Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:40 AM

Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? (2251 Views)

5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by johnydon22(m): 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Tired of beating about the bush. I think atheists should be meek people seeking to know if God actually exists by throwing questions and giving good replies especially on cogent ones that lead to change of faith. Just a simple question of 'is it true the universe came from an intelligent or non intelligent process?',requiring a simple yes or no has turned into what millions of letters has been typed. SMH.

Now it is process, no longer source or plain intelligence... Lol smiley You really need to go get a grip
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I don't know what necessitated this reply. You just asserted a view, then I asked you why you rejected a conscious origin though you are conscious without having proof to back your view?
Dude...I DO NOT KNOW HOW THE UNIVERSE CAME INTO EXISTENCE, never said I did. You of course think...'God did it!'. That is an ASSERTION. Do I have to tell you that assertions need to be supported with evidence? Till then, there's nothing to refute.

What is the connection between my consciousness and supposed consciousness of a creator?

2 Likes

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Tired of beating about the bush. I think atheists should be meek people seeking to know if God actually exists by throwing questions and giving good replies especially on cogent ones that lead to change of faith. Just a simple question of 'is it true the universe came from an intelligent or non intelligent process?',requiring a simple yes or no has turned into what millions of letters has been typed. SMH.
Learn how to structure you sentences and build proper arguments before you complain about someone else's argumentation and comprehension skills.

Your initial question did not even make sense and I pointed it out already. I can tell you mean "conscious process/source" and I already told you "I object"(No).

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
DProDG:

Learn how to structure you sentences and build proper arguments before you complain about someone else's argumentation and comprehension skills.

Your initial question did not even make sense and I pointed it out already. I can tell you mean "conscious process/source" and I already told you "I object"(No).
Why?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao funny... what about El the sumerian supreme God that predates yahweh with thousands of years.

What about Ea the mesopotamian version, To you it is the jewish version... hahahahahaha..

So according to you, ur god is the origin of consciousness, ur god as you make us believe is an entity with consciousness, so what is the origin of ur god's consciousness..

And why do you say its the jewish deity yahweh and not the ones i listed above or a thousand and one others creators (deities) humanity worship? smiley
Where did you learn all these things you've asserted?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Why?
DProDG:
...You of course think 'God did it!'. That is an ASSERTION. Do I have to tell you that assertions need to be supported with evidence? Till then, there's nothing to refute...
DProDG:
Why is it soooooooooooooooooooo hard for you guys to understand the [size=16pt]BURDEN OF PROOF[/size]?

1 Like

Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it
unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being
understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that
they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were
thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=DProDG post=32724290][/quote] Let me ask again, Isn't it true that our cosmos is either from non intelligent origin or intelligent origin? Your answer was A, provided intelligence means consciousness. My reply was why. Where is the assertion? How does the burden of proof fall on me?
Re: Can Science Prove That GOD Doesn't Exist? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Let me ask again, Isn't it true that our cosmos is either from non intelligent origin or intelligent origin? Your answer was A, provided intelligence means consciousness. My reply was why. Where is the assertion? How does the burden of proof fall on me?
Okay, from your question, there is no assertion, yes. However...
DProDG:
You should reword your question... to avoid creating a false dichotomy.

DProDG:
...I DO NOT KNOW HOW THE UNIVERSE CAME INTO EXISTENCE, never said I did...
So asking me to give a say on something I admit I do not know is pointless. What I do know is the Big Bang(another topic altogether that you do not know much about) which did not require a "conscious(intelligent) mind".

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit / How Abacha Tried To Kill Me – Pastor Adeboye / This Pastor has Guts!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.