Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Step Mothers In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Step Mothers In Nigeria (1282 Views)

Happy Mothers Day To All The Good Mothers In The World / Why Do Step-mothers Hate Their Steps Son? / Question To All D Mothers In D House Is Dis Ryt??? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step Mothers In Nigeria by uncjay(m): 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
I decide to limit myself to the confinement of the
Nigeria society, as I have never been outside the
four walls of this country. Though there might be
similar occurrence outside as regard the issues of
step mothers but let's limit our discussion to the
ones here in Nigeria.

There are so many question as to why the role of
step mothers an issue in various societies of this
country, some step mom are naturally evil and
desperately wicked and they don't hide it at all,
some are also wicked but they heed theirs, and
some are naturally very good that one will wish she
was his/her biological mother.

My case was no difference; I have this very cunning
and manipulative step mother, she is a kind of
person that will always appear with this pure heart
and gentle character but the soul is a mixture of
total wickedness and fragment of kindness, which
leaves me at times very difficult to critically define
her true nature. She will tend to love you in the
presence of people but in the inside is hostility.
considering her did toward you is nothing but
wickedness.

To make matters worst I approach my father with
the issue, he just disregard it that I'm been
delusional and should stop thinking in a negative
way, this is not about thinking the wrong way, but
about how she treats me badly and yet behave as
though all she's doing is fair and my dad usually
believes her. Ranging from food in the house to
other activities, she just take pleasure in punishing
me and I ask myself what is my offence, she give me
every burnt part of the cooked meals and I have no
say whatsoever. Yet she make me work as if I were
some kind of slave. I don't have time to read at all.
Anytime I pick up my book to read that is the very
time I need to do something for her. She can call
you hundred times a day leaving you with no time
for yourself.

Can you imaging there was a day she compelled me
to work tirelessly throughout and the next day I felt
very sick, that I couldn't move myself and all she
could say was that, who do you thing you are
cajoling, just because of the little sweeping you did
yesterday, you are now pretending today? That
statement pained me a lot. I spend roughly a week
broke down with the illness.

One day I met my dad at his small garden and I try
explaining issues to him, to my surprise he did not
disregard me which I was expecting him to do as
usual, instead he told me to endure it that he knows
what he was doing. I was like so you've always
noticed it and yet you do nothing but he told me not
to worry about it, instead I should endure and focus
on my education and future, because according to
him, she can do anything to harm me in the future
which could be even worst than what I'm facing
now, so rather than fighting it I should pretend I'm
okay with everything till I leave them.

I wish to leave that house for the campus but they
won't let me, maybe because I have this special
attachment with my dad, anywhere he goes I'm
always the first person he takes along. To be
sincere, I do not have the best of step mother and I
have witness other people with different stories and
versions of step mothers.

Women I think are supposed to be loving, tender
hearted and caring but why is it that some especially step moms (though not all) have dreadful and wicked heart towards another woman's children.

Kindly share your own experience and probably
profer some possible solutions on how issues like
this can be tackled.
Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by KanwuliaJara: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
CWS!

Christian WINCH Syndrome! grin

1 Like

Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by uncjay(m): 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
CWS!

Christian WINCH Syndrome! grin
meaning
Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by KanwuliaJara: 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
uncjay:
meaning

A CHRISTIAN STEP MOTHER IS THE WORST THING THAT CAN BEFALL ANY CHILD IN NIGERIA OR ACRICA AS A WHOLE!!!!!

The most miserable of all WITCHES!

Taaaaaaaa!!!!!!! cry cry cry
Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hmm, my own first step mother sent my brother away on d day he finished his last paper waec.she was true to her words cos she had told them b4 that the only thing they ll be able to enjoy from our father is secondary school and no more. So d day he finished officially, she sent him paxking. To think this was d same woman dat when she wasn't inb yet, was very nice to them. She's like the no 1 person my bro never wantss to never get hear of his any of his successes now.
Maybe u need to leave that house. Ur an adult I presume and so I can tell ur father u want to go stay in skul hostel and dats ur final decision. But I'm afraid she won't want to lose her househelp so she might tell ur father to not send u pocket money et al if u decide to leave. Btw, ur gfather is aware but why isn't he doing anything. Is he afraid of a potential harm from the woman? Try finding out and make sure u don't leave ur father to her hands lest she ruins him. At d same time, u need to start standing up for urself, or else ull remain her househelp for life. Let her know ur old enough and she can't be treating u like a child.
U know its funny, my bro left home hustled and hustled, got into a polytechjnic, got a job, sponsored himself into uni (while still working partime) and now he's d same one giving money to my step sisters( d woman's children). Ill tell u what, u need to leave and stay on ur own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by uncjay(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

A CHRISTIAN STEP MOTHER IS THE WORST THING THAT CAN BEFALL ANY CHILD IN NIGERIA OR ACRICA AS A WHOLE!!!!!

The most miserable of all WITCHES!

Taaaaaaaa!!!!!!! cry cry cry
I think you are been bias here, you are not weighing it rationally, anyway that's your opinion...
Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by KanwuliaJara: 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
uncjay:
I think you are been bias here, you are not weighing it rationally, anyway that's your opinion...

My opinion, like my a-hole is all that counts!

Amen!!!! cool
Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by uncjay(m): 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
qbd2:
Hmm, my own first step mother sent my brother away on d day he finished his last paper waec.she was true to her words cos she had told them b4 that the only thing they ll be able to enjoy from our father is secondary school and no more. So d day he finished officially, she sent him paxking. To think this was d same woman dat when she wasn't inb yet, was very nice to them. She's like the no 1 person my bro never wantss to never get hear of his any of his successes now.
Maybe u need to leave that house. Ur an adult I presume and so I can tell ur father u want to go stay in skul hostel and dats ur final decision. But I'm afraid she won't want to lose her househelp so she might tell ur father to not send u pocket money et al if u decide to leave. Btw, ur gfather is aware but why isn't he doing anything. Is he afraid of a potential harm from the woman? Try finding out and make sure u don't leave ur father to her hands lest she ruins him. At d same time, u need to start standing up for urself, or else ull remain her househelp for life. Let her know ur old enough and she can't be treating u like a child.
U know its funny, my bro left home hustled and hustled, got into a polytechjnic, got a job, sponsored himself into uni (while still working partime) and now he's d same one giving money to my step sisters( d woman's children). Ill tell u what, u need to leave and stay on ur own.
thankx very much I hav been considering taking a drastic step of such.
Re: Step Mothers In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
I don't think it's only step mother. I remember when i was staying with my uncle and his wife. She is gonna act nice whenever my mum is around, but suddenly act wicked after my mum depart. Dat woman fit act pass Funke Akindele. I think you should still discuss the issue with ur Dad, or any close member of your family who ur Dad respect alot.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

24 Things A Mother Should Teach Her Daughter Before Marriage!!! / Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. / Saving Rent As A Bachelor: Renting A Room Or Sharing A Flat– Which One Is Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.