Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Help With Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Python (3033 Views)

Help With Python Program (simple While Loop) / Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language / Kivy Framework For Gui Dev. With Python (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Python by sanny18(m): 12:04am On Apr 15, 2015
Just want to start learning python, will I need to notepad++ or does it have software I will use to execute my code
Re: Help With Python by megasamuel(m): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2015
Yes, you would enjoy python:
You would need notepad++ as the text editor meaning where you would write code. and would need to get python as well would advise v2 since its mostly used. You can Google for download links. and also if you are not using the windows OS there are other text editor available so it doesn't have to be notepad.
ENJOY!!
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 1:28am On Apr 15, 2015
megasamuel:
Yes, you would enjoy python:
You would need notepad++ as the text editor meaning where you would write code. and would need to get python as well would advise v2 since its mostly used. You can Google for download links. and also if you are not using the windows OS there are other text editor available so it doesn't have to be notepad.
ENJOY!!
u mean I will need a python server
Re: Help With Python by sisqology(m): 4:43am On Apr 15, 2015
sanny18:
Just want to start learning python, will I need to notepad++ or does it have software I will use to execute my code

For you to start writing python, you need to download python 2.7.x(as python 3 is not recommended for beginners) https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.9/python-2.7.9.msi The software will make you able to execute .py files on your system. The software comes with a package named "python IDLE", it is always good to start writing your python codes wwith python IDLE because if you write with notepad or any other text editor, you will eventually open IDLE to execute so, it isnt worth the stress.

After you install python, to confirm, open cmd and type "python" if you see the image1, it means python is installed successfully.

Image2 shows you the python IDLE interface

Python is a good language to start programming with as it is well disciplined and structured. Ask me any other thing if you are confused

Enjoy

Re: Help With Python by samlexxy: 5:53am On Apr 15, 2015
I'd suggest python 3
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 7:12am On Apr 15, 2015
sisqology:

For you to start writing python, you need to download python 2.7.x(as python 3 is not recommended for beginners) https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.9/python-2.7.9.msi The software will make you able to execute .py files on your system. The software comes with a package named "python IDLE", it is always good to start writing your python codes wwith python IDLE because if you write with notepad or any other text editor, you will eventually open IDLE to execute so, it isnt worth the stress.

After you install python, to confirm, open cmd and type "python" if you see the image1, it means python is installed successfully.

Python is a good language to start programming with as it is well disciplined and structured. Ask me any other thing if you are confused

Enjoy
tanx I will
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 7:13am On Apr 15, 2015
samlexxy:
I'd suggest python 3
tanx very much
Re: Help With Python by samlexxy: 2:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
sanny18:
tanx very much
do you have any prior understand of what's programming is about....be it any language....syntax or basics....just an idea??
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
samlexxy:
do you have any prior understand of what's programming is about....be it any language....syntax or basics....just an idea??
no sir, just html css
Re: Help With Python by samlexxy: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
sanny18:
no sir, just html css
that's good..real good..tho python is a scripting language..just read enough books or pdf..nd try to practise..you can learn the basics within a month..it depends on how determined and fast you r
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
samlexxy:
that's good..real good..tho python is a scripting language..just read enough books or pdf..nd try to practise..you can learn the basics within a month..it depends on how determined and fast you r
tanx sir, can I get ur Facebook name, have not download python on my system, that what is delaying me
Re: Help With Python by samlexxy: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2015
sanny18:
tanx sir, can I get ur Facebook name, have not download python on my system, that what is delaying me
its the same username....on here and facebook...download It asap...you can download with your phone and just transfer it over
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
samlexxy:
its the same username....on here and facebook...download It asap...you can download with your phone and just transfer it over
tanx
Re: Help With Python by ibnquasale(m): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
samlexxy:

Bros can you help me with a python and cx_oracle problem.
Thanks in advance.

I called cursor.executemany() but was getting the Memory error whenever the data size is much
Re: Help With Python by samlexxy: 3:22am On Apr 19, 2015
ibnquasale:

Thanks in advance.

I called cursor.executemany() but was getting the Memory error whenever the data size is much
I don't do oracle sorry....
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 8:02am On Apr 19, 2015
Mr samlexxy I search ur name on face book. I couldn't find u, have started learning python
Re: Help With Python by samlexxy: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
sanny18:
Mr samlexxy I search ur name on face book. I couldn't find u, have started learning python
it ain't mai facebook name....its my facebook username...just go to www.facebook.com/samlexxy
Re: Help With Python by kudaisi(m): 1:12am On Apr 21, 2015
ibnquasale:

Thanks in advance.

My advice break the query into smaller data chunks and use LIMITS and OFFSET to achieve continuity. Then use cursor.execute instead of cursor.executemany()

1 Like

Re: Help With Python by ibnquasale(m): 1:32am On Apr 21, 2015
kudaisi:
My advice break the query into smaller data chunks and use LIMITS and OFFSET to achieve continuity. Then use cursor.execute instead of cursor.executemany()

Thanks boss... I will give it a try later in the day.... I really appreciate
Re: Help With Python by kudaisi(m): 2:03am On Apr 21, 2015
ibnquasale:

Thanks boss... I will give it a try later in the day.... I really appreciate
I'm honoured, keep me posted I'll see if i can help.
Re: Help With Python by ibnquasale(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
kudaisi:
I'm honoured, keep me posted I'll see if i can help.

I switched to ubuntu, ran the same code on Linux and it was fine...

Can't really tell why though. Guess, I will just continue with on ubuntu.

Thanks for ur help
Re: Help With Python by umaryusuf(m): 6:06am On Jun 03, 2015
sanny18:

Hi,
A Ten weeks FREE Python Programming course has just started on coursera.org (01-06-2015). Am sure it will help u....

To join load: https://www.coursera.org/course/pythonlearn

Programming for Everybody (Python)
This course aims to teach everyone to learn the basics of programming computers using Python. The course has no pre-requisites and avoids all but the simplest mathematics. Anyone with moderate computer experience should be able to master the materials in this course.

Course Syllabus
-------------------------
Week One: Introduction - Why we program?
Week Two: Variables and Expressions
Week Three: Conditional code
Week Four: Functions
Week Five: Loops and Iteration
Week Six: Strings
Week Seven: Files
Week Eight: Lists
Week Nine: Dictionaries
Week Ten: Tuples
Optional Topic: Regular Expressions
Re: Help With Python by sanny18(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2015
sisqology:

Enjoy
sir am done all the basic of python,what should a do next
Re: Help With Python by Jeffflo: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
Whoop! MetalWorks LLC is offering a PRICE SLASH ON all WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT JOBS for prospective and existing customers. What does this mean for me you ask? Right you are. What is means is that from the beginning of this month, your photography blogs, e-commerce sites, fora et.al may all be set up with the minimum of fuss with our crack team of programmers. As additional incentive, the option of PAYMENT IN INSTALLMENTS is available upon agreement. Great huh? Of course you think so, you bargain-hunter you. So yeah, call Toby on 07033503357 to set up your free consultation today. You'll be glad you did.
Re: Help With Python by oyebolasdk(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2015
Hey guys I am also a begineer in python so why don't we create a thread?
Re: Help With Python by danidee10(m): 9:38am On Jan 20, 2016
Go with the future and use python 3 it's even easier and most critical libraries and frameworks have been ported over
Re: Help With Python by Mich43l(m): 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
you can't kill a python oo...abeg run for your life...no one will help you....oh, you meant the programming language?

notepad++ can be used as an editor... How do you plan on learning it?

(1) (Reply)

Save Image Into Oracle Database In Asp.net/vb.net / Help: Issues Running Ubuntu On Vmware / What Is The Difference Between Linux Ubuntu And Linux Kali?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.