Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

My Million Dollar Start Up - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Million Dollar Start Up (2115 Views)

Could You Start Up An Online Business? / Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering / Help And Let Make Millions Together With My Million Dollar Biz Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is my 500th post on Nairaland and I decided to make it worthwhile. I'm and Entrepreneur based in Lagos and I'm an online business enthusiast. Over the years I've watched online businesses like Jobberman, IrokoTV and the likes start out of nothing and become a million dollar business in a couple of years.

Besides the monetary aspect, I am also passionate about bringing solution to common problems thereby enhancing everyone's lives. This to me is true wealth as compared to the million dollar business valuation. If you are reading this post right now, then you're not a stranger to Nairaland. We all know the value this great forum brings to our lives and as a matter of fact, certain users have gotten addicted to it. That to me is value and this is why the Nairaland was once evaluated to be worth approximately $1,000,0000 USD at that time.

Such achievement to me isn't much of a big deal because I also had a website at that period that was worth about $40,000 USD (8 Million Naira) and it was only a couple of months old. How did I achieve that in such a short period of time you may ask. Oh well, that would be a topic for another day.

I would normally post this in the diary section so as not to get distracted with comments by critics and pessimists but I decided to make it an open discussion. Perhaps I can also learn something from someone with lots of experience.

Valuable comments and contributions and questions are welcome.

1 Like

Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 09, 2015
The goal of this thread is to dare anyone who deems fit to think outside the box. Be a little more creative. With a stroke of luck you might achieve way beyond your dreams.

The subject of this thread might sound outrageous. Knowing the kind of person I am presently, you might say it's totally impossible, but guess what. I'm not the only person who shares the same passion to succeed. A friend of mine who saw this thread last night commended me for being so ambitious. Oh well! to me, It's beyond ambition. I want to see it manifest and this will surely happen in time.

It's about time we experience a paradigm shift from an oil based economy. Thankfully, crude oil no longer attracts much value in the international market.

Automobile manufacturers like Tesla are already leading the pack in electricity powered vehicles (E.P.V). It's about time we all start thinking outside the box. This is aa worthy course I truly believe is worth living for.
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Mickeyj: 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Love your post but can't really get what you want actually. Is it a business idea that is worthwhile or what
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mickeyj:
Love your post but can't really get what you want actually. Is it a business idea that is worthwhile or what
This thread isn't about wanting anything. This is a discussion on how my dreams can become effective giving the pro's and con's of online business in Nigeria.
Do you have any experience? Kindly share if you do.
Valuable contributions are welcome.
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 30, 2015
I took a giant step two days ago.
#PersistencePays
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by twentyk(m): 8:34am On Apr 30, 2015
Brandnew2:
I took a giant step two days ago.
#PersistencePays
I don't know what you talking about or driving at bro but am interested..... kindly share anything worthwhile here....

1 Like

Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2015
twentyk:

I don't know what you talking about or driving at bro but am interested.....
kindly share anything worthwhile here....
I may not share my entire business secrets here but I will drop hints and also share successes I've made along the line.
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by emmykk(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Brandnew2:

I may not share my entire business secrets here but I will drop hints and also share successes I've made along the line.
you can't make billions alone there mist be team and mentors
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
emmykk:
you can't make billions alone there mist be team and mentors
Sure but no one will start with you from the scratch.

As for the mentor. Yes I have a couple.

1 Like

Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by itriumph(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
Brandnew2:
The goal of this thread is to dare anyone who deems fit to think outside the box. Be a little more creative. With a stroke of luck you might achieve way beyond your dreams.
The subject of this thread might sound outrageous. Knowing the kind of person I am presently, you might say it's totally impossible, but guess what. I'm not the only person who shares the same passion to succeed. A friend of mine who saw this thread last night commended me for being so ambitious. Oh well! to me, It's beyond ambition. I want to see it manifest and this will surely happen in time.
It's about time we experience a paradigm shift from an oil based economy. Thankfully, crude oil no longer attracts much value in the international market.
Automobile manufacturers like Tesla are already leading the pack in electricity powered vehicles (E.P.V). It's about time we all start thinking outside the box. This is aa worthy course I truly believe is worth living for.
Brandnew2:
Brandnew2:

To me nothing is impossible but please,what exactly are you driving at,cause you are just hitting at the surface
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by lifestyle1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
itriumph:

To me nothing is impossible but please,what exactly are you driving at,cause you are just hitting at the surface
Just sharing my experience too spark up people's interest.
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by emmykk(m): 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
Brandnew2:

Sure but no one will start with you from the scratch.

As for the mentor. Yes I have a couple.
you said you dont want to discuss your ideas here because some 1 will copy them.

Except you want to re-invent the wheel otherwise there is nothing you are thinking that has not be done.

Beside whether business or internet you succeed when you do it different that others.

Nobody can steal your idea because your passion may be hotter than the person trying to do it.

There is this idea,nairaland is already successful,so if you try nairaland of ghana or scotland.
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by pneumaticos(m): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Some body help here,is op trolling nl or what,

Ok hes got a million dollar idea,

Industry.....we don't know

Is it a social app or production software

Social media...there are gazzillions already

May be an online store......

Yes op wants to start selling efo and ugu online .a perfect idea to me
Your only competitors are market women and backyards

How does he intend funding it....

Did he save to fund it

Whats the important part of this idea....
Op kept us in the dark
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
emmykk:
you said you dont want to discuss your ideas here because some 1 will copy them.

Except you want to re-invent the wheel otherwise there is nothing you are thinking that has not be done.

Beside whether business or internet you succeed when you do it different that others.

Nobody can steal your idea because your passion may be hotter than the person trying to do it.

There is this idea,nairaland is already successful,so if you try nairaland of ghana or scotland.
i never talked about someone stealing my idea.
i only said i can't openly discuss my business secrets.
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by emmykk(m): 4:54am On May 01, 2015
Brandnew2:

i never talked about someone stealing my idea.
i only said i can't openly discuss my business secrets.
that is the same thing...fear that your idea will be copyed.

But i repeat it is only you that burn well with ur ideas
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 8:24am On May 01, 2015
emmykk:
that is the same thing...fear that your idea will be copyed.

But i repeat it is only you that burn well with ur ideas

Take for instance two beverage companies like coke and pepsi.
They both produce refreshment.

Same idea.

But they have different business secrets.

That's what I'm talking about.

At least you don't see them sharing it publicly until it's executed.

Got it now?
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by emmykk(m): 11:01am On May 01, 2015
Brandnew2:

Take for instance two beverage companies like coke and pepsi. They both produce refreshment.

Same idea.
But they have different business secrets.

That's what I'm talking about.

At least you don't see them sharing it publicly until it's executed.

Got it now?
then stop asking and start doing ur ideas.
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 01, 2015
emmykk:
What exactly did I ask?
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 01, 2015
emmykk:

Asking what?
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by nairation: 7:33pm On May 15, 2015
Oya be my mentor...
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 1:27am On May 16, 2015
nairation:
Oya be my mentor...
Lol! Funny you. grin
Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 1:56am On May 16, 2015
FOLLOWING

1 Like

Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by nairation: 9:12am On May 16, 2015
Brandnew2:

Lol! Funny you. grin

I am serious man

1 Like

Re: My Million Dollar Start Up by Nobody: 3:14am On May 18, 2015
nairation:

I am serious man
Looking forward to your comments on my blog.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Buy Or Sell Chemicals? Come In Lets Relate / Itunes Gift Cards Needed Bulk. Good Rate. / Plain T-shirts Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.