Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Anime General - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Anime General (1919 Views)

Naruto Has Finally Ended Guess What Episode It Stopped At.. Anime Fans / Best Anime Fight 2016 / Kingdom Anime/manga. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anime General by wiegraf: 10:48am On Apr 12, 2015
So, as I still have carry over, I still watch..

In my defense elections have slowed biz

Currently watching fate/stay night: unlimited blade works 2. That's the only thing I'm following this season. Dont know what else is on, tbh, dont follow like i used to. Any recommendations?

From just concluded season, followed aldnoah.zero 2 and log horizon 2. Az very disappointing (save some battles, but that's to be expected). Lh2 decent but nowhere near as good as lh1

Will post mal later, but tentatively would say my favorites are evangelion, code geass and planetes

Evangelion most superior anime ever conceived. Prove me wrong

Let's ignore the big 3, or big 2, or soon to be big 1(my grand children will follow one piece at this rate) as they're covered well in other threads (except maybe bleach)
Re: Anime General by acenazt: 11:35am On Apr 12, 2015
my bros I dey see dat evangelion but I no dey download am how the show be like?.
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2015
acenazt:
my bros I dey see dat evangelion but I no dey download am how the show be like?.

well....

Hmmm

What kind of anime do u like?

I ask as it's not for everyone. Even I didn't think much of it until something like 10 years after I initially saw it. It makes many powerful statements, easily more so than any other anime I've seen, but if you're not thinking you'll miss them

If you just want action sha you can just watch the new evangelion rebuild movies. You may not understand what's going on (even old fans may get lost) but at least you'll get to see some excellent eye candy
Re: Anime General by acenazt: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
wiegraf:

well....

Hmmm

What kind of anime do u like?

I ask as it's not for everyone. Even I didn't think much of it until something like 10 years after I initially saw it. It makes many powerful statements, easily more so than any other anime I've seen, but if you're not thinking you'll miss them

If you just want action sha you can just watch the new evangelion rebuild movies. You may not understand what's going on (even old fans may get lost) but at least you'll get to see some excellent eye candy
I like action (shounen) like Naruto,Bleach,one piece,attack on the titans,full metal alchemist etc
Re: Anime General by Ultimatesammie(m): 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
acenazt:
I like action (shounen) like Naruto,Bleach,one piece,attack on the titans,full metal alchemist etc
do u know any other action superpowered like anime apart frm the ones u mentioned nd not fairy tail too I feel like watching something intense just like those ones.
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 7:26pm On Apr 12, 2015
acenazt:

Eva is supposed to be shounen, but the mc here is most definitely NOT your typical shounen hero

Let's just say he has issues, as do the whole main cast. And the main draw of the show is how they (don't) deal with them, not the giant monsters (despite their awesome)

Through the show sef they don't even give you details of what's happening. Rather bewildering considering the plot is excellent. As a hint though: humanity are essentially the bad guys. The giant monsters aren't called angels for no reason

Plenty action and explosiveness in the rebuild movies, try them. If curious then you can then go back to original TV series. Rebuild isn't finished yet. 3 movies out of 4 so far. If you've seen the first 2 and they aren't your cup of tea then just dump the series

1 Like

Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

do u know any other action superpowered like anime apart frm the ones u mentioned nd not fairy tail too I feel like watching something intense just like those ones.

If you're looking for long running, have you seen hunter x hunter yet?
Re: Anime General by Ultimatesammie(m): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
wiegraf:

If you're looking for long running, have you seen hunter x hunter yet?
No hv hrd of it though how gud is it, wat is it abt.
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

No hv hrd of it though how gud is it, wat is it abt.

Iirc similar to naruto in many ways. I'm not much of a fan personally so can't really comment on how good per se, but i can see how it would appeal to traditional shounen fans

There's also d. Grayman. I never saw the anime but read a lot of the manga. It was good, clean fun for me, if not totally epic. Anime supposedly stays true to that form. I'd say it were more similar to FMA

Also read some oh great: tenjou tenge and air gear. Both are written as if he was on some of the best high one could possibly attain, convulted messes as plots, but with excellent artwork and great action. The animes are supposedly true to their sources as well, and I'd have them as similar to bleach
Re: Anime General by Ultimatesammie(m): 1:43am On Apr 13, 2015
wiegraf:

Iirc similar to naruto in many ways. I'm not much of a fan personally so can't really comment on how good per se, but i can see how it would appeal to traditional shounen fans

There's also d. Grayman. I never saw the anime but read a lot of the manga. It was good, clean fun for me, if not totally epic. Anime supposedly stays true to that form. I'd say it were more similar to FMA

Also read some oh great: tenjou tenge and air gear. Both are written as if he was on some of the best high one could possibly attain, convulted messes as plots, but with excellent artwork and great action. The animes are supposedly true to their sources as well, and I'd have them as similar to bleach

Thanks
Re: Anime General by acenazt: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

d gray man,kiba,afro samurai,
Re: Anime General by JUHABACH: 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

hunter x hunter
code geasse
hitman! reborn
Re: Anime General by persona: 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
anyone who likes anime should follow doujutsuNG on twitter. Trying to promote anime in Nigeria.support us

1 Like

Re: Anime General by persona: 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
they have a website too.They upload anime reviews n etc
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2015
persona:
anyone who likes anime should follow doujutsuNG on twitter. Trying to promote anime in Nigeria.support us

What's the URL ser? Quick google doesn't yield results
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 7:46am On Apr 17, 2015
Reddit anime is currently voting for their favorite anime

Bastards eliminated evangelion. How dare they?

Tears asides, the bastards have a fairly good selection which one could use for recommendations. You can view their results here

On a playa' hatin' note, it seems stein's;gate will win. Really? At least eva went down to the winner. It's also the only show from pre-2000. The only one not in the top 200 at MAL to get into the last 8, etc etc

They still have $hit taste though... Bastards

1 Like

Re: Anime General by persona: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Aha, still dodging work...for now...

Will post gifs and links later (but you can try www.kissanime.com, which has glorious HD streams of just about everything), but if you've not seen ufotable's fate/zero and fate/stay night: unlimited blade works, I have to ponder what you're waiting on

Note, I wouldn't recommend studio deen's take on the fate series, which features profound pithy such as

No, ufotable's fate/zero from 2011 (I think) and their unlimited blade work series from last year and the currently running season 2

This weeks episode will be remembered for a long time, just as certain bits of fate/zero have been somewhat immortalized, eg kururugi vs kotomine. Ufotable seem bent on at least matching the high standards they set with fate/zero, and maybe even topping it

This week also saw guilty crown

The less said about it the better....

And currently bones' gosick. Not a big fan of bones, other than the original FMA I tend to find them pretentious (I'm one to talk, abi?). Though there's no denying they are excellent at creating ambience.

Gosick though has so far been......very good all round, surprisingly. Some measure of suspension of disbelief is required. This of course usually isn't a bad thing, i mean it's anime, but as they're going for realism it's a little jarring. But that's the only complaint. It's a great show
Re: Anime General by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Lol @ people die if they are killed. Might be a translatiob problem. I hope. Cos that reminds me of Nollywood scripts.

You have killed me, so i will die.
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
musKeeto:
Lol @ people die if they are killed. Might be a translatiob problem. I hope. Cos that reminds me of Nollywood scripts.

You have killed me, so i will die.

heheh. I guess he meant to say, considering context, that if all parties continue with their shenanigans people will die. That doesn't stop us haters from milking that line though, as it brilliantly sums up most of what is wrong with show. Namely; the MC. Especially his silly, inane preaching. Not that it's the only problem, but maybe the most annoying

Re: Anime General by persona: 10:55am On May 31, 2015
Re: Anime General by wiegraf: 3:54am On Aug 05, 2015
persona:
Best anime this season-http://doujutsu.com/2015/top-5-anime-this-season/

Bump

So at the end of the season, what was good?

I only saw UBW, which was excellent despite its losing some steam towards the end
Re: Anime General by tegak10: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2015
hunter x hunter 2011 t should have replaced bleah in d big 3 f not that d writer s sick

Sword art online

Watch those

(1) (Reply)

http://www.mobofree.com/nigeria/seller/4324874 / Black American Actor Michael Jai Is Transformed Into A White Person For A Movie / $2.79B, Avenger Endgame Overtakes Avatar As Highest Grossing Movie In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.