Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc (1356 Views)

Finally Whatsapp Is Now Available On PC And MAC / How To Use Mtn Bis On Windows10 Store On Pc Via Simple Server [ 2015] Read More: / Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc - Download Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by seunlayi(m): 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
UCWeb has come up with a web version of its popular mobile internet browser "UC Browser". The web version is especially for Windows and comes in two versions- General version and Indian version.

The company released its first public beta of General version UC Browser for desktop alongside an Indian version. The Indian version is specially designed for India with a pre-loaded UC Cricket add-on where users can access the latest cricket news, scores, and much more.

To have a trial run you can click the link pc.ucweb.com to download the PC beta.

With this launch the company seems to be deepening its commitment to connecting users around the world with the Internet not only through mobiles but via the desktops also.

Jerry Wen, head of the initiative for brining UC browser to desktops has said that in a recent survey of their mobile browser users, they have found out that many of them who use a PC everyday are looking for a seamless cross-platform browsing experience on both mobile and desktop front.

The company in a press statement that the UC browser for web has all that what its fans explored in the mobile browser.

"We have continued delivering our promise of giving users a fast and smooth web experience. This UC Browser for PC is equipped with all the important features that our fans on mobile have come to love. It is equipped with Cloud Sync that will allow users to synchronise open tabs and bookmarks from UC Browser for mobile," the statement said.

It added that the new browser has in store high-speed downloads, with an option to pause/ resume downloads and a smart file manager that automatically categorises downloaded files by type. The browser also preloads photos and links beforehand for faster browsing, claims the company.

UCWeb claimed that its UC Browser reached 100 million daily active users as of the end of 2014 and has become the number one third-party mobile browser with over 11 per cent market share worldwide by 2014 year-end.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/now-you-can-use-uc-browser-on-pc/1/429269.html

NB I have download and tested it and to the best I can say for now, UCWeb has since sent my Firefox packing

http://pc.ucweb.com/ for your direct download

1 Like

Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by Ewizard(m): 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
welcome development!

2 Likes

Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by solar007: 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
It is almost like Mozilla Firefox and better with cloud storage with a lot of theme with nice download speed
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by Mrval20(m): 2:30am On Apr 11, 2015
Congrats to the UC team. I pray they don't end up like Opera for PC and IE.

For now, I'm stuck with my dear Chrome while patiently waiting for Microsoft's Spartan.

2 Likes

Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by persius555(m): 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
Thanks op, downloaded the uc browser yesterday, must confess the launch speed is impressive. Did a trial of chrome, mozilla, opera and the new bride on a spare 1 gig ram laptop, the UC browser was atop. For now, its uc browser. Developers did a great job.
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by solar007: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
I spent quite some things on it today and I must confess, it is superb
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by Folksyharry(m): 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
I downloaded it but I couldn't install. It's not compatible wit Win7 32bits
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by jasmine01s: 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
gonnA TRY IT OUT
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by mikron(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
i downloaded it and installed, nice interface but i must confess my idm does not work with it, though im running a proxy on it
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by seunlayi(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
I m using fdm and it works

1 Like

Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by henryobinna(m): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2015
Mrval20:
Congrats to the UC team. I pray they don't end up like Opera for PC and IE.

For now, I'm stuck with my dear Chrome while patiently waiting for Microsoft's Spartan.
spartan is already out bro
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by Mrval20(m): 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
henryobinna:
spartan is already out bro
Nah, it was a preview version. The complete package would be released alongside windows 10 later this year according to Microsoft.
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by henryobinna(m): 2:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mrval20:

Nah, it was a preview version. The complete package would be released alongside windows 10 later this year according to Microsoft.
mmm.. yea but I according to review its still cool, givr it a try
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by Mrval20(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
henryobinna:
mmm.. yea but I according to review its still cool, givr it a try
Alright brosmiley
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by inspbado(m): 12:22am On Apr 18, 2015
I've uninstalled my chrome and opera cos of this browser. The developers at ucweb really did a darn good job designing this browser, I'm loving it!! Its fast, download speed is off the chain, and has lots of customizations. I hope they don't drop their guards, but keep on improving the software.
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by persius555(m): 3:16am On Apr 18, 2015
Installed on xp,win 7 and looking forward to seeing it on win 8. Was wondering if the linux version is available.I am really loving it, uc browser has set the standard no doubt.
Re: Hurray!!! Ucweb Is Now Available On Pc by GoodBoi1(m): 11:55am On Mar 24, 2016
Does it have cloud download?

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch All EPL Matches For Just N500 Weekly On Your PC! / Dell And Acer Laptop At Give Away Price / How To Remove Shortcut Virus Using Cmd Step By Step

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.