Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Badagry; A Land Gradually Losing Its Historical Essence - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Badagry; A Land Gradually Losing Its Historical Essence (590 Views)

Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Badagry; A Land Gradually Losing Its Historical Essence by TheInkheart(f): 1:26am On Apr 13, 2015
I'm a big fan of African history especially Nigeria's. I love to read about it, hear about it and visit those historical sites whenever I have the chance to. These wonderful stories about my ancestors always want me to hold on to my identity as an African lady and not lose it in the name of "trend". It is always an exciting experience for me when I discover something new about the historical background of the giant of Africa; Nigeria and so you can imagine my joy when bae decided to take me to Badagry to visit the slave relics museum, the slave cells and the point of no return. I was so excited about my visit that I woke up too early, made sure he was awake too and dragged him out before noon (as we had initially planned to go in the afternoon). All through the night, I had refreshed my imaginations of what the place would be like; big, old and still filled with the pains and misery of the slaves captured. I painted a picture so grand in my head that when got to the slave relics museum, I was arguing with bae that we were in the wrong place.The museum is a very small building painted reddish brown or something like that and apart from few badly inscribed words on some parts of the wall and the entrance, you would not know the building holds a major part of African history. After doing the necessary things, the museum door was opened for us and boy, was I disappointed; it was even smaller than I imagined. Were there really relics? Not really. Apart from the heavy chains, mouth padlocks, cannon guns, cowries (very unique ones), the slaves' drinking bowl (that got me shivering in the hot room), there was really nothing to see. Although the guide made us feel there were really more to the museum as he shared really

Click here to read more http://www.theinkheartblog.com/badagry-a-land-gradually-losing-its-historical-essence
Re: Badagry; A Land Gradually Losing Its Historical Essence by Funjosh(m): 7:07am On Apr 13, 2015
Write everything here for us to read before refering us to your blog undecided
Re: Badagry; A Land Gradually Losing Its Historical Essence by TheInkheart(f): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2015
Yes sir...

(1) (Reply)

Mr/miss Culture Akwa Ibom 2015 Pageant / Help Us Understand Nigeria Better! / Being A Man Is A Lonely Business (endure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.