Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Help A Brother Get That Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help A Brother Get That Job (1816 Views)

Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / Just Before You Take That Job, See This / 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Brother Get That Job by Tnycee(m): 12:50am On Apr 12, 2015
I have been job hunting for quite a while now but nothing seems to be coming. I have decided to change strategy. I have decided to send in hard copies of my cv's to companies. Now i need expert advice on this;
1. should i also attach photocopies of my credentials to the cv im sending or should i reserve it until im invited for interview?
2. is it a good idea to send a hard copy and also go ahead to send a soft copy via email to the same company?
3. which postal service is better?
4 and please, what do you think would be an appropriate[b][/b] title (subject) of such mail.

Hope to get positive feedback from all the good people in the house.

cc: xfire
Re: Help A Brother Get That Job by simplymade(m): 1:32am On Apr 12, 2015
ah dey come
Re: Help A Brother Get That Job by xfire: 1:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
Tnycee:
I have been job hunting for quite a while now but nothing seems to be coming. I have decided to change strategy. I have decided to send in hard copies of my cv's to companies. Now i need expert advice on this;
1. should i also attach photocopies of my credentials to the cv im sending or should i reserve it until im invited for interview?
2. is it a good idea to send a hard copy and also go ahead to send a soft copy via email to the same company?
3. which postal service is better?
4 and please, what do you think would be an appropriate[b][/b] title (subject) of such mail.

Hope to get positive feedback from all the good people in the house.

cc: xfire
Your approach will vary very slightly depending on your discipline, career of interest and the target firms. However, these are general guidelines:
1. You don't necessarily need to attach copies of your credentials to the cover letter and CV. It's not wrong if you do, but it's not necessary. They will demand for it if they are interested in you.
2. You may explore both options. However, state categorically in the email that you have sent hard copies as back-up.
3. lol. We all know fastest delivery options - DHL, UPS, Fedex, and even NIPOST's EMS. But you know they are more costly. I hear NIPOST normal mail service is very efficient now though not as fast as those mentioned earlier.
4. It depends on the firm, your discipline and the position of interest. I can't give you a blanket answer.

What's your educational qualification and course of study?

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother Get That Job by Tnycee(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
Thank you very much Sir...
I have a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering.
I graduated with a Second Class Upper.
I just need anything to do at the moment while believing God for something bigger.
If anybody can link me up, I'd be very grateful, then i will have a testimony.

xfire:

Your approach will vary very slightly depending on your discipline, career of interest and the target firms. However, these are general guidelines:
1. You don't necessarily need to attach copies of your credentials to the cover letter and CV. It's not wrong if you do, but it's not necessary. They will demand for it if they are interested in you.
2. You may explore both options. However, state categorically in the email that you have sent hard copies as back-up.
3. lol. We all know fastest delivery options - DHL, UPS, Fedex, and even NIPOST's EMS. But you know they are more costly. I hear NIPOST normal mail service is very efficient now though not as fast as those mentioned earlier.
4. It depends on the firm, your discipline and the position of interest. I can't give you a blanket answer.

What's your educational qualification and course of study?
Re: Help A Brother Get That Job by Tnycee(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
I also have a project management certification and some offshore safety licenses.
Re: Help A Brother Get That Job by xfire: 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
Tnycee:
Thank you very much Sir...
I have a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering.
I graduated with a Second Class Upper.
I just need anything to do at the moment while believing God for something bigger.
If anybody can link me up, I'd be very grateful, then i will have a testimony.
Wow...good grade, marketable course. I just recently recommended 2 fresh engineering grads to the director of an indigenous oil servicing company. If your post had come a little earlier, I probably would have included your name. I must confess such opportunities don't come to me frequently though.
However, you can send me your CV. I am not promising anything as I'm just an ordinary employee myself. Besides, the oil industry (where I work) is on a downward trend as crude prices fall. Almost all oil servicing companies are currently 'rationalizing' (laying off) staff strength. IOCs are not exempted too.
However, I will look out for any opportunities (even outside the industry) and get back if I find any.

Cheers...

3 Likes

Re: Help A Brother Get That Job by Tnycee(m): 12:27am On Apr 18, 2015
Thank you very much sir.
I believe that with God, there is always a way and God is never late.
I just sent you a mail on NL...I need you to respond so I can get your email address.
if you send me a blank message at joelastics480net@gmail.com(unofficial), I would also get your adress and reply with my CV.
Thanks again.

xfire:

Wow...good grade, marketable course. I just recently recommended 2 fresh engineering grads to the director of an indigenous oil servicing company. If your post had come a little earlier, I probably would have included your name. I must confess such opportunities don't come to me frequently though.
However, you can send me your CV. I am not promising anything as I'm just an ordinary employee myself. Besides, the oil industry (where I work) is on a downward trend as crude prices fall. Almost all oil servicing companies are currently 'rationalizing' (laying off) staff strength. IOCs are not exempted too.
However, I will look out for any opportunities (even outside the industry) and get back if I find any.

Cheers...

(1) (Reply)

Submit Your Cv For Possible Placement / How Not To Write A CV- CV Writing Course 101 / Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.