Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,664 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation (2652 Views)

Where Yoruba And Igbo Peoples Meet - Ugbodu, Delta State. / What's The Difference Between Calabar And Akwa Ibom Apart From Location? / When Would Yoruba Men Start Marrying Igbo Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by tonychristopher: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
I am have noticed this trend and I have observed this, please this is not about tribal bashing or superiority and inferiority just a humble observation I have noticed here in lagos ..i was at off Allen avenue and I noticed this calabar woman and this Yoruba woman both are selling food and I noticed that everybody was going to the calabar woman place to eat even the Yoruba, this has happened over and over and I know some will attribute it to jazz but it is not. I have eaten both women food and I think I prefer the calabr kitchen due to the igbo food that she cooks.

Now I visited a friend in Victoria Island there is this lady that sells Ofe akwu and white soup with rice and I know that this is a great igbo food mehn see as other tribe full now just a stone throw is this Ijebu woman also selling rice and that stew but fewer people. Please I am confused cos it seems that Yoruba people don’t like their women food. I noticed it even in my flat I receive many visitors especially of Yoruba wanting to eat our food but I rarely eat theirs.

Now another observation is the Yoruba obsession with igbo women, most rich Yoruba men go for igbo women some even see igbo women as prized venture courtesy fani kayoed, he lately bought one igbo girl 2015 RANGE ROVER now the question I have to ask also why do yorubas don’t find their women food attractive and desirable. I have met so many of my close Yoruba friends saying they wish to marry from other tribes and not their wives. The reasons they gave me ids very cogent, I will not say it here to avoid tribal warfare. If you can notice its is higher Yoruba men marrying out of their tribes..why is this? I am working on a project on African sociological attributes in determining a mate. I think that Yoruba men desire other tribes woman more that their women. I stand to be corrected but we need fact.

This is not a tribal bashing thread please.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
The pic just made it qualified for tribal bashing... Oh don't worry about me... Am as ibo as it gets.... But I still love exploring other tribes.... #saynototribalism...
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Zaikon(m): 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
I cant just help OP coz u ar kind of installing tribalism in your state mind you #MYOPINION
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by CountDracula(m): 8:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
Why all dis igbo topics... Its startin to become boring...
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
Cos we make good wives and our food is simply irresistible!! cheesy
#ProudlyIgbo

No disrespect to the Yoruba ladies, y'all are amazing too, and for the record I luv amala n ewedu smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
undecided undecided

I'm ibo but I think Yorubas have got more exotic looking women.
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Come to Calabar and see what a perfect runz girl looks like.
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hmmmm I dunno, maybe because Igbo and Calabar women go wash toto and use the water take spice their food and Yoruba women don't?
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by tobtap: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
because of BEDMATICS cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by OgenemaroKessy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
I Love Yoruba Babes, the Big ones cos that is my spec. I don't give a Bleep about food cos I never seen a Woman that can defeat me in Kitchen. I will be proud to teach her how to cook provided she got a good character and she must be Bold & Beautiful. Hippy kind. Cheers just my opinion thou.
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Fulaman198(m): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
All of Nigeria is blessed with beautiful women.
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by francizy(m): 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Cos we make good wives and our food is simply irresistible!! cheesy
#ProudlyIgbo

No disrespect to the Yoruba ladies, y'all are amazing too, and for the record I luv amala n ewedu smiley

I hope you know how to cook, with all these mouth making... undecided tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Igbo this... Yoruba that... when would this whole tribalisitic s.hi.t end?
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 15, 2015
dimples2:
undecided undecided

chisos!haaa u can lie o.which ibo?chukwu n'ele gi na 4D o
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 15, 2015
Akpola aha nna'm n'ihe i' namaghi

Kpachara anya gi nne!
CheeNayNay:
chisos!haaa u can lie o.which ibo?chukwu n'ele gi na 4D o

Kpachara anya gi nne!
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
dimples2:

Kpachara anya gi nne!

Kpachara anya gi nne!
duhhhh,ur not the only person with "dimples'" as a moniker.
i probably mistook u for someone.go rest biko
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Exotic look of.
Bleaching their bodies with hair relaxer.
Fake eyelashes.
Badly drawn tats.
Repulsive make ups.
Poor personal hygiene.
Multiple earrings and nose rings like Dennis Rodman.

dimples2:
undecided undecided

Your not serious with your exotic look, exotic ko outterspace ni
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 17, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Exotic look of.
Bleaching their bodies with hair relaxer.
Fake eyelashes.
Badly drawn tats.
Repulsive make ups.
Poor personal hygiene.
Multiple earrings and nose rings like Dennis Rodman.

Your not serious with your exotic look, exotic ko outterspace ni

When I mean exotic I mean different, peculiar, striking, unfamiliar, unusual!

Most of our igbo ladies have regular or familiar beauty.

All I said are based on the yoruba ladies I have come across.

I have met ibo ladies that adorn themselves with all those ornaments you listed above.

And yes, I am serious it is my opinion undecided
Let's stop promoting tribalism bikonu embarassed
Re: Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 19, 2015
Apart from the wide variety of delicious Calabar/Efik delicacies- nothing else really.

(1) (Reply)

Baddest Babalawo Ever Liveth: Photos Of This Babalawo Will Shock You / Oranmiyan Officially Recognized As First Oba Of Benin. / Mothers Day March 2nd ,,give Your Testimony To Your Mother Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.