Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

After NYSC, What Next. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / After NYSC, What Next. (1228 Views)

NYSC: What You Need To Know About Rivers State Orientation Camp / Now That NYSC Is A Done Deal, What Next? (how To Prosper After NYSC) / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After NYSC, What Next. by hemartins(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hello, I'm E.Martins. just want to share this article I wrote. It might come in handy

We all are so freaked by the nysc scheme. We just can't wait to put on that grey khaki and take pictures. Yes, so much fun awaits us. I am earnestly waiting for that day. Camp resumes on 5th of May. I would be a year older exactly that day too. In anticipation of service, one thing baffles me.
After NYSC what next?
I have seen graduates over the years who complain of no jobs.
I have seen a very intelligent student become a bike rider.
So many stories that are unpleasant to the ear.
Well I'm sure ours won't be like that.
Now back to the topic.
How can we face the challenges after nysc. I tried my best to figure out some things to keep your head afloat.

* First, try and make a lot of good friends. Collect contacts and build a good network.
* developed yourself. Learn a new skill. Remember, no knowledge is lost.
* be positive.
* advertise yourself. Tell people you need a job. Don't be ashamed to do it. Create a complementary card and give it to people. You never know who might help you.
*never give up. Just keep trying. You first job interview might be so bad but don't give up on yourself.
* if by now, you have not prepared your CV you can start now. Seek professional advice from your senior colleagues.
* have an open mindset. Think outside the box. Don't feel because you studied petroleum engineering so you must work in an oil company. Sometimes life can take a turn. Any course you study can lead you to any field. An engineer can end up becoming a bank manager. And if you don't get a job, start a business. you will excel
* be prudent. Don't lavish your money. Save and invest it.
Wish myself and everyone reading this article a successful life ahead.
E.Martins.

5 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next. by vananulus(m): 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
nice share........deres more to life after nysc

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What Next. by hemartins(m): 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thanks Sir
Re: After NYSC, What Next. by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 15, 2015
I'm not eager to do NYSC, i just want to do it and move on with life, personally on my own, i think it is waste of time.

But in all God's will be done.

4 Likes

Re: After NYSC, What Next. by nimotrp771: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2015
good one... .
Re: After NYSC, What Next. by Godsgal(f): 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmn. Nice one. I hope u've put al dis into pratice urslf
Re: After NYSC, What Next. by hemartins(m): 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
Godsgal:
Hmmn. Nice one. I hope u've put al dis into pratice urslf

I practice what I preach.

(1) (Reply)

ICPC/NAVC CDS Group Kano State On Sensitization/debate Competition. / Nysc Batch B Thumb Printing And Facial Capture Wahala / Unpaid Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.