Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order (1073 Views)

‘this Is Why The Naira Fell Despite CBN Intervention’ – ABCON / Dangote: I Need 38 Visas To Move Around Africa Despite My Influence / Why Is Gtbank Still Charging 225 Per Dollar When Others Charge Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by 9jaCrusade: 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hello. I was about to renew my DSTV subscription when I found out that DSTV still went on with the fraudulent 20% increase despite the court injunction placed on them. Please when will impunity stop in this country?

A south African company coming to Nigeria, making so much money from Nigeria and still flaunting our court rules? It is a big shame and one that is terrible to say the least.

Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by krak101(m): 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
GMB should look into the activities of NCC. It's their duty to regulate the activities of outfits such as DSTV.
Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
Terrible.

Where is NBC?
Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by 9jaCrusade: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
krak101:
GMB should look into the activities of NCC. It's their duty to regulate the activities of outfits such as DSTV.

These guys never do the jobs they are paid for...

MOD please Front Page...

We need to push it out there for people to know that DSTV is flaunting a court order. I just called their customer care and they said they were not aware of any court restrictions.
Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by kheart(m): 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
This pple dey craze ni? I also paid my sub last week wit d same increment but I thought d course oder ll be effectiv dis week.

Make dem swear in GMB already
Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by lordthree(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
if you cant afford it get startime, star times is 900 now sometimes they give it free eh? its not by force to use dstv, cut your coat according to your size

1 Like

Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by 9jaCrusade: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
lordthree:
if you cant afford it get startime, star times is 900 now sometimes they give it free eh? its not by force to use dstv, cut your coat according to your size

I will actually not bandy words with you regarding this as I am very sure, people who are truly financially well off do not sound the way you just did.

And if you hadn't jumped the gun, you would have understood my grouse was with flaunting an order of your country's court rather than price. I perfectly accept that in a free market, not even the courts can force a party to set their prices. However, there is a restraint order pending the hearing of the suit. DSTV cannot and should not flaunt it.

You should really stop being a wanna bee (the type of Nigerian that travels for "summer" even though he lives year round in 30deg C) and save your advice of cutting your coat to your size..duh (it's actually cloth not size). Try not advertising your ignorance

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by lordthree(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
9jaCrusade:

I will actually not bandy words with you regarding this as I am very sure, people who are truly financially well off do not sound the way you just did.

And if you hadn't jumped the gun, you would have understood my grouse was with flaunting an order of your country's court rather than price. I perfectly accept that in a free market, not even the courts can force a party to set their prices. However, there is a restraint order pending the hearing of the suit. DSTV cannot and should not flaunt it.

You should really stop being a wanna bee (the type of Nigerian that travels for "summer" even though he lives year round in 30deg C) and save your advice of cutting your coat to your size..duh (it's actually cloth not size). Try not advertising your ignorance
the crux of the matter is the increment don't try to act like you are all about the court restraint order, it is obvious you were hoping dstv would obey the court order so you still pay the old fee, writing a long essay wont mask that, if you're still waiting for the price to reduce then keep waiting or better yet fast and pray about it OR work hard so you can afford it... smh it's only in Nigeria you see paupers trying hard to live in luxury.
Re: DSTV Still Charging 20% Increase Despite Court Restraining Order by Collinslainzo: 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
Only in Nigeria. . . . . . . such a blatant disregard for the law . . . . . .but we go still go pay

I'm actually surprised that this thread has such few comments

lordthree:

the crux of the matter is the increment don't try to act like you are all about the court restraint order, it is obvious you were hoping dstv would obey the court order so you still pay the old fee, writing a long essay wont mask that, if you're still waiting for the price to reduce then keep waiting or better yet fast and pray about it OR work hard so you can afford it... smh it's only in Nigeria you see paupers trying hard to live in luxury.

obviously we all want the tariff reduced, but that is not the crux of the matter. I'm sure @9jacrusade probably went ahead and renewed his subscription. The crux of the matter is the fact that the court put an injunction in place and DSTV disregarded it. That is really something to be frowned upon. In a better country, DSTV could lose its license.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ur idea pls, Would investing in Online Forum Be A Good Business? / Prices Of Petrol In Some African Countries / Explaining The New Cbn Fx Policy To Bank Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.