Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? (872 Views)

This Virus Is Already In Africa, Watch Out! / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. / How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 11, 2015
It started when I used a usb flash on my computer and since then, weneva I connect a memory card wit d system, it renders it useless, destroying every files in it. Its really frustrating and I dnt know how to remove it. Its detectable by an antivirus bt the antivirus couldn't remove it.
Pls how can I remove this stuff??
Thanks!
Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by ITbomb(m): 6:51am On Apr 11, 2015
It did not literally destroyed the files, it just hide the real files and create a short cut with the file name pointing to the rogue application.

I could describe a process to attempt to remove it but it is long and complicated.
The solution now is to copy out your important files to external disk
Format your system and install a new OS
Then follow the procedure here http://ityunit..in/2015/04/secure-your-windows-operating-system.html
Thereafter, plug in the external disk and watch it scan automatically, when it shows green you are good to go

Don't let anyone deceive you with buying expensive Antivirus, they are useless as long as your USB is not secure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 11, 2015
ITbomb:
It did not literally destroyed the files, it just hide the real files and create a short cut with the file name pointing to the rogue application.

I could describe a process to attempt to remove it but it is long and complicated.
The solution now is to copy out your important files to external disk
Format your system and install a new OS
Then follow the procedure here http://ityunit..in/2015/04/secure-your-windows-operating-system.html
Thereafter, plug in the external disk and watch it scan automatically, when it shows green you are good to go

Don't let anyone deceive you with buying expensive Antivirus, they are useless as long as your USB is not secure
Thanks for that! Can you describe how to format the system for me? And those softwares mentioned in that link I dnt know how to get them. Also, in the process of copying to an external disk won't it also get affected by the virus?
Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by bunmioguns(m): 7:15am On Apr 11, 2015
Neyova:
Thanks for that! Can you describe how to format the system for me? And those softwares mentioned in that link I dnt know how to get them. Also, in the process of copying to an external disk won't it also get affected by the virus?

You will install a new operating system on it, if you don't know how to do it, I will advice you take it to engineer

1 Like

Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by ITbomb(m): 7:24am On Apr 11, 2015
Neyova:
Yes the disk would get infected but after getting those tools up and running in your system, you can never be afraid of any USB infected flash drive as it will clean them up.
That is why you need to get the 3 tools running first before you plug back the external hard disk
Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2015
bunmioguns:

You will install a new operating system on it, if you don't know how to do it, I will advice you take it to engineer
What if I decide to leave the virus like dat as it is?
Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 11, 2015
ITbomb:

Yes the disk would get infected but after getting those tools up and running in your system, you can never be afraid of any USB infected flash drive as it will clean them up.
That is why you need to get the 3 tools running first before you plug back the external hard disk
What if I decide to leave the virus on my system like dat?
Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by ITbomb(m): 8:07am On Apr 11, 2015
Neyova:
What if I decide to leave the virus on my system like dat?
1. You will be infecting others who plug their flash in your system or you plug your flash to their system
2. You will copy things out but you wont see them when you want to use it in another system.

Try this: Without formatting, install the Antivirus and USB Guard on that link (download links are there), if you can successfully install and activate the antivirus then run the scan and get your system back.
For best result, after you download the files, right click and install as administrator, [or if you can, boot to safe mode and install as admin]
Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by tare22(m): 10:48am On Apr 11, 2015
bro that virus is called Recyclers. you don't need to install new os or delete any thing.. your registry files are infected already... uninstall any antivirus on your system, get updated avast install it and do a boot scan. it takes time while boot in operation there will be an instruction on what you want to achieve simple read the instruction and press 6 that will delete all virus from your system. if the avast fails to install then install through safe mode. you can also access your flash through safe mode.

1 Like

Re: How Will I Remove This Virus On My Computer? by Deprime007: 6:04am On Apr 12, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Discount Sales On Hp Laptop On Bestbuy - Micostarmall / Hp Pro Book 6360 B Intel Core I 3 / Where In Lagos Can I Buy Ipad Accessories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.