Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

The Will To Succeed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Will To Succeed (440 Views)

All You Need To Succeed On Fiverr Is Traffic / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Want To Succeed In Business? Read The Best Business Advice From Aliko Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Will To Succeed by tonair: 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
‘I am tired of working as an employee and earning a pittance that can barely cater for my transport to and from work. The false security provided by a salaried employment that cannot meet very basic needs is the most cruel form of insecurity in a person’s life. Therefore, I am resolved and prepared now to take my destiny in my own hands, God helping me. As better employment seems to have eluded me for so long, I seek to be self employed, to hussle and find opportunities to engage myself, in legal and moral ways, in order to create sufficient wealth for myself. I believe there is enough in me to so succeed financially. I am going to use all the potentials, gifts, talents and abilities God has blessed me with to the fullest until I succeed. This is because I believe God has blessed me and endowed me with all I require to succeed in life. I think I am too blessed to fail in life if I try hard enough to succeed using all that is in me. However, if it is true that I cannot succeed putting my all into life and following sound principles, then it means I am not worth living. Then I could as well go and commit suicide’.[b][/b]

Someone heard a man utter the above statement and quickly condemned it as unchristian, suicidal and outrightly negative.

I think the quoted is is a statement of an articulate, thoughtful, principled and determined Godly fighter. This statement is motivating rather than demotivating. It exposed more zeal to live than to die, and not a suicidal mission statement. This is certainly the mission statement of a man with a positive will to succeed, believing he has all it takes to succeed in life. It comes from a sound and robust mind.

What do you make of the quoted statement above? Let us hear your own views.
Re: The Will To Succeed by toyeoye(m): 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Very on point and motivating. Why soil it with the suicide thot? Keep trying until you drop!
Re: The Will To Succeed by tonair: 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
The defining phrase in the last two sentences of the quoted statement is not 'commit suicide' but 'if it is true'. The point is that can it be true that a man puts his all into life following sound principles and will still fail. Sound principle includes never give up. If it were so, such a life would not be worth living. The statement that talks of suicide only emphasizes the worthlessness of a life bound to failure no matter what effort one makes. The speaker has said enough to dispel this falacy that could have made suicide justifiable. Meaning to say, suicide is never an option to a person who thinks he was born to succeed and is determined to succeed. Taken in context of all said earlier, the suicide sentence does not soil nor reduce this man's desire to live and to succeed.

(1) (Reply)

A Robotic Massaging Chair For Sale-see Pictures / Do You Need Virtual Office Assistant? / Jumia – Innjoo Announces Dubai Trip Reward For Shoppers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.