Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:15 PM

Where Are They? The Superwriters. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where Are They? The Superwriters. (1513 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 14, 2015
I don't know if anyone has noticed the gradual disappearance of our long time ago super writers like Audrey Timms,royver,kingzpen,repogirl,frank316,Ishilove,Tiffany J and a whole lot of them? Aside that,this literature section is gradually becoming uninteresting. Don't get me wrong by thinking persons are no longer writing interesting stories,they are and of course putting in their very best to see that this section moves on but if u notice there are differences in the way we comment. I really don't know what's happening. If u have any idea of what is going on please do well to drop your comments. No abuse(s) please.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Luvties(m): 12:25am On Apr 14, 2015
Am still around just been busy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 14, 2015
Luvties:
Am still around just been busy.
Oh.....okay. But don't u think it would be nice to make corrections,predictions just to boost the passion for those that are still writing like it used to be? You know that's how we get the fun in this section
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Divepen1(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2015
mama... repogirl..discussion on the matter on top of the floored ground
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by repogirl(f): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2015
Hi Divepen1, what can I really say nao? The super writers I know are kinda discouraged by two main factors..... plagiarism and the need to take their writing to a higher level.

The mods here have tried to do something bout the plagiarism thing, I'm not too sure about it effectiveness yet though.

Now on the second factor, writers are tired of hearing 'You're good', 'you're talented', if they were, they should be making some profit off it. Also how can one shelve out time to write and isn't rewarded in some other way aside 'when is the next update?'. Time is money, remember?

That's why after the euphoria of being a sportswriters wears off, realisation sets in and they realise being a nairaland superwriter isn't going to add much value to their lives and so they focus on what will.

This is.My own view anyway, and the view from a few others I have spoken with.

BTW, readers hardly comment these days, the ratio of the comments to the number of views is quite depressing.

4 Likes

Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Divepen1(m): 8:43am On Apr 14, 2015
repogirl:
Hi Divepen1, what can I really say nao? The super writers I know are kinda discouraged by two main factors..... plagiarism and the need to take their writing to a higher level.

The mods here have tried to do something bout the plagiarism thing, I'm not too sure about it effectiveness yet though.

Now on the second factor, writers are tired of hearing 'You're good', 'you're talented', if they were, they should be making some profit off it. Also how can one shelve out time to write and isn't rewarded in some other way aside 'when is the next update?'. Time is money, remember?

That's why after the euphoria of being a sportswriters wears off, realisation sets in and they realise being a nairaland superwriter isn't going to add much value to their lives and so they focus on what will.

BTW, readers hardly comment these days, the ratio of the comments to the number of views is quite depressing.

You are right... Na short story fit do am ...
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 14, 2015
Divepen1:

You are right... Na short story fit do am ...
Like seriously,repogirl is so right,never even thought of that.Like u said short stories will do
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by rapmike(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2015
I don't buy into the excuses that have been given here. Repogirl is certainly right about the money aspect ( and yes, I think about it too. Am sure almost everyone that wrote here have thought about it one way or the other). But the fact is that the correcting and editing part, helping new and existing writers with your comments should not die down. All writers in this section have fans but its very hard for one to spot a good constructive critic here and it hurts ( personally for me it hurts). I begin to wonder if they could just come around and encourage and constructively critique other writers work, the quality around here will improve.

That's my submission.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Divepen1(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
rapmike:
I don't buy into the excuses that have been given here. Repogirl is certainly right about the money aspect ( and yes, I think about it too. Am sure almost everyone that wrote here have thought about it one way or the other). But the fact is that the correcting and editing part, helping new and existing writers with your comments should not die down. All writers in this section have fans but its very hard for one to spot a good constructive critic here and it hurts ( personally for me it hurts). I begin to wonder if they could just come around and encourage and constructively critique other writers work, the quality around here will improve.

That's my submission.
Thanks for that
We will correct this behavior
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
rapmike:

That's my submission.
That a nice contribution rapmike,thanks for stopping by.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Divepen1:

Thanks for that
We will correct this behavior
divepen1,you've been really of help to this thread,thanks a bunch....
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Divepen1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wininiel:
divepen1,you've been really of help to this thread,thanks a bunch....
Welcome
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by D9ty7(m): 4:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
repogirl:

No one could have said it any better.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by D9ty7(m): 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
rapmike:

That's my submission.
Oga Rapmike is right too
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by thepatroit: 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
I don't mean to be nosy, but the last time I communicated with Audrey Timms, she was having eye-sight issues.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
thepatroit:
I don't mean to be nosy, but the last time I communicated with Audrey Timms, she was having eye-sight issues.
oh...oh... That's no good.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Dyoungstar: 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Looking for real life - food don't land on your table by mere "you're good"

Soldier go soldier come barracks still remain.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dyoungstar:
Looking for real life - food don't land on your table by mere "you're good"

Soldier go soldier come barracks still remain.
yes,but that doesn't or shouldn't stop them from encouraging and making corrections to the upcoming writers.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Dyoungstar: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Wininiel:
yes,but that doesn't or shouldn't stop them from encouraging and making corrections to the upcoming writers.

Okay ma'am.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by TheFilmmaker: 9:08am On Apr 18, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Okay ma'am.

Hey bro, I'd love to be involved in your shooting next month. Are you on BBM or Whatsapp? Please share contacts.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by Dyoungstar: 10:24am On Apr 18, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

Hey bro, I'd love to be involved in your shooting next month. Are you on BBM or Whatsapp? Please share contacts.

Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by rapmike(m): 2:00am On Apr 19, 2015
thepatroit:

Really? She should get well soon.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by 2scorehigh(m): 9:34am On Apr 19, 2015
repogirl:

You are right. You are not the only person with that same view.

Can you imagine? After taking my time to write my story and someone somewhere comes here to copy everything verbatim and posts it on his Facebook page and even takes it further by asking his fans to give him 20 shares, 30 likes, 40 comments and things like that for him to make the next episode available to them?

Ha ha ha...

Monki dey work; baboon dey shop abi?
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by repogirl(f): 10:27am On Apr 19, 2015
2scorehigh:

Can you imagine? After taking my time to write my story and someone somewhere comes here to copy everything verbatim and posts it on his Facebook page and even takes it further by asking his fans to give him 20 shares, 30 likes, 40 comments and things like that for him to make the next episode available to them?

Ha ha ha...

yes ooooo, I just even caught one doing the exact thing you just said on his profile page on Facebook. He has to add you as a friend first... His profile is Adams Emmanuel McCoy.

Onihaxy, you work is there ooo and some others, he claims he got a permit but I know its a lie because he doesn't mention the name of the real authors, people think he is the author.

It seems as literature section has tried to clamp down on them, they have moved to the sexuality section.
Re: Where Are They? The Superwriters. by beyonDskygirl(f): 12:18am On Apr 23, 2015
2scorehigh:

Ha ha ha...

Aha....now I get it. I hope with the new government all of these will CHANGE. If you had the chance to meet with those that plagarize your work what would you wish to do to them?

(1) (Reply)

Join Me To Wish Larry Sun Happy Birthday / [story] Manager’s Villa (rated 18+)...part 6 / Poem :The JOURNEY OF A MAN BY WISDOM NWEDENE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.