Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Whats The Need In Changing Another Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Whats The Need In Changing Another Job (715 Views)

The Need To Eliminate Wage Disparity In Nigerian Public Sectors / His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. / A Theory Of Value Vs. Need – The Need For Personal Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Need In Changing Another Job by chukxy44(m): 11:13am On Jan 29, 2009
I have noticed a great change in workers attitude to work in resent time, there seems to be an increase in the rate at which emplyees change jobs, (No exception to Bankers and the Golden oil workers) I just don't get it, pls. break it down is it that it is no longer fashionable to enjoy long service award, job security, loyality and so onor are employers tired of awarding the long service award and seeing the same faces. Nairalanders pls. lets hear it.
Re: Whats The Need In Changing Another Job by GoldCircle: 11:33am On Jan 29, 2009
TO answer your question, there are only 3 reasons why majority of modern day workers change jobs.

1. Money
2. Money
3. Stress.
Re: Whats The Need In Changing Another Job by Tgirl4real(f): 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2009
Basically, they believe the more jobs they change the more their chances to climb the corporate ladder faster. Guys use this to boost their CV.

I don't support this trend. I believe in employee loyalty. At least, stay with your firm for a considerable length of time before jumping to another one except if the working condition is not favourable. Money is not everything.
Re: Whats The Need In Changing Another Job by visitor30(m): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Basically, they believe the more jobs they change the more their chances to climb the corporate ladder faster. Guys use this to boost their CV.

I don't support this trend. I believe in employee loyalty. At least, stay with your firm for a considerable length of time before jumping to another one except if the working condition is not favourable. Money is not everything.

In as much as we all want to say that Money ain't everything, lets face the fact and be truthful to ourselves, why would i want to stay in a firm that wont pay me so much for ma worth, just because am being treated so well. on what basis. Money usually comes first b4 we talk about Job satisfaction and not the other way round. I'm victim of the school of thought that use to believe that its job satisfaction 1st before Money. Now am paying the price of such a stupid decision i took when i left my Banking job for where i am today.

People, Its all about the Benjamin's 1st and then all others will fall into place, just ma 2kobo contribution shah, Tnks
Re: Whats The Need In Changing Another Job by MrCrackles(m): 11:08am On Jan 30, 2009
People change jobs for so many reasons and this varies across different locations. Job security is crucial and i will definitely be on the look out for that.
Personally i will change jobs, if the challenges are worth taking, if it will offer a quicker and consistent career advancement as well as better packages
I will also change jobs if the chance to work for a larger firm presents itself, if the family feels they will be happier with the location and weather

But most peope nowadays change jobs because of money and laziness, they want to earn big money but dont want to work thier socks off!

(1) (Reply)

Pilot Career / *****MCSE Cert In Abuja******** / Zoology Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.