Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Can Dead People See Us - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Dead People See Us (1047 Views)

Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name / Kenyan Church Members In A Mortuary To 'Resurrect Dead People' (photo) / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Dead People See Us by lelamela: 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
What do you believe happens after death and do you believe our dead relatives can see us still in the afterlife? i wonder what people in general think
Re: Can Dead People See Us by uboma(m): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
The answer to your question is NO, the dead can't see...

1 Like

Re: Can Dead People See Us by lelamela: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
uboma:
The answer to your question is NO, the dead can't see...

How comes most people believe that dead people exist as "souls" somehwere else then? some buddhists even beieve reincarnation
Re: Can Dead People See Us by uboma(m): 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
lelamela:

How comes most people believe that dead people exist as "souls" somehwere else then? some buddhists even beieve reincarnation

Such people who believe that the dead can still see us are very far from reality. Death is the opposite to being alive. So how can a dead man/woman still see?

Personally I don't entertain such thoughts because it isn't true.

2 Likes

Re: Can Dead People See Us by witnezHD(m): 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
the question to your answer is, we don't know #I Am Witnez
Re: Can Dead People See Us by lelamela: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
uboma:

Such people who believe that the dead can still see us are very far from reality. Death is the opposite to being alive. So how can a dead man/woman still see?

Personally I don't entertain such thoughts because it isn't true.

Are you christian or atheist? what is the common belief in your family?
Re: Can Dead People See Us by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Op,I'm about sharing my point of view or should I say,I just wanna say what I like but you pick what you like from it because ima proud atheist.
Man is mortal and possess characteristic(s) of mortality and only character of the dead is being nonexistent.
Poser:- Man is as animal as other mammals and primates but man happens to be advanced mammal because of our sense of reasoning,cognition and intelligence,however,man's anatomy and internal mechanism is almost as same as other mammals and that's the reason they also bleed red blood as advance man do,now, logically,when these other mammals die and decay,do you think they phantom the life after death man phantom? "NO",because,as a life,death is expected of life likewise procreation in order to give chance for the next generation to spring up and continue the existence of man if not man would also go extinct as some already extincted mammals.
The reasons for your curiosity are as follows.
1) Man is intelligent and seeks to know the purpose of our existence.
2) Your sense of sensing danger is effective to wanna predict your own death.
3) RELIGION....being fed with religion crap about making heaven,there are about 5000 and more religion on earth but don't worry yours is the best.
4) RELIGION again...it got you believing in the immortal which is untrue now picture this and think aloud,Jesus died for the world BUT in a small city of the roman empire and nobody outside the empire knew him if not for the brainwashing storybook oppss I meant bible.
5) Religion is the reason you came on here to post that question.
My last words to you is....learn yourself out of the mis-education of the primitive era to the education of this enlightenment era,The tool to the primitive one is the bible and only tool required for the current one is your brain.

1 Like

Re: Can Dead People See Us by davien(m): 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Does a dead cow still eat grass?

2 Likes

Re: Can Dead People See Us by uboma(m): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
lelamela:

Are you christian or atheist? what is the common belief in your family?

I am neither (and I'm sure that none of the faiths you listed above teaches that *a dead person can still see...*). Leave my family out of this. Earlier I emphasized that its my opinion.
Re: Can Dead People See Us by lelamela: 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
uboma:

I am neither (and I'm sure that none of the faiths you listed above teaches that *a dead person can still see...*). Leave my family out of this. Earlier I emphasized that its my opinion.

Well ,i am a muslim,And islam teaches about "barzakh" ....its a place after death where the soul goes,and so according to some sahih hadiths the dead people can see us,and also visit us in dreams

anyway,just wanted to hear peoples opinions ..thanks for sharing yours
Re: Can Dead People See Us by davien(m): 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
lelamela:

Well ,i am a muslim,And islam teaches about "barzakh" ....its a place after death where the soul goes,and so according to some sahih hadiths the dead people can see us,and also visit us in dreams

anyway,just wanted to hear peoples opinions ..thanks for sharing yours
In summary "islam says it, therefore it's true"...
Re: Can Dead People See Us by johnydon22(m): 12:50am On Apr 09, 2015
uboma:

actually sir atheism is not a faith system... meanwhile are you agnostic?

(1) (Reply)

Join "Child Care" Whatsapp Group For Free Health Tips On Child Care. / PHOTOS: Beautiful Wives Of Popular Nigerian Pastors / Does This Evidence Show We Are In The Last Days (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.