Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue (885 Views)

Help Fix This Android Studio Error Dhtml18 And Otherd / 1. Learning Android Programming / Let Learn Android Programming Togather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by nnamdiosu(m): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
hi guys pls I need help on this. I'm developing an app abd I'm trying to implement a code that brings up the phone contact with the ability for the user to select one or more contacts. all the contacts should now be placed in an edit text. pls has any one any tip or advice in this or something similar that I can modify? thanks guys
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
Try this https://developers.google.com/google-apps/contacts/v3/ Or this code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/build-a-contacts-application-with-jquery-mobile-the-android-sdk-part-1--mobile-5727 copy the 2nd url put it in your url tab u will see the codes
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by thewebcraft(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
nnamdiosu:
hi guys pls I need help on this. I'm developing an app abd I'm trying to implement a code that brings up the phone contact with the ability for the user to select one or more contacts. all the contacts should now be placed in an edit text. pls has any one any tip or advice in this or something similar that I can modify? thanks guys
What language?
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by nnamdiosu(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
thewebcraft:

What language?

andriod
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by thewebcraft(m): 11:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
nnamdiosu:

andriod
Java??
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by nnamdiosu(m): 12:31am On Apr 12, 2015
thewebcraft:

Java??

yes
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by nnamdiosu(m): 12:49am On Apr 12, 2015
proxy23:
Try this https://developers.google.com/google-apps/contacts/v3/ Or this code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/build-a-contacts-application-with-jquery-mobile-the-android-sdk-part-1--mobile-5727 copy the 2nd url put it in your url tab u will see the codes

thanks bro. wat they had was similar but not exactly wat I need. thanks for d efforts
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by seyezy: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
my man, good to see you here. I pray you will get help here
Re: Pls Help On This Android Programming Issue by lordZOUGA(m): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2015
nnamdiosu:
Hello,

What you have to do is to create an Intent for picking phone contacts like described here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/20054996/3256367

The answer creates an intent, then starts an activity with the intent. The start activity will now create an activity chooser which will shiow the user the available activity for handling such intent. However, I am not entirely sure if it will let you select multiple contacts.

but if that isn't enough for you, you can create your own Contact list with android's content provider APIs and implement the Multiple item select feature.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Try Out Linux Ubuntu Buh I Need Help Pls / Independent Marketers Needed At AWNET ENTERPRISE / Kwesotian Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.