Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,376 members, 7,826,479 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Health Officials Say There Is No Truth To Reports That Ebola Is Back In Nigeria! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Officials Say There Is No Truth To Reports That Ebola Is Back In Nigeria! (333 Views)

ASPMDA Hospital In Lagos Opened By Peter Obi & LASG Officials / WHO Warns That Ebola May Be Transmitted Sexually / WHO Warns That Ebola May Be Transmitted Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health Officials Say There Is No Truth To Reports That Ebola Is Back In Nigeria! by angelawoko(m): 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
However health official have debunked the rumour. Ebola expert Dr. Lawal Bakare, founder of Ebola Alert, described the message as malicious and a figment of the imagination of the originator. He told Vanguard that there is no iota of truth to the report and Nigeria is Ebola free.

He said,

We found a fast spreading false rumour of Ebola cases in Nigeria. The rumour was initiated by an irresponsible blogger who lied that there are cases of Ebola in Nigeria just to generate traffic to her website.We will need your powerhouse to help us tackle this rumour. In order to prevent what happened during the Ebola outbreak where people were told to drink salt water and some ended up losing their lives, we are doing this to let you know ahead of this rumor and to also tell your friends and neighbours. The rumour is false; there is no known case of Ebola in Nigeria.”

You may recall that Nigeria was declared Ebola free on October 20, 2014.

Thank God! I was SCAREDDDDD!

(1) (Reply)

San At That I Mean And Maybe Wallet Me / Recovery And Repair To Build Muscle Quickly / Do You Know That Your Smartphones Can Detect Eye Cancer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.