Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie (39146 Views)

Meet Nigerian Man Who Makes Dolls That Are Selling Better Than Barbie (photos) / Barbie Challenges The 'white Saviour Complex' / Should Biafra State Be Created For Igbos In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2015
Menace2Society:
What a tool!

Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by lonelydora: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2015
Proudly Naija.
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Naijavibz1: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2015
Am inspired
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Canme4u(m): 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
appini:

We are very close by creating more doll babies.

one step at a time bro.

As one Yoruba adage says" ojo a gun ko laa kan orun"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by propershot: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
NICE!!
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by atasteve: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
But why is he being hindered from freely marketing the dolls in America?
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Abbey2sam(m): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
we will get there, we just took over the dull market
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by XRAY21(m): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
Igbos making nigerians proud since 19000AD yoruba hating igbos since 1960, hausa and almajiri like 5 nd 6
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by nkemdi89(f): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
I will love the chubby dolls with plaited ikpako elede or shuku with the ileke on the waist and with big ass that's a true representation of african woman.
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by XRAY21(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
ikombe:
what is the purpose for dolls
some one is making money you are here asking, ask your kid sis to tell you the use of doll

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by idithlove(f): 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Proud of u grin
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by shindarayo(f): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dis wont be complete african if dey re not spotted with hairstyles like suku, patewo, ipako elede, and d likes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by mmsen: 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
anibirelawal:
Nice one. Have once said it that NIGERIA is going to be a world power one day.

We lead while others follow.

you mean by creating dolls?....biko..think again!

Everything counts but very little is more important than how you educate your children.

Teaching children entails much more than sending them to school (to be taught by someone else) - it includes teaching them the value of self-esteem, self-respect and awareness of their environment.

This man saw a a problem and fixed it. That is what we should all be doing.

Only a person who does not understand the impact that a childhood devoid of identity would say that this was a meaningless endeavor.

Toys are a multi-billion dollar industry, likewise children's television and movies - ask yourself why.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by ikombe: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
XRAY21:
some one is making money you are here asking, ask your kid sis to tell you the use of doll
i have no sis . Just boiz grin
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by queentessense(f): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
give a child a doll, her questions would be "mum why cant i blink like my doll"
give your child a computer and her questions would be along these line "mum whats a folder and how can i make one".....
an intelligent child is a product of NATURE and NURTURE
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by UjSizzle(f): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
Good development. I was asking a friend some weeks ago why we don't have black dolls around. The recent display of black mannequins are alright, but dolls are important too.

I hope he's able to make some of them plus-sized so little girls know it's okay to be anything but thin too smiley
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by mya1: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
Nice !

Though the only ingenuity I see in this is the attire, African prints nothing else!

Black dolls with caucausian hair have been around since time immemorial.I remember playing with those as a kid .

The representation of an African doll should speak African all over.body, build, hair etc.

Having said that, a good job to him all the same .I have seen some ankara styles I can imitate.
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by XRAY21(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
ikombe:
i have no sis . Just boiz grin
llol that y you asked ,come to my house and see the use of doll, with all shape and size
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by UjSizzle(f): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
hollandis:

Liar,there are lots of black,monster high dolls ,you manufactured the dolls for profit,stop lieing mr taofeek
Monsters High? You mean dolls that look like Dracuella and the likes? Never seen them around her we before. Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Bonapart(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Never a fan of doll and will never be.... if you like make obasanjo doll
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by mmsen: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
nkemdi89:
I will love the chubby dolls with plaited ikpako elede or shuku with the ileke on the waist and with big ass that's a true representation of african woman.

Like it or not being fat is not healthy.

We need to shift the paradigm to understand that not everything that is common is good.

Hopefully the sight of beautiful, thin dolls will lead to questions about diet and lifestyle.
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by mmsen: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
mya1:
Nice !

Though the only ingenuity I see in this is the attire, African prints nothing else!

Black dolls with caucausian hair have been around since time immemorial.I remember playing with those as a kid .

The representation of an African doll should speak African all over.body, build, hair etc.

Having said that, a good job to him all the same .I have seen some ankara styles I can imitate.

What is Caucasian hair??

Did you not view the pictures? There are dolls with plaited hair to choose from.

And there is a variety in African hair textures, just as there is variety in African skin tones and body shapes.

His duty is not to be all things to all people but to represent an ideal, slim and healthy will always be preferable to overweight. We should not normalize obesity.
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Beauriful dolls! smiley

enough of white dolls jare

Did u know that there was experiment: children had to chose 1 doll from two( black and white).90% of black kids did chose white dolls. Just saying smiley
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by mbulela: 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
I applaud Taofik for pursuing his passion.
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
PHEW.... Breath of fresh air after that demon that was a supposed "BLACKDOLL" was posted here on NL.... Kai.... I rebuke the person that attempted to make that doll and call it a black baby.....
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by dsleekman(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
Wholesome. I really love the idea...
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Missmossy(f): 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
Aww so wonderful, creativity at its peak grin
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
He be like say na wood dem use take make am
Re: Nigerian Doll Created By Taofik Okoya Now Outselling White Dolls Barbie by iamord(m): 1:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
Very good. Gives more confidence to the black skin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call / Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work / Asiri Ijinle Awon Woli Lailai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.