Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,132 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! (998 Views)

Why My Car Fuel Always Dropped From Fuel Guage / 'top Gear' Host James May Says Won't Return Without Clarkson / Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear Host, Suspended By BBC After 'fracas' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! by DaimlerBen(m): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2015

Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed after an "unprovoked physical attack" on a Top Gear producer, the BBC's director general has confirmed.
Tony Hall said he had "not taken this decision lightly" and recognised it would "divide opinion". However, he added "a line has been crossed" and he "cannot condone what has happened on this occasion".
Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, following what was called a "fracas" with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon.
The row, which took place in a Yorkshire hotel, was said to have occurred because no hot food was provided following a day's filming.
An internal investigation began last week, led by Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland. It found that Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".
"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip." It lasted "around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness," Mr MacQuarrie noted in his report.
"The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period" and "contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack" Mr Tymon, who believed he had lost his job…...
Re: Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! by dotna(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2015
Wow wow wow, didn't expect it to get this bad. How will top gear survive? He is what top gear is about. Even the US version of top gear can not be as popular like him

1 Like

Re: Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! by mejai(m): 6:36am On Apr 14, 2015
Damn. my fav program. gonna miss him, captain slow and Hammond. not forgetting 'some say' but all we know he's called d stig. well on that bomb shell.... I hope to see u guys on anoda show. cry

2 Likes

Re: Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! by Denn(m): 7:13am On Apr 15, 2015
Good riddance.

It's a car show and not a macho hunt...

His jokes are usually off the radar too.

Top gear has gotten so dry these days. New blood pls.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! by mikkyphp(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2015
old gist...
Re: Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! by princealexndre(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
i am not watching top gear again if jeremy is gone.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson Dropped From Top Gear! by AgreatMan: 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
bad news: jeremy was dropped.
great news: james may and richard hammond have also 'resigned' from d rubbish BBC.

topgear was a show which thrived on violence n dirty talks, somebody was going to get punched along d way.

sorry BBC, nobody is going to watch ur topgear again. the three guys will team up, get another production team and start another program as if nothing ever changed.

heard they r bringing in some pathetic albino to replace jeremy. RIP topgear, u used to be my best show.

(1) (Reply)

Check In My Toyota Camry Big Light / Faulty Honda EOD 2002 Model / Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.