Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. (3586 Views)

Is Burna Boy Mocking Olamide With This Tweet? / Is Burna Boy Mocking Olamide With This Tweet? / What Is Burna Boy Doing With Corazon Kwamboka? The Kenya Big B00ty Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Weedkhalifa(f): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
If you had asked me 6 weeks ago which Artiste I was going to write on, it would have been about how bad a performer Naeto C is and why he should give up being a performing artiste but somehow, I think Burna Boy has trumped all this with what I call an Epic Failure at been an Artiste.
I watched Burna Boy perform for a smallish crowd at Industry night like 4 months ago and I thought to myself ‘Dis guy dey feel ‘im sef die’
He hoarded the microphone even though he was just a guest on the stage and at a point the owner of the night had to just ingest himself into the performance ‘make e no be like say’.
I then decided that I wanted to see him perform live again because you see, I am a huge fan of Burna Boy and live music in general. Infact I did an instagram post on 5 things I like about Burna Boy like 8 months (FYI I do not know him personally on any level)
So when Gidi Cultural Fest advertised that Burna Boy was in their line up I was pretty excited.
I waited from 9PM till 4:30AM for the moment he would arrive on stage and ‘Ol Boy did he arrive….Burna arrived in a construction type truck which was amazing and then……it all went down hill from there
First there was no introduction from him which was not bad or even noticeable considering a great number of people in the crowd were tired from the whole event proper, I then noticed that Burna did not really seem to care if the crowd were feeling him, of course he made sure we shouted to the parts of the songs that are most noticeable but asides that, Burna was having fun on the stage sometimes with his dancers without any kind of connection to the crowd.
The place could have been empty and Burna would have performed the same way he did. The set wasn’t impressive as the mixes were skipped into each other without much thought, Burna was singing on his songs which already had vocals (and he was off key half of the time), at a point he couldn’t even sing along to a particular song and he really just let the song do its thing and finally without saying a word and without the song ending, Burna just left the stage like someone had insulted his family lineage.
Like who comes on stage and leaves abruptly without notice, haba did we annoy you? Abi we didn’t come on time?
You must understand that Burna Boy was one of the Major headlines for the event so a good number of people had waited it out to hear and see him perform and in my opinion that was the worst performance of ALL time.
My advice for the young cats who got on stage that night is simple
YOUR FANS MAKE YOU (‘make’ been used in continuos present because they can also break you, its an ongoing process)
No apologies but please try to make brilliant music and have no one listen to it, you will simply be a studio rat without a penny to your name.
Burna please grow up, you are talented but you cannot eat talent, people must key into your talent and for it to be sustainable they must key into it for a very long time (unless you are interested in flash in the pan then you are on course)
Being an Artiste transcends just coming on stage and giving us back the same songs which we already have on CD, being a performing Artiste is about so much more.

SOURCE: http://hottestdaniel..com/2015/04/the-epic-failurethat-is-burna-boy.html

2 Shares

Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by jeremiah505(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
I was here...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Weedkhalifa(f): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
ok o
jeremiah505:
I was here...

grin grin grin
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hummerwise(m): 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Me 4 once no sabi wetin the guy dey sing sef...
He's just lucky and tank God for heavy metal beat...
Make I no talk jare, cos if I talk now some people go start to dey quote me sey na bad belle I dey do..

2 Likes

Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by ilovecritics(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Land bought. Buyer paid in. cash!

lipsrsealed
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Weedkhalifa(f): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
na so because Nigerians can think otherwise
hummerwise:
Make I no talk jare, cos if I talk now some people go start to dey quote me sey na bad belle I dey do..
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by bbeckky: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
u just com mark register
jeremiah505:
I was here...

grin grin grin
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Weedkhalifa(f): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
na so
bbeckky:
u just com mark register
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hummerwise(m): 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
Weedkhalifa:
na so because Nigerians can think otherwise
Abi oo, because his die hard fan will soon come in and start defending him
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by jeremiah505(m): 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
bbeckky:
u just com mark register

Yes oooo... in case...

you no say the post fit CHANGE go fp at anytime...
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Weedkhalifa(f): 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
sai baba say make we drop our attendance sheet after everything.
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by FLAWLES(f): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
That guy de annoy me die
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Weedkhalifa(f): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
why??/
FLAWLES:
That guy de annoy me die
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by bbeckky: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lol
jeremiah505:

Yes oooo... in case...

you no say the post fit CHANGE go fp at anytime...
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Tval(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
hummerwise:
But he sings better than some of the most loved artists around.

1 Like

Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hummerwise(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Tval:
But he sings better than some of the most loved artists around.
Mention one 9ja artist he's beta than undecided
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Tval(m): 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
hummerwise:

Mention one 9ja artist he's beta than undecided
he sings better than wizkid and davido combined.

1 Like

Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hummerwise(m): 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
Tval:
LoL,
Bro ur a joker,
In as much as am not a fan of any of those guys you mentioned up there...they r way beta than Burna...
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Pebcak: 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
even if u like put him in this silver suit he will not shine more than his power
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hatux: 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
hummerwise:

LoL,
Bro ur a joker,
In as much as am not a fan of any of those guys you mentioned up there...they r way beta than Burna...
Dude' you dunno anything bout music. Get it!

2 Likes

Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by safarigirl(f): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
hummerwise:

LoL,
Bro ur a joker,
anyone who KNOWS music, knows that based on bocals alone and style, Burna would get an International recording contract before either of Davido and Wizkid.

Don't let naija mediocrity fool you, Burna has better songs than those 2 guys....

And the OP should know that Davido IMO is a far worse performer than Burna. Everytime that dude gets on stage, he's a train wreck waiting to happen. All he does is jump around the stage like a frog on drugs and he doesn'y even have the decency to PRETEND he's singing along to the track.

So if you're going to talk about shitty performers, then by all means, Davido should be top on the list

2 Likes

Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hummerwise(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
hatux:
Bros I no sabi music, oya teach me

safarigirl:
anyone who KNOWS music, knows that based on bocals alone and style, Burna would get an International recording contract before either of Davido and Wizkid.

Don't let naija mediocrity fool you, Burna has better songs than those 2 guys....

And the OP should know that Davido IMO is a far worse performer than Burna. Everytime that dude gets on stage, he's a train wreck waiting to happen. All he does is jump around the stage like a frog on drugs and he doesn'y even have the decency to PRETEND he's singing along to the track.

So if you're going to talk about shitty performers, then by all means, Davido should be top on the list
Beginning to sense tribal sentiments in ur posts...
Pls don't quote me again, you both are just 4king rejected retards.

I don't do tribal argument, yu both should look for ur class to chat wif. Ur 4king booooooooooring me
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by safarigirl(f): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
hummerwise:

Bros I no sabi music, oya teach me

Beginning to sense tribal sentiments in ur posts...
Pls don't quote me again, you both are just 4king rejected retards.

I don't do tribal argument, yu both should look for ur class to chat wif. Ur 4king booooooooooring me
are you an eediot? Scratch that, you're obviously one.

And if you sense any tribal sentiments then it must be because your view that Davido and Wizkid are better is based solely on tribal sentiments. We all know how guilty conscience pushes people to assume everyone has the same sentiments as they do.

Davido is a sucky performer and Burna is a better artiste vocally and lyrically than Wiz and Davido and anyone who thinks contrary to that has either been listening to too much junk music or is just bigoted.
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hummerwise(m): 12:03am On Apr 10, 2015
safarigirl:

And if you sense any tribal sentiments then it must be because your view that Davido and Wizkid are better is based solely on tribal sentiments. We all know how guilty conscience pushes people to assume everyone has the same sentiments as they do.

Davido is a sucky performer and Burna is a better artiste vocally and lyrically than Wiz and Davido and anyone who thinks contrary to that has either been listening to too much junk music or is just bigoted.
Hey hey
Savanah girl abi wetin dem dey call yu, just go bk to the forest you came from...ur boring people here...
Ur tryin So hard 2 be recognised, don't worry I can see you..
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by malonephill(m): 1:41am On Apr 10, 2015
Tval:
he's better than wizkid, not davido
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by malonephill(m): 1:49am On Apr 10, 2015
safarigirl:

I respect your point, burna is my very big fav, but for me will still chose davido over him, talking about wizkid he's wack
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by IamOpemipo(m): 1:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Most naija artiste are nothing to write home about when it comes to stage performance..
Save for 2face, d'banj and p square

The rest of dem just jump anrd the stage..

Nowplayin- soke..burnarankin.

Fire!
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by bellabae(f): 4:13am On Apr 10, 2015
hatux:
they af started
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by bellabae(f): 4:15am On Apr 10, 2015
IamOpemipo:
Most naija artiste are nothing to write home about when it comes to stage performance..
Save for 2face, d'banj and p square

The rest of dem just jump anrd the stage..

Nowplayin- soke..burnarankin.

Fire!
esp that davido

#nowplaying azonto by Fuse
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Tval(m): 5:13am On Apr 10, 2015
malonephill:
grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D-C1YRjnoE
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by hatux: 7:38am On Apr 10, 2015
bellabae:
they af started
What have they startedundecided
Re: The Epic Failure!!that Is Burna Boy. by Damyion(m): 8:35am On Apr 10, 2015
malonephill:
You just had to make me laugh this morning sha... Davido ke? Jeesu...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omg!!see The Kind Of Painting This Artist Made,black Women Find It Disrespectful / Throwback Photo Of Actor Ken Erics When He Was Just 10 Year Old / The Internet Is GOING WILD With This BEAUTIFUL Mother-daughter Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.