Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) (1207 Views)

Girl Behind Famous Meme Is All Grown Up / Top Five Most Used Catchphrases/words On Nairaland 2015 / How Much Will Seun Give The Winner Of Miss Nairaland 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:56am On Apr 14, 2015
Nairaland is the biggest online forum in Africa and popularity on Nairaland can even get you personal benefits- you can get job offers, connections and even boyfriends/girlfriends. One can really make gains by understanding the politics of Nairaland.

So, let us examine the new ways of getting popular on Nairaland-

5) Kiss the bottom of moderators
Flattery is the best tool of deception. If you can get a moderator (or better, supermod) to like and follow you, you will have it all- closer access to the front-page for your threads, escape from bans, getting easy bans for your "e-enemies" (or is it "e-nemies?). We all know how some people have become popular because moderators have deemed their threads to be generally "front-page worthy". So, dear Nairalanders, put on your best lipstick and get ready to kiss the behind of your favourite moderator. Praise them to the high heavens.

4) Bash women (and sometimes men) a lot on the romance/sexuality section
For some unknown reason, the romance section remains one of the most popular sections on Nairaland. It remains the only section that you can type with your butt-cheeks and still make the front page (Please don't literally try this at home- farts destroy keyboards). Of late, bashing women in the romance section has become a consistent means to front-page access. It is very simple- just write 10 negative things (a list thread) about women. Good examples are "Things That Girls Secretly Envy About Guys" and "How To Spot Ladies Desperately Looking For Boyfriends".

3) Give lots of verbal smackdowns
We Nigerians love drama and especially dramatic beef. It is no surprise that Nairalanders like eating online popcorn when people start throwing fights on different sections. If you know how to logically destroy other people's arguments and humiliate them in an e-argument, you will get cheerleaders. If you throw these smackdowns a lot, you will become a master/mistress of drama and people will be begging you to come on threads to verbally destroy arrogant OP's. On Nairaland we have many undisputed heavyweights of e-insulting- they pack a muscular and aggressive set of replies for those whose opinions don't match theirs.

2) Add swag to your profile (your pics and celebrity pics too)
This works better for girls. If you look good or are in a beautiful environment, put the pictures on your profile or create a thread full of such pictures. Seeing is believing. Guys will follow you like mad if you are a beautiful girl. Also, if you are a handsome guy with money, this works well. If you have pictures of you abroad, create a thread showcasing your global exploits. If you have a picture with celebrities, post it and it will make front-page.

Please, for the love of God, do not post nonsense pictures! If you are not fine, please save yourself from the wrath of the verbal "Hulk Hogans" in point number 3 above. Also, pictures of your travels to Ghana, Chad etc do not qualify as "abroad". Here in France, we don't differentiate between Ghana and Nigeria!!!

1) Post a lot of interesting/controversial threads
Hard work beats talent always. The best and most rewarding way to fame on Nairaland is to post interesting and helpful topics for your fellow Nairalanders. Even controversial topics are good too. The more you post, the more you will get popular.

source

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by joseph1832(m): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2015
You forgot the most important one, BEING REAL!!!.
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2015
joseph1832:
You forgot the most important one, BEING REAL!!!.

You are my guy but....SHARRAP THERE! grin

Many nairaland celebs are fake people in real life.

There is no "real" on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by joseph1832(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

You are my guy but....SHARRAP THERE! grin

Many nairaland celebs are fake people in real life.

There is no "real" on nairaland.
Bro you're wrong! I am "real". As real as you're reading this post right now!

Remember the Romance section is not the only section in Nairaland, that's where you have fake and childish people the most!. Pay a visit to jobs and vacancy, you will see a lot of real people there!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
joseph1832:
Bro you're wrong! I am "real". As real as you're reading this post right now!

Remember the Romance section is not the only section in Nairaland, that's where you have fake and childish people the most!. Pay a visit to jobs and vacancy, you will see a lot of real people there!.

We are saying the same thing. NL celebs are mostly from that section.

I know you are real. However, sensible people are not too many.
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by joseph1832(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

We are saying the same thing. NL celebs are mostly from that section.

I know you are real. However, sensible people are not too many.
LMAO!. So true, but you can always detect the sensible ones from the dumb ones.

Its also a known fact that in reality, many Nigerians are not sensible. Not to mince words, many Nigerians are halfwits!. Why do I say so, because only an eediot would believe adding salt to water can cure Ebola!. Lmao.
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
joseph1832:
LMAO!. So true, but you can always detect the sensible ones from the dumb ones.

Its also a known fact that in reality, many Nigerians are not sensible. Not to mince words, many Nigerians are halfwits!. Why do I say so, because only an eediot would believe adding salt to water can cure Ebola!. Lmao.

It is only on NL that a popular moniker will call another Nlander a "fool" while hypocritically believing that people can get married to spirit wives!

1 Like

Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
well to each his own,that tin about being real on nl only butress a fact that u can always hold ur ground even wen u are wrong,dont 4get dat its always about facts n ppl will always detect wen u are truely falling....
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
well to each his own,that tin about being real on nl on butress a fact that u can always hold ur ground even wen u are wrong,dont 4get dat its always about facts n ppl will always detect wen u are truely falling....
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by xpress(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
NO 3... Is the reason why i visit nairaland grin grin
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:41am On Apr 17, 2015
xpress:
NO 3... Is the reason why i visit nairaland grin grin

Drama queen wink
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by pinkhill(f): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2015
i hate no 1......some mods behaving like w**ch

i love no 3 with passion.....that's what makes nl fun
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
pinkhill:
i hate no 1......some mods behaving like w**ch

i love no 3 with passion.....that's what makes nl fun

So people like drama like this? grin
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by naijaboiy: 6:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Ehen is that so? grin
Re: 5 Guaranteed Ways To Become Famous On Nairaland (2015 Edition) by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
naijaboiy:
Ehen is that so? grin

yes

(1) (Reply)

Seun, I Am Disappointed In You / Happy Birthday Ymodulus. / What Are The Best Websites To Download Good Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.