Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth (6117 Views)

Efe Performs At AY Live: Fans Blast Him / Comedian Ushbebe Recreates Pretty Mike's Signature Swag At AY Live (photos) / Photos Of Celebrities At AY LIVE Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by greatdonmikell: 6:01am On Apr 11, 2015
Can you remember the last time you saw
Bright Okpocha (Basketmouth) and Ayo
Makun (AY) in eachother’s shows? well there
have been rumours that there is a silent
rivalry between top comedians, Basketmouth
and AY. As both humour merchants are big
brands in the industry, many believe that the
rivalry is based on ego issues.
Last Easter Sunday, Basketmouth, looking very
casual, was spotted at the lobby of the hotel
where AY’s annual Easter show was held. So
many people had thought Basketmouth came
for the show and most of his fans who also
came for the AY show, stopped by him to take
pictures with him. But just after he exchanged
banters with his fans and took pictures with
them, the comedian got into his SUV and
zoomed off! He didn’t come back. And of
course, it made so many people believe
indeed, there is a certain ‘beef’ between the
comedians. But in an exclusive chat with
Saturday Beats, Basketmouth denied the
rumour saying he had
no problems with AY or his show.
However, when he was asked why he had to
leave the venue even without entering the
hall, Basketmouth said that he could not be at
the show because he was not billed to
perform and that he had another gig on that
day. “I was not booked to appear at AY’s
show. My name was not publicised as part of
the people to be at the show. It is not about
comedians being united; AY did his show and
never mentioned that
Basketmouth would perform, so why
would people expect me to be there? It
doesn’t make sense.”
When Saturday Beats asked Basketmouth why
he had to be at the venue if he knew he
wasn’t going to enter the hall, he said:
“It was just a coincidence that I was at the
venue of the show while it was
ongoing. I could not even be a guest at AY’s
show because I had another gig on that day I
was rushing off to.
The way we think in this country is very
funny. You go to the market to buy a
Mercedes and hope to get a Rolls Royce
engine, it is not possible. They sold a product
and said that some people would perform, so
why should people expect that I would be
there? There is no beef between AY and I. I
am an easy going person and I’m very cordial
with
everybody,” he said.

source http://www.lagoslately.com/i-cant-even-be-a-guest-at-ay-live-basketmouth/

1 Like

Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by williamspaul22(m): 6:07am On Apr 11, 2015
That one concern them, I hav many things to worry abt now. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by naturally: 6:09am On Apr 11, 2015
Okk o. Ego everywhere
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Naija and busybody.
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by tunapawizzy: 6:15am On Apr 11, 2015
The rich also hate
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by qloreal: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2015
Abeg, run lost joor
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Zonacom(m): 6:41am On Apr 11, 2015
No be only beef. Anu ewu nko
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Sommyangel(f): 6:51am On Apr 11, 2015
I know the cause of the beef.. It's because of....
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Vyolet(f): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2015
There were many comedians at the show and they didn't perform,they all went as guests,so what's basketmouth feeling like? undecided
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by seankafor(m): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2015
thats their own cup of alomo........ Meanwhile ...................life goes on
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Acekidc4(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2015
Ok Na, we don hear
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Wendy80(f): 8:14am On Apr 11, 2015
Vyolet:
There were many comedians at the show and they didn't perform,they all went as guests,so what's basketmouth feeling like? undecided

But he said he had anoda show na.
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Jamean(f): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2015
The sky is wide enough for everyone to soar, so no need for beef.

Shine your shine and I shine my shine smiley
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Abbott(m): 8:32am On Apr 11, 2015
Loools.

Who is RR, who is Benz? And what even makes him think that RR's engines are better than Benz's? The engines for both come from the same country and right now, MB occupies pole position on powerful engines, at least for luxury saloon cars. Anyway, it's none of my Nescafe mug of espresso.
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2015
It's da busybody remix...
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Humblebloke(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2015
OK!

Why is he telling usundecided
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by akinsadeez(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2015
So Basketmouth is always booked on d day of every AY show just as AY is always booked every time basketmouth is doing his shows. I can't remember seeing ever seeing basketmouth at an AY show and vice versa either as a performing comedian or even as guest. This same basket mouth always has time to attend shows by Bovi. The two of them should continue deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by cybug: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2015
It's no beef... It's just that Creative people are hardly united.
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by ednut1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
make we go settle d fight na. baskets house is 7 houses away from ay mvps club. make we go stay for junction settle dem. silly news
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by jimohibrahim(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
williamspaul22:
That one concern them, I hav many things to worry abt now. undecided
you have finally impregnated that gurl abi
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
Bright sounds bitter.
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by williamspaul22(m): 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
jimohibrahim:

you have finally impregnated that gurl abi
grin grin, I hav children to carter for tongue
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Holywizard: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
how does it affect de price of condom in my skul?
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Amebo123: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
Concern them.

na how we go win Lagos we dey think now
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by Amebo123: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
Concern them.

na how we go win Lagos i dey think now
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by rattlesnake(m): 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
I appreciate n respect AY

But don't like him undecided
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by hopelife: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
For Latest Celebrity News, Politics Gossips Gist and Inspirations

http://addanny.com/social/35/18527
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by iheanyi40(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Whos ay undecided I prefer basketmouth tho
Re: I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth by duduade: 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
Vyolet:
Ay s jokes are dry... all na packaging... I cant be caught dead at wherever he performs.. Basketmouth does and holds it down in a real way...

(1) (Reply)

"Rita You Are 43 Not 40" - Old Classmate Of Rita Dominic Reveals / See Davido's New Bodyguard After The Death Of Teejay / Genevieve's Alleged Lover Rukky Sanda Poses In Red Hot Bikini, Enjoy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.