Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince (1411 Views)

A Family Remembers A Rare Gem 17 Years / History In Jos As Church Conducts Mass Wedding For 52 Couples / History In Jos As Church Conducts Mass Wedding For 52 Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by Lilyomi(f): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
Brunei’s Prince Abdul Malik, 31,
exchanged vows with Dayangku
Raabi’atul ‘Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji
Bolkiah, 22, in a lavish celebration in
which both bride and groom wear
gold outfits adorned with diamonds
and other precious stones.
The bride carried a bouquet made of
gems rather than flowers, wore shoes
by Christian Louboutin, the French
designer, and had a diamond
necklace with a central pendant of
three grape-sized emeralds.
The Sultan, an oil and gas potentate
who is one of the world’s richest
men, has five sons and seven
daughters from three marriages.
Guests at the ceremony were treated
afterwards to a banquet in a palace
hall that can accommodate 5,000
guests.
The bride wore crystal-studded
shoes (Olivia Harris/Reuters)
The wedding festivities began on
April 5 and are due to continue
until Wednesday.
Brunei, a former British protectorate
of about 400,000 on Borneo island,
is run as an absolutist Muslim
monarchy by the Sultan, 67.
Prince Abdul Malik and his bride
(Reuters)
Political discontent is limited thanks
to a high standard of living and free
education and health care, although
members of the royal family have
been criticised for their extravagant
lifestyles.
Michael Jackson, the late pop singer,
was reportedly paid more than £10
million to give a concert in Brunei in
1996 to mark the sultan’s 50th
birthday.
Last year, the sultan caused
controversy by introducing Sharia
criminal law, which allows for
punishments including stoning,
whipping and amputation.
Source: telegraph.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by joystickextendr: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
lovely smiley
Re: Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by Lilyomi(f): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
joystickextendr:
lovely smiley
i think is too lavish n da blings are too much. Well maybe jus me
Re: Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by joystickextendr: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Lilyomi:
i think is too lavish n da blings are too much. Well maybe jus me

well yea your right buh u knw its all about showing off and they have endless oil reserve am sure they re passing a msg to the British royal family smiley
Re: Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by Lilyomi(f): 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
joystickextendr:

well yea your right buh u knw its all about showing off and they have endless oil reserve am sure they re passing a msg to the British royal family smiley
Lol. That royal family is no more as rich as they were.

1 Like

Re: Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by ThaRuthlxx7: 5:39am On Apr 15, 2015
That guy is fvcking rich.. Like things this way.
Re: Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by Ewuro4: 6:12am On Apr 15, 2015
I bet that shoe is custom made. The strap is a bangle.

God dey.

1 Like

Re: Sultans Of Bling: Gem- Encrusted Wedding For Brunei Prince by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2015
The anklet is not attached to d shoe.

I thought it was too lavish until I remembered Lavish has levels. Most of us will spend as much as we can on our weddings while these people may not even feel what they spent. we are probably more lavish than they are.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo (Which country did this happen?) / Goats Helping Each Other To Attain Greater Height. Lets Learn To Help Each Other / How My Wife And I Got This Land-cruiser At Just 26 Years Of Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.