Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,550 members, 7,827,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" (1674 Views)

Delay Of Payment And Posting Of Lagos Npower Volunteer Corps Members / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by viviannkemdilim(f): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Have your slaray ever been delayed by one-two weeks for no just cause?How did you sort it out.
Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
viviannkemdilim:
Have your slaray ever been delayed by one-two weeks for no just cause?How did you sort it out.

Benefits of having PDP government in power for 16years.
Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by Godmother(f): 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
Keneking:

Benefits of having PDP government in power for 16years.

Seriously!!!

At OP,

If your salary is delayed, you will start to panick if you are the type that lives from paycheck to paycheck. No matter how things are, you should cultivate the habit of spending below what you earn. I had to learn this the hard way when I faced a situation like this a few years back. Salary was delayed and I almost died. That incidence taught me to develope a serious saving habit.

So whenever a salary got delayed again I would fall back on this savings a little and replace it when the salary got paid.

1 Like

Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by obiaguna(m): 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Godmother:

Seriously!!!
At OP,
If your salary is delayed, you will start to panick if you are the type that lives from paycheck to paycheck. No matter how things are, you should cultivate the habit of spending below what you earn. I had to learn this the hard way when I faced a situation like this a few years back. Salary was delayed and I almost died. That incidence taught me to develope a serious saving habit.
So whenever a salary got delayed again I would fall back on this savings a little and replace it when the salary got paid.
Godmother:

Seriously!!!
At OP,

Excellent advise. If you have been saving, this salary delay of a thing won't bother you much. But once the delay starts re-occurring every month then there is a problem.
Maybe u could borrow from friends and pay back when you are paid.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
viviannkemdilim:

There's a parable that says bfo rain fall cloud go dark.
It literally means u should start looking for a new job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by swaggzo(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 09, 2015
viviannkemdilim:

One or two weeks...and you're panicking..urs still dey learn where 3 or 4 months dey...
Una dey enjoy Ooº°˚˚°o ...BTW...tis a matter of loyalty wt the coy...tis might be an internal issues or business downfall...you knw ur coy more than us...so find d best way to sort out it...but if persist...then look out for a better coy...dats a green light
Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by Tekzyflex(m): 2:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Salary delay is a normal thing in Rivers state. Civil servants always get their pay after 2 weeks of the next month or sometimes 3 weeks.
Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by viviannkemdilim(f): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2015
salary delay in private firm... My first month with dm, i was paid after 4days. My second month was paid after two weeks without any explntion. so do others. Well am not disturbed anyway cux my parents are still working and my feeding comes from them. but what i do not understand is their main reason for delay
Re: Salary Delay! Which Way Out!!" by snowserve(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
viviannkemdilim:
salary delay in private firm... My first month with dm, i was paid after 4days. My second month was paid after two weeks without any explntion. so do others. Well am not disturbed anyway cux my parents are still working and my feeding comes from them. but what i do not understand is their main reason for delay

Well, while i think you should count yourself lucky i will also advise you prepare for eventualities like this especially when you leave your parents' abode so you're not caught unawares.

Many companies that don't fall under the! "bluechip category" are feeling the impact of the dwindling fortunes of the naira, it's just advisable everyone stay on their toes and possibly create alternative sources of income. For your firm, since you are not the only employee affected, i think your ogas should be able to explain the delay.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Vacancies At International Facilities Services Limited / Emfrica Again / Massive Job Employment At Uber Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.