Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Dreadlocks Women!!! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dreadlocks Women!!! (1735 Views)

How To Care For Dreadlocks / Growing Dreadlocks / Dreadlocks Women!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreadlocks Women!!! by K9blunt(f): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
hi everyone!

I came across a thread here about dreadlocks before NL went M.I.A and I was impressed that some Nigerian ladies are now going natural or locked..... so as to keep the spirit going I want to post my locked pic and invite others like me to share theirs as well.
PS am not hating any non-natural, its your choice but this is for those who are indecisive about what they want , discouraged people to be encouraged and haters of naturals to have an open mind or hug a transformer and save us some space in this planet. thanks.
I will share my hair care routine and journey as well as time and positive comments progresses.
ciao!

Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
This is very nice.
I love dreads but do not have the mind to lock my hair. grin grin

The thought of carrying it for years is discouraging.
Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by sweettease(f): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
I just started transitioning, I pray I don't end up like naijasinglegirl lol

1 Like

Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by ammyluv2002(f): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
I can't wait to have mine. I love it
Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by K9blunt(f): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I can't wait to have mine. I love it
aww thanks. when do you plan on having it?
Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by K9blunt(f): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
BaebieHot:
This is very nice.
I love dreads but do not have the mind to lock my hair. grin grin

The thought of carrying it for years is discouraging.

I was like that, my elder sister started it and encouraged me but I refused cause I wanted to be rocking weaves and attachments which I eventually did do... but something just snapped in my mind that made me chop of my relaxed hair and start the locks, a lady complemented my attached hair by saying 'wow YOUR HAIR looks nice can I touch it?' and I was like *its not my hair, its artificial* and I felt uncomfortable and made up my mind. so babe you just have to think outside the box, and their are blogs where you can see the versality of dreadlocks and read blogs of natural hairs if you don't want locks. its nice .
at the end of the day just be happy with whatever decision you make. grin
Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by K9blunt(f): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
sweettease:
I just started transitioning, I pray I don't end up like naijasinglegirl lol
that babe is hilarious!
well its indeed cheap, no mind some people telling you to get this or that o. just keep it simple with ori (Shea butter) , shampoo and conditioner. and please keep away from any product that has petroleum chemicals and alcohol.
having dread wax is good as well. e no cost at all.

1 Like

Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by K9blunt(f): 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
I lost some of my pictures of when I started but I will get them soon from my Facebook and post them here. damn did I look fugly...lol grin
Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by ammyluv2002(f): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
K9blunt:

aww thanks. when do you plan on having it?
I don't know yet but very soon
Re: Dreadlocks Women!!! by K9blunt(f): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I don't know yet but very soon
OK cool

(1) (Reply)

Get An Online Store For Your Fashion Business. / Learn Different Head Wrap Cheat Sheets If You Don't Know How To Tie Them / Black Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.