Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

A Thorn In The Flesh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thorn In The Flesh (404 Views)

How To Overcome The Flesh Daily / O' Christians Why Do You Consume The Flesh Of The Swine / How A Believer Can Kill The Flesh Because The Flesh Can Make A Christian Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Thorn In The Flesh by Micheydy(m): 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]Read 2Corinthians 12:7-9

"12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure".
2Corinthians 12:7.

The word "thorn" communicates the idea of pain, trouble, sufferings, humiliation, or physical infirmities, but not temptation to sin (Gal. 4:13-14).
1. Paul's thorn remain undefined, so those with any "thorn" might readily apply the spiritual lesson of this passage to themselves.
2. Paul's thorn was attributed to demonic activity or origin. Permitted yet limited by God (Job 2:1ff).
3. At the same time Paul's thorn was given to him to keep him from becoming proud over revelation he had received.
4. Paul's thorn kept him dependent in greater measure on divine grace (v.9; Hebrew 12:10).

As the creator of everything, God can use anything, anybody, any situation or circumstance as a thorn just to humble you and keep you for Himself to bring to pass what He had purposed your life for.

At times God can keep the thorn there in other to remodel you to be suitable for the place He is taking you to, and when He sees that you are fit then He removes the thorn. You have to be careful as a TRUE Christian not to misbehave when He is preparing you for a special assignment and you think He had forsaken you.
Be wise.

For more of this like the page below:

www.facebook.com/undylutedgospel

BBM: 220E3CA7.

(1) (Reply)

Please Read!!!! / Is The Bible The Ultimate Book Of Life? / Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.