank you...this is not about me dumping on black women but I just want to get this non-sense out of our collective mentality that our hair is not good enough. Like anything trending it should start with Nollywood, Magazines Fashion shows and Beauty pageants. I want to see more actresses rocking their natural shi.t, I want to see a Miss Nigeria with braid, twist or any other indigenous hairstyle we have in this country.

Sorry if I insulted you in the course of this discourse, it is just something that annoys me wholeheartedly, if the balance could be shifted to 60% natuaral hair and 40% weave you would not hear pimm from me but now its 90 % weave all the time for those that can afford it.

Spread the Good news grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by sinizia: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jbenue:

Thank you...this is not about me dumping on black women but I just want to get this non-sense out of our collective mentality that our hair is not good enough. Like anything trending it should start with Nollywood, Magazines Fashion shows and Beauty pageants. I want to see more actresses rocking their natural shi.t, I want to see a Miss Nigeria with braid, twist or any other indigenous hairstyle we have in this country.

Sorry if I insulted you in the course of this discourse, it is just something that annoys me wholeheartedly, if the balance could be shifted to 60% natuaral hair and 40% weave you would not hear pimm from me but now its 90 % weave all the time for those that can afford it.

Spread the Good news grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No offense taken at all. I didn't get where you grouse emanated from, but on getting the passage you're trying to pass across, I supported your cause because the trend being set is bad especially towards the future generation of the Black women.
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by misspatsy(f): 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
My hair is becomes dry 2 months after I relax it so I will only b sentencing myself 2 death by hair combing if I go natural.I don't have time to comb and style everyday of my life.OP leave we women to our problem,its our headache so I don't think we need the advice or are you the stingy type?
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by Jbenue: 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
misspatsy:
My hair is becomes dry 2 months after I relax it so I will only b sentencing myself 2 death by hair combing if I go natural.I don't have time to comb and style everyday of my life.OP leave we women to our problem,its our headache so I don't think we need the advice or are you the stingy type?

Why Relax it in the first place

Stingy How??
Re: Weave Is The Death Of African Beauty by misspatsy(f): 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jbenue:

Why Relax it in the first place

Stingy How??
I shaved ma hair completely when I was younger but as it grow,I left it natural only 2 discover dat my hair is naturally hard everytin I tried 2 soften it only ended up as a waste of time so I had to relax it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Wax Or Ankara? / Download Video: How To Tie Party Guest Gele Tutorial / Why Do Ladies Like Taking Pictures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.